Poll: Will IUC get scrapped by the end of 2020?
Poll has expired, here are the final results

Hot Deal TRAI to end IUC charges on 31st December 2020?

716°
Deal Captain
100
8736
120

The Telecom Regulatority Authority of India (TRAI) had proposed that the Interconnection Usage Charges (IUC) was to be scrapped by the end of 2019.

However they later clarified and pushed the deadline to scrap IUC charges to 31st December 2020.

Jio compensates the users for the 6p/min they pay as IUC charges gives 1GB data voucher for every ₹10 top-up.

Scrapping the IUC means most likely they will also stop giving these data vouchers (just like Vi/Airtel doesn’t charge for IUC nor they give data vouchers).

The IUC charges are scheduled to be scrapped in another week however there’s no official update by TRAI recently.


Also if the IUC charges get scrapped and Jio doesn’t give data vouchers then those of us who do top-up and recharge from main balance won’t be able to do this anymore and either we’ll get too less data or will have to shell out more money wink

What do you think will happen? 🤔🤔

Please share your views! smile

66 Comments  |  
27 Dimers
  • Sort By
7
17822
123

+1
yaa fir 1yr voice calling pack recharge krna chahiye + 200-300 gb data addon !!

100
8736
120
onlineuser7 wrote:

+1
yaa fir 1yr voice calling pack recharge krna chahiye + 200-300 gb data addon !!

The main problem will be that those of us who have WiFi at home and don’t need 1.5gb/day mobile data, we usually break and do top-ups and use main balance to do recharge + the data vouchers gives us a decent amount of data which is sufficient but if this stops then it’ll be a problem wink

For example now you can do 100 + 100 + 100 + 100 + 10 topup and get total of 41+6 = 47 GB of data for 84 days + calling for 84 days at just ₹410 but if this stops then either we will be stuck with ₹329 plan – 6 gb data for 84 days or have to pay ₹555 and get 1.5gb/day for 84 days.

There will be nothing in between

2
2254
10

am using 98rs jio pack with iuc data packs sunglasses

0
12802
135

Oh flushed
I totally forgot aisa b kuch tha confused

100
8736
120
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Oh flushed
I totally forgot aisa b kuch tha confused

That’s the problem. We have got so used to this we have forgotten this only joy

100
8922
86

Chalo idhar bhi modi le aate hein.. wink toungueout

224
67494
650

What about those who have 399 plan in queue.
This plan has iup hardcoded, so if these are scrapped, still these plans will charge it

92
11702
26
Moderator
ChanduCh wrote:

am using 98rs jio pack with iuc data packs sunglasses

how 98?

92
11702
26
Moderator
Expand
ChanduCh wrote:

now its 129 pack with 2gb data 28days validity

Yeah Ik that, But how are you still using it?
Did u buy in bulk before it was removed?

7
17822
123
Expand
R0417 wrote:

Yeah Ik that, But how are you still using it?
Did u buy in bulk before it was removed?

Correct

2
2254
10
Expand
R0417 wrote:

Yeah Ik that, But how are you still using it?
Did u buy in bulk before it was removed?

yes i redeemed with jio main balance

80
3178
72

Then if people dont get data vouchers nobody will use Jio..
Jio knows this thing and i hope even after IUC is removed , jio may continue giving 1gb data per 10rs recharge.. 😁

100
8736
120
hackerboys wrote:

Then if people dont get data vouchers nobody will use Jio..
Jio knows this thing and i hope even after IUC is removed , jio may continue giving 1gb data per 10rs recharge.. 😁

stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Exactly

The only reason for using Jio in my area is because of the data vouchers. Else Airtel/Vi takes ₹100 more and gives 30-40 mbps speed whereas Jio struggles to give 3-4 mbps
138
866
6
Expand
xuseronline wrote:

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/656750/medium/7254634PM-Modi-coy.jpg?1608886781

अगर मोदी सिर्फ 25 पैसे रॉयल्टी फीस लेने लग जाए उनका नाम लेने पर तो मुझे लगता है भारत की गरीबी पूरी तरह खत्म हो सकती है भारत सरकार को टैक्स लगाने की जरूरत नहीं पड़ेगी 25 पैसे का यहां विशेष संबंध है यह कांग्रेसियों की औकात की तरह है जिस प्रकार कांग्रेस ने 10 पैसे और 25 पैसे 2006 में बंद किए थे और मोदी ने 56 इंच दिखाते हुए 500 और 1000 के नोट बंद किए थे

105
5872
55
Expand
meragoyou153 wrote:

अगर मोदी सिर्फ 25 पैसे रॉयल्टी फीस लेने लग जाए उनका नाम लेने पर तो मुझे लगता है भारत की गरीबी पूरी तरह खत्म हो सकती है भारत सरकार को टैक्स लगाने की जरूरत नहीं पड़ेगी 25 पैसे का यहां विशेष संबंध है यह कांग्रेसियों की औकात की तरह है जिस प्रकार कांग्रेस ने 10 पैसे और 25 पैसे 2006 में बंद किए थे और मोदी ने 56 इंच दिखाते हुए 500 और 1000 के नोट बंद किए थे


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/656759/medium/Ep15NgdXcAMRoqp.jpg?1608894503

0
1430
4
Expand
Gaurav_G wrote:

The main problem will be that those of us who have WiFi at home and don’t need 1.5gb/day mobile data, we usually break and do top-ups and use main balance to do recharge + the data vouchers gives us a decent amount of data which is sufficient but if this stops then it’ll be a problem wink

For example now you can do 100 + 100 + 100 + 100 + 10 topup and get total of 41+6 = 47 GB of data for 84 days + calling for 84 days at just ₹410 but if this stops then either we will be stuck with ₹329 plan – 6 gb data for 84 days or have to pay ₹555 and get 1.5gb/day for 84 days.

There will be nothing in between

Maybe, FTT topups will come back. 🤔🤔

24
38867
591

Log karte kya hain itne data ka ?
Hamara to 500 mb mein bhi chal jata hai daily (+broadband to hai hi)

100
8736
120
androgame wrote:

Log karte kya hain itne data ka ?
Hamara to 500 mb mein bhi chal jata hai daily (+broadband to hai hi)

One of my friend says as he has paid for data he’ll not waste it so he downloads random files and stops/cancels them at 99%. This gives him peace of mind 🤣

I have many times tried to convince him to stop doing this but it doesn’t help sweat expressionless

0
1430
4
Expand
Gaurav_G wrote:

One of my friend says as he has paid for data he’ll not waste it so he downloads random files and stops/cancels them at 99%. This gives him a piece of mind 🤣

I have many times tried to convince him to stop doing this but it doesn’t help sweat expressionless

peace of mind! It should be.

10
3670
70
Expand
Gaurav_G wrote:
stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Exactly

The only reason for using Jio in my area is because of the data vouchers. Else Airtel/Vi takes ₹100 more and gives 30-40 mbps speed whereas Jio struggles to give 3-4 mbps

+1
Jio will fail if it stops giving 1GB for Rs10 topup
In metros/cities airtel provides best speed locally.Not sure if you’re travelling
I’m ok to give Rs100 extra for 84/365 day plans for better speeds

100
8736
120
Expand
DealLooter wrote:

+1
Jio will fail if it stops giving 1GB for Rs10 topup
In metros/cities airtel provides best speed locally.Not sure if you’re travelling
I’m ok to give Rs100 extra for 84/365 day plans for better speeds

Exactly

464
2816
7
avgn wrote:

What about those who have 399 plan in queue.
This plan has iup hardcoded, so if these are scrapped, still these plans will charge it

You are talking about 2months 1.5gb/day plan? If yes, then is there something special about it as all “ALL IN ONE” plans have IUC/ talktime minutes baked in ?!

224
67494
650
Expand
TestV wrote:

You are talking about 2months 1.5gb/day plan? If yes, then is there anything special about it as all “ALL IN ONE” plans have IUC/ talktime min. baked in !?

No, old 399 Rs plan
84 days 1.5gb per day. No IUC minutes built in

Many would have it in queue

464
2816
7
Expand
avgn wrote:

No, old 399 Rs plan
84 days 1.5gb per day. No IUC minutes built in

Many would have it in queue

Oh, gotcha plus1. IMO, if IUC charges are revoked, any deductions will stop happening from the main balance. “Problem  or loss” (however you wanna put it) should be with new AIO plans as they include the talktime minutes; but then I guess simple way would be they vanishing those limits and giving unlimited calls to everyone.

Missing