Hot Deal Sydeny : 3rd test : India vs Australia : Match drawn (Best match I have seen in recent times)

801°
Deal Cadet
346
396
11

I just wanted to share what I feel about today’s match, If anyone has woke up on the first day of the match to just see rain would have easily thought that this match will be going for a draw only. It is a draw match both team will share the point but the character and temperament shown by the Indian cricketers was just beautiful to watch. Since a year I have been a fan of Indian bowling rather than batting. So many debutants in the series, many seniors not playing. Just give me a gut feeling India has a bright future ahead in Cricket, Especially in bowling department.

What are your thought on today’s match?
What are your thought on the upcoming Brisbane match?
Did Steve Smith actually cheated?
Did Tim Paine got the best answers by Ashwin?

Share your thought.

122 Comments  |  
21 Dimers
  • Sort By
50
2156
31
Expand
vijkap201 wrote:

Aaj DIL bahut bada kar liya aapne… smile toungueout

Khusi ka DIN hai 😍

113
8554
47
Expand
PIEKEY wrote:

Ash, I dont think would be a problem the way he batted today looked good. Might be back muscle pain which the physio’s can work out in a day. Jaddu, don’t know how much fit he will be but he shouold play.

Would definitely be a crunching and munching last match.

Hope so!
Naah jaddu ain’t playing!

376
4100
52
Expand
ashish0193 wrote:

Question should be what if Ishant Sharma and Mohammad Shami was there

Yes, Australian conditions are perfect for Sami.

130
27791
325

Our current-gen tailenders can’t bat. Its a fact
Even Ashwin lacks consistency to perform, he is no Harbhajan or Zaheer who used to be consistent performers in test cricket back in the day
Its a do-or-die situation for Vihari.. considering the chances of him getting picked for the next test match and test series are very minimal
The promotion of pant even though its a coincidence (worked for us)
I don’t think we (Any team chasing a target of 400+?) would’ve lasted all day if everyone tried to be a Pujara since the beginning but kudos to Ashwin & Vihari for successfully ending the match as a draw & Pant w/ his aggressive approach. Based on recent performances, even one more wicket w/ 30 overs to spare would’ve finished the game for us (Injured Jadeja*)

The frequent inclusion/exclusion of Debutants needs to be stopped, not everyone can be a shubman gill who doesn’t seem to be get much affected by the playing conditions & hopefully the management deals with the frequent injuries to multiple players.. if it is due to scheduling then it needs to be sorted

26
2174
29
Expand
Chandler_Bing wrote:

Captain with almost the best record overall in all formats and by far the best record as Indian captain can’t captain the team well. Cheers!

Luck due to batting friendly pitches and talented team and most of his wins have come with Dhoni in the team leading on the ground.

154
2483
18
Expand
G-Gowda wrote:

Luck due to batting friendly pitches and talented team and most of his wins have come with Dhoni in the team leading on the ground.

I love how this is a thread about test cricket and appreciating the performance and you’re casually talking about LOI.
What do you have to say about test cricket? Don’t say this team is far better than what Dhoni had. Dhoni had the Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir, Laxman, Dravid and himself in batting. In bowling he had everyone available from the current Indian team except Bumrah. Give credit where it’s due. All the 4 fast bowlers (Boom, Ish, Shami, Umesh) and Ashwin have openly praised Kohli for trusting the fast bowling unit. You can say whatever you want. But it’ll be stupid to deny that Kohli has nothing to do with this fast bowling unit. When have you seen a fast bowler like Siraj suddenly coming to ranks and bowling proper test match line and lengths in his first match? When have you seen India having 7-8 quality fast bowlers? Remember what South Africa/Australia had back in 2000’s and 2010’s. That was for a reason and this is too. I still remember the dreaded time when after the Initial burst, Ash and Jaddu would just keep on bowling in tandem. Kohli is a bowlers captain and this team bowls opposition out of the game.

346
396
11
Expand
Chandler_Bing wrote:

I love how this is a thread about test cricket and appreciating the performance and you’re casually talking about LOI.
What do you have to say about test cricket? Don’t say this team is far better than what Dhoni had. Dhoni had the Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir, Laxman, Dravid and himself in batting. In bowling he had everyone available from the current Indian team except Bumrah. Give credit where it’s due. All the 4 fast bowlers (Boom, Ish, Shami, Umesh) and Ashwin have openly praised Kohli for trusting the fast bowling unit. You can say whatever you want. But it’ll be stupid to deny that Kohli has nothing to do with this fast bowling unit. When have you seen a fast bowler like Siraj suddenly coming to ranks and bowling proper test match line and lengths in his first match? When have you seen India having 7-8 quality fast bowlers? Remember what South Africa/Australia had back in 2000’s and 2010’s. That was for a reason and this is too. I still remember the dreaded time when after the Initial burst, Ash and Jaddu would just keep on bowling in tandem. Kohli is a bowlers captain and this team bowls opposition out of the game.

Very true, that is why Kulcha is bowling in T20 and ODI’s because he trust the bowlers.

And even I would just say we need to have some good batsman like pant in the middle order which can keep tickling the score board which boosts up the moral and that is how we have saved today’s match. Nothing taking anything from the bowlers today was a Complete batting effort by Indian batsman which should be credited.

450
5849
57

What a match 😘😘😘. Never seen batting like this by Indian team. Super innings from pant vihari ashwin.

154
2483
18
Expand
PIEKEY wrote:

Very true, that is why Kulcha is bowling in T20 and ODI’s because he trust the bowlers.

And even I would just say we need to have some good batsman like pant in the middle order which can keep tickling the score board which boosts up the moral and that is how we have saved today’s match. Nothing taking anything from the bowlers today was a Complete batting effort by Indian batsman which should be credited.

Exactly. I don’t even remember the last time Indian team victory was celebrated without dissing on Kohli.
Desidime is as pathetic as Facebook/Twitter when it comes to cricket. No logic, no wholesome comments, just negativity and dissing on players. I remember chatting with a Australian bloke, he was surprised that people don’t want Kohli to be captain. He found it too funny when people compared IPL performances with Indian team captaincy. People outside India who don’t follow Indian cricket regularly already beleive Kohli has taken Indian cricket to next level. And here we are dissing our own players.
I can get behind people not liking his captaincy style. It’s also very okay to want other people as captain. But at least enjoy the victory. But no, let us first diss Kohli.

450
5849
57
Expand
PIEKEY wrote:

Agreed, When you know Ashwin plays spinners very well then you are making Nathan Lyon bowl till then end of the match?

Bad captaincy definitely because clearly ashwin able play the lyon but still bowled a long spell. Lyon is great bowler so paine thought he will break the partnership.
All fast bowlers r full tired (other reason for lyon bowling)

346
396
11
Expand
suplex_city wrote:

Bad captaincy definitely because clearly ashwin able play the lyon but still bowled a long spell. Lyon is great bowler so paine thought he will break the partnership.
All fast bowlers r full tired (other reason for lyon bowling)

Absolutely I agree, better would have been if Green would have bowled or in the midst they gave Labuschagne as an option he was also good, anyways after the Ashwina catch dropped there was a little chance of them coming back, because six wickets on batting pitch is a bit difficult job to do smile

0
2843
30
cadence wrote:

Mayank, Ashwin Injuries Worry India Ahead of 4th Test
https://www.thequint.com/amp/story/sports/crick...

Mayank was hit during nets, scan report awaited. Ashwin had back problems. Bumrah is also suffering from abdominal strain. pensive

Too many injuries..
Assuming no Bumrah,Vihari,Jadeja,Ashwin,Mayank in next match, playing 11 will be like..
Rohit, Gill, Shaw/Saha, Pujara, Rahane, Pant, Kuldeep, Siraj, Saini, Natarajan/Shardul.
Bowling attack looks dull. It will be stunning if this team manages win/draw.
Aussies haven’t lost a test in Gabba since 1988.

1,163
9673
41
Expand
b4tm4n wrote:

Too many injuries..
Assuming no Bumrah,Vihari,Jadeja,Ashwin,Mayank in next match, playing 11 will be like..
Rohit, Gill, Shaw/Saha, Pujara, Rahane, Pant, Kuldeep, Siraj, Saini, Natarajan/Shardul.
Bowling attack looks dull. It will be stunning if this team manages win/draw.
Aussies haven’t lost a test in Gabba since 1988.

Hopefully Ashwin can recover. Also depends whether Pant has recovered fully to keep wickets.

Washington Sundar is also with team as a net bowler.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timesnownews.c...

0
2843
30
Expand
cadence wrote:

Hopefully Ashwin can recover. Also depends whether Pant has recovered fully to keep wickets.

Washington Sundar is also with team as a net bowler.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timesnownews.c...

yes one spinner is essential. may be he can bat as well.
our team needs someone like jadeja.
hope he will show all round performance 😊

113
8554
47
Expand
b4tm4n wrote:

Too many injuries..
Assuming no Bumrah,Vihari,Jadeja,Ashwin,Mayank in next match, playing 11 will be like..
Rohit, Gill, Shaw/Saha, Pujara, Rahane, Pant, Kuldeep, Siraj, Saini, Natarajan/Shardul.
Bowling attack looks dull. It will be stunning if this team manages win/draw.
Aussies haven’t lost a test in Gabba since 1988.

Ashwin and pant will play most likely than not! Will like to see mayank/shaw at 4th and playing both nattu and shardul in place of kuldeep and saini!
Gabba has a lot of bounce, spinners usually go 4+, can’t imagine kuldeep bowling there!

1,163
9673
41

Enjoyed the fine partnership between Sundar & Thakur. Rain is forecast for last 2 days, let’s see.

346
396
11
cadence wrote:

Enjoyed the fine partnership between Sundar & Thakur. Rain is forecast for last 2 days, let’s see.

It was too good. Loved the way Shardul played Cummins in the early part of his innings, this match is going towards draw, but that too will be a great win for India.

Such great domestic structure is there which helps young guns to perform even against such terrific bowling lineup.

Hats off to Sundar as well, too young to take such pressure and handled magnificiently.

62
1171
9
Expand
PIEKEY wrote:

It was too good. Loved the way Shardul played Cummins in the early part of his innings, this match is going towards draw, but that too will be a great win for India.

Such great domestic structure is there which helps young guns to perform even against such terrific bowling lineup.

Hats off to Sundar as well, too young to take such pressure and handled magnificiently.

It is still inclined towards Australia. Day 4 – if Australia could manage a target of 300+ to India and give them 10-15 overs to Bat,
They gonna win it with ease,with pressure on India to make the match go towards draw.

For India to win they have to restrict Australia tomorrow for less than 200 on board and dominate scoring the first 100 runs with the opening partnership.

Probability of Former seems much than the latter.
Hoping for the best!

346
396
11
Expand
Guru_bhai wrote:

It is still inclined towards Australia. Day 4 – if Australia could manage a target of 300+ to India and give them 10-15 overs to Bat,
They gonna win it with ease,with pressure on India to make the match go towards draw.

For India to win they have to restrict Australia tomorrow for less than 200 on board and dominate scoring the first 100 runs with the opening partnership.

Probability of Former seems much than the latter.
Hoping for the best!

I did not said India will win, it is more of towards draw seeing the wether prediction on 4th and 5th day.

Considering we will be short from 180 overs to around 140/150 overs it is very difficult to score 250 runs and take 10 wickets, seeing India can bat till 8 now.

So most probably it’s a draw which is like a win for India.

26
2174
29
Expand
PIEKEY wrote:

It was too good. Loved the way Shardul played Cummins in the early part of his innings, this match is going towards draw, but that too will be a great win for India.

Such great domestic structure is there which helps young guns to perform even against such terrific bowling lineup.

Hats off to Sundar as well, too young to take such pressure and handled magnificiently.

Its not going for a draw. India shouldn’t have taken any batsmen. All are useless. Great performance from our bowlers.

Bowlers have to bat and bowl both while batsmen get out quickly and take rest. Yet batsmen are getting more money and career span.

346
396
11
Expand
G-Gowda wrote:

Its not going for a draw. India shouldn’t have taken any batsmen. All are useless. Great performance from our bowlers.

Bowlers have to bat and ball both while batsmen get out quickly and take rest. Yet batsmen are getting more money and career span.

I cannot say all are useless everybody has his own character and plays as like that.

Sundar is not a specialist bowler, he is all rounder at present and bowler bats as wellI don’t know why we are neglecting the fact that in 1st innings apart from Gill everybody has contributed somewhat which has lead team to a good total. Must appreciate efforts of everybody in the team.

161
4006
11
Expand
G-Gowda wrote:

Its not going for a draw. India shouldn’t have taken any batsmen. All are useless. Great performance from our bowlers.

Bowlers have to bat and bowl both while batsmen get out quickly and take rest. Yet batsmen are getting more money and career span.

Satya vachan.. plus1

26
2174
29
Expand
PIEKEY wrote:

I cannot say all are useless everybody has his own character and plays as like that.

Sundar is not a specialist bowler, he is all rounder at present and bowler bats as wellI don’t know why we are neglecting the fact that in 1st innings apart from Gill everybody has contributed somewhat which has lead team to a good total. Must appreciate efforts of everybody in the team.

1st innings nobody played except bowlers.

20-40 runs is not a good contribution from your top batsmen.

Sundar is a newbie. He was taken into the team as a specialist bowler who could bat a bit.

346
396
11

that’s the end of the day (stumps) I guess?

346
396
11
PIEKEY wrote:

that’s the end of the day (stumps) I guess?

It has started again biggrin

0
2843
30
Expand
PIEKEY wrote:

It has started again biggrin

seems no draw here unless rain interrupts the match.
both teams have chance to win 🙂

346
396
11
Expand
b4tm4n wrote:

seems no draw here unless rain interrupts the match.
both teams have chance to win 🙂

Ahhh.. no as you just said it started raining and seems to be stumps for today.

1,163
9673
41

Though still a lot of games left but this article looks at various scenarios for World Test Championship final.

WTC final scenario: How the Gabba Test result will affect India and Australia

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/road-to-wtc-...

Missing