Tech Help Laptop recognizing battery not turning on on its power

66°
Deal Subedar
131
1560
9

Hello friends,

I have a Dell inspiron 15 3521, battery of which showed not recognized.

For some months I used it on direct AC adapter without battery.

But today when I tried using a replacement battery I faced this problem -

1. Laptop is recognizing battery
2. Status only show plugged in. Charging is not going up or down.
3. Laptop shuts down when AC adapter is removed.

I tried
1. Updating BIOS
2. Hard reset (pressing power button for 30seconds)

If anybody can help in this regard it’ll be great.

Thanks in advance.

12 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
  • Sort By
0
644
8

If any of your friend have Same kind of laptop then try with their battery. Its nost likely that battery is dead

131
1560
9
navkr wrote:

If any of your friend have Same kind of laptop then try with their battery. Its nost likely that battery is dead

It’s a new replacement battery. Charge is showing 91% but not discharging

221
4302
28

Shut down your laptop, and keep the adapter power plugged in. After about 30 min, power on your laptop and check if there is any increase in battery.

1
9905
67
Expand
kannu02021996 wrote:

It’s a new replacement battery. Charge is showing 91% but not discharging

The battery could be faulty.
Is it a local or original brand battery?

131
1560
9
Expand
Ash-D wrote:

The battery could be faulty.
Is it a local or original brand battery?

Not original. weary Bought from techie store after reading some reviews. Can be faulty. Gonna raise a return request.

1
9905
67
Expand
kannu02021996 wrote:

Not original. weary Bought from techie store after reading some reviews. Can be faulty. Gonna raise a return request.

Then a good chance of it being faulty I had a similar experience when the new (local brand) behaved similarly although I bought it from local market so I exchanged it immediately with a new one which worked fine.
Also if possible try to check with any other battery if it works out as their could be any other issue too.

131
1560
9
Expand
Ash-D wrote:

Then a good chance of it being faulty I had a similar experience when the new (local battery) behaved similarly although I bought it from local market so I exchanged it immediately with a new one which worked fine.
Also if possible try to check with any other battery of it works out as their could be any other issue too.

Ohkkk thanks bro. I’ll try tomorrow. plus1 plus1

674
5117
56
Expand
kannu02021996 wrote:

It goes to home page dell . Com

Probably because of desidime auto referral.
www .dell.com/community/Laptops-General-Read-Only/Non-dell-battery-in-BIOS-battery-not-recognized/td-p/5178708
copy above & paste in address bar in new tab & remove space between www & .dell

131
1560
9
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Probably because of desidime auto referral.
www .dell.com/community/Laptops-General-Read-Only/Non-dell-battery-in-BIOS-battery-not-recognized/td-p/5178708
copy above & paste in address bar in new tab & remove space between www & .dell

Thanks bro but my problem was little different. Thanks for the effort. plus1 plus1

Missing