TP-Link HS100 VS Wipro 16A (SMART PLUG)

53°
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

Please suggest me a better option.

11 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
  • Sort By
0
603
2

I dont think tp link one is made for indian plugs. I am using wipro, its pretty reliable

50
20
0
Tjs15 wrote:

I dont think tp link one is made for indian plugs. I am using wipro, its pretty reliable

I have one doubt, consider my geyser is set to turn on at 6AM and turn off at 7AM.
If I have a power cut at 6AM and is back later (say 6:05), will my geyser turn on automatically or i have to do it manually?

52
110
2

either ways make sure it has the esp8266 wifi chip on it
why?
this is a supported chip for custom firmware
example what i have done
got 8X smart bulb from china for 70rupees each then replaced chip to supported esp12f chip and custom homekit firmware on it
now control these direct via iphone home app
if you have the supported chip the plug will go a very long way
how can you find if its supported check online
like wipro and smitch both have the supported chip says online

50
1196
5

I am using the Wipro 10A smart plug, the updated version that comes with the safety shutter.

It is working perfect. I can vouch for its quality.

241
5408
31

@Tjs15 @teriab33
Just curious, which application you guys use it for? I’m aware its applications are wider, but just curious to see if there are any interesting uses from the users here.

241
5408
31
darylzero wrote:

either ways make sure it has the esp8266 wifi chip on it
why?
this is a supported chip for custom firmware
example what i have done
got 8X smart bulb from china for 70rupees each then replaced chip to supported esp12f chip and custom homekit firmware on it
now control these direct via iphone home app
if you have the supported chip the plug will go a very long way
how can you find if its supported check online
like wipro and smitch both have the supported chip says online

Are those chips pin to pin compatible?

50
1196
5
andromeda wrote:

@Tjs15 @teriab33
Just curious, which application you guys use it for? I’m aware its applications are wider, but just curious to see if there are any interesting uses from the users here.

I am using it with the “Wipro Next Smart Home” app, it serves my purpose. Never tried with any other apps yet.

241
5408
31
Expand
teriab33 wrote:

I am using it with the “Wipro Next Smart Home” app, it serves my purpose. Never tried with any other apps yet.

I mean the area of applications in home, not apk

50
1196
5
Expand
andromeda wrote:

I mean the area of applications in home, not apk

For me, the primary use is as a remote control for turning the electricity on/off remotely to a power extension box where my electronic devices are plugged in.

Also, on the Wipro Next app, I am able to see the live electricity load and the overall power consumption per day for all electronic devices connected to this extension box.

Very useful.

0
603
2
andromeda wrote:

@Tjs15 @teriab33
Just curious, which application you guys use it for? I’m aware its applications are wider, but just curious to see if there are any interesting uses from the users here.

Earlier i had a jiofi as permanent router for connecting all my smart home devices but all of them would end up stop working if i forget to charge the jiofi.
Then this smart plug came to the rescue, i had routines in alexa to charge jio using this plug at regular intervals and never had to worry about it.

Now i am using it just to switch on and off my tv.

0
603
2
Expand
raptor wrote:

I have one doubt, consider my geyser is set to turn on at 6AM and turn off at 7AM.
If I have a power cut at 6AM and is back later (say 6:05), will my geyser turn on automatically or i have to do it manually?

Ill check and let you know

Missing