Hot Deal supreme-court-allows-centre-to-recover-rs-1-3-lakh-crore-from-telecom-companies-2121996

370°
66 Comments  |  
25 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
DaBomb wrote:

Many services and important SMS gets blocked due to full DND activation, so its not useful for me to activate DND. But does that give service provider right to activate VAS and deduct balance on weekly basis? Are you implying that people who do not activate DND will have their balance deducted with random VAS activation??

Note: Why would i care about RIL or JIO or Chortel cartel debt? do they care about my debt?? all i care about is service i am getting against payment i am doing.

Because those debt will eventually comes to you. Those are interlinked.
Remember MAB case of banks?? Were those introduced to increase profit, no it was done to reduce losses due to bad loans.

Moral of the story for me : Desidime is not the platform of intellectual discussions.

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

technology shifts comes eventually not instant. There is no 4G before JIO launch.

You can not compare prices of 2 different technologies. I will give you one more example. Memory was costly. Read Moore’s law. Comparing 2000 price and 2019 doesn’t makes sense.

https://jcmit.net/memorypri...tm

I was using Airtel 4G since 2015.
Jio made 4G available everywhere while Airtel just had it on a few towers inside metro cities.

Also, I agree with the rest of your comment.

Missing
Blogger

i had a few troubles with VAS,
DND came only on recent years.

after that era changed , no need to keep main balance.

hence no VAS problems.

Missing
Critic
Expand
DaBomb wrote:

I used EVDO for few days, but they were useless while traveling/moving. They had signal in limited places and were useful only within city (and certain locality within city). But still its pricing was way better than AVOID gang service price.

RCom CDMA/EVDO had nearly PAN India presence
So did MTS before it was crippled by the Supreme Court ruling on 2G spectrum, even though CDMA was never part of the 2G spectrum allocation process.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

RCom CDMA/EVDO had nearly PAN India presence
So did MTS before it was crippled by the Supreme Court ruling on 2G spectrum, even though CDMA was never part of the 2G spectrum allocation process.

I was using tata indicom EVDO and MTS EVDO. They had better speed in cities only. While traveling i was getting 2G speed in rural or semi urban areas or no signal at all.

Missing
Critic
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

technology shifts comes eventually not instant. There is no 4G before JIO launch.

You can not compare prices of 2 different technologies. I will give you one more example. Memory was costly. Read Moore’s law. Comparing 2000 price and 2019 doesn’t makes sense.

https://jcmit.net/memorypri...tm

CDMA EVDO Rev.B was definitely 4G. In fact, the current LTE 4G is also a form of CDMA technology only. EVDO Rev.B gave stable speeds of around 1.5 mbps which was enough for most purposes.
4G was there even before Jio, in the form of EVDO by RCom and MTS and that too with reasonable pricing. Mukesh Ambani knew that as long as EVDO is there, Jio may not be very successful so he systematically destroyed CDMA in India through his brother before launching Jio and then used the entire CDMA 800 Mhz spectrum for Jio.

Missing
Deal Subedar
rogerthat wrote:

i had a few troubles with VAS,
DND came only on recent years.

after that era changed , no need to keep main balance.

hence no VAS problems.

DND was there since many years. Just that people didn’t know it.

2013 article

https://www.techsiren.com/how-to-activate-do-no...

Missing