Those who bought Kingston 128gb Exodia - TataCliQ

60°
Critic
Mumbhai

Ok, bagged that deal at 799 from TataCliQ, 128gb Pendrive. It arrived today, looked cool but the performance was bad for a 3.2 USB. The writing speed was mere 6mb and copying 15-20mb max, Don’t know whether the problem was with the pendrive but definitely not holding it up, have requested for refund. My 2.0 USB oldy transcend performance better.

Query
1.This is the first time ever I bought something with TataCliQ, how good are they in terms of returns?

2. Have tons of vids/images, planned for a backup and hence ordered this pendrive, any good reliable Pendrive model you recommend for 5-7 years span? Data size is 110GB

3. I just want for backup, won’t be using it daily. Are SSDs better? Thought of buying 240gb SSD, which could hold future data too.

Please suggest…Thanks

8 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
….is ur computer usb port 3.2 compatible….

….usb ports have backward compatibility….so any 3.0 interface pendrive will work well but the speed will only equivalent to 2.0 interface….

….I assume this is the case with you….
Critic Critic
Link Copied

Yes, I have USB 3.0 ports.(Corsair carbide 100r case where front ports are USB 3.0)…As I can google it, USB 3.2 standard is backward compatible with 3.1/3.0 and 2.0…so compatibility isn’t the issue….but still, it should atleast outperform a old 2.0 pendrive..

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Use SSD.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

Repartition it with NTFS and check.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Did that but same old speed

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Always check new pendrives and MicroSD card with H2testw, Fakeflashtest and RMPrepUSB’s Quick Size Test. These are small portable programs that will check if your microSD/pen drive is genuine.

As a thumb rule NEVER buy microSD/pen drive from 3rd party sellers on Amazon/Flipkart even if they are cheaper and/or Amazon/Flipkart fulfilled. Stick to RetailNet/Corseca (Flipkart) and CloudTail/Appario (Amazon). Still check them with above tools.

Trust, but verify.

For backups, external HDDs offer best price/GB if you are looking for backups. Stick to WD/Transcend and you should be fine.

Data is priceless, no deal is worthy if it is not secure.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

VU and KG+, thanks for the  information bro…will check it out.

replyuser
Click here to reply