Will IUC get scrapped by the end of 2020?
Poll has expired, here are the final results
Hot Deal

TRAI to end IUC charges on 31st December 2020?

756°
Shopping Friend
Gaurav_G

The Telecom Regulatority Authority of India (TRAI) had proposed that the Interconnection Usage Charges (IUC) was to be scrapped by the end of 2019.

However they later clarified and pushed the deadline to scrap IUC charges to 31st December 2020.

Jio compensates the users for the 6p/min they pay as IUC charges gives 1GB data voucher for every ₹10 top-up.

Scrapping the IUC means most likely they will also stop giving these data vouchers (just like Vi/Airtel doesn’t charge for IUC nor they give data vouchers).

The IUC charges are scheduled to be scrapped in another week however there’s no official update by TRAI recently.

Also if the IUC charges get scrapped and Jio doesn’t give data vouchers then those of us who do top-up and recharge from main balance won’t be able to do this anymore and either we’ll get too less data or will have to shell out more money wink

What do you think will happen? 🤔🤔

Please share your views! smile

66 Comments  |  
27 Dimers
  • Sort By
Firestorm Firestorm
Link Copied

+1
yaa fir 1yr voice calling pack recharge krna chahiye + 200-300 gb data addon !!

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

The main problem will be that those of us who have WiFi at home and don’t need 1.5gb/day mobile data, we usually break and do top-ups and use main balance to do recharge + the data vouchers gives us a decent amount of data which is sufficient but if this stops then it’ll be a problem wink

For example now you can do 100 + 100 + 100 + 100 + 10 topup and get total of 41+6 = 47 GB of data for 84 days + calling for 84 days at just ₹410 but if this stops then either we will be stuck with ₹329 plan – 6 gb data for 84 days or have to pay ₹555 and get 1.5gb/day for 84 days.

There will be nothing in between

View 2 more replies
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

am using 98rs jio pack with iuc data packs sunglasses

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

how 98?

View 6 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Oh flushed
I totally forgot aisa b kuch tha confused

Link Copied

That’s the problem. We have got so used to this we have forgotten this only joy

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Chalo idhar bhi modi le aate hein.. wink toungueout

Generous Generous
Link Copied

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/656750/medium/7254634PM-Modi-coy.jpg?1608886781

View 4 more replies
Generous Generous
Link Copied

What about those who have 399 plan in queue.
This plan has iup hardcoded, so if these are scrapped, still these plans will charge it

Flame Flame
Link Copied

You are talking about 2months 1.5gb/day plan? If yes, then is there something special about it as all “ALL IN ONE” plans have IUC/ talktime minutes baked in ?!

View 2 more replies
Firestorm Firestorm
Link Copied

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Then if people dont get data vouchers nobody will use Jio..
Jio knows this thing and i hope even after IUC is removed , jio may continue giving 1gb data per 10rs recharge.. 😁

Link Copied
stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Exactly

The only reason for using Jio in my area is because of the data vouchers. Else Airtel/Vi takes ₹100 more and gives 30-40 mbps speed whereas Jio struggles to give 3-4 mbps
View 2 more replies
Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied

Log karte kya hain itne data ka ?
Hamara to 500 mb mein bhi chal jata hai daily (+broadband to hai hi)

Link Copied

One of my friend says as he has paid for data he’ll not waste it so he downloads random files and stops/cancels them at 99%. This gives him peace of mind 🤣

I have many times tried to convince him to stop doing this but it doesn’t help sweat expressionless

View 2 more replies
Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied

Ek simple situation ho skti h!
Most likely!
They will again delay the scarpping of IUC Charges.

If Not!
Vodafone will be first to hike plan rates.

Its just what I think.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

To hell with these different and confusing terminologies and just scrape the incoming call charges, or just make it bare minimum. Enforcing users to opt for 49 rupees per month is downright preposterous.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Scraping IUC will stop mandatory monthly recharge ??

Link Copied

No it won’t wink

View 1 more reply
Link Copied

As per other telecom websites it’ll be scrapped as the due date is the end of 2020 and there is no official confirmation from TRAI about postponement wink

Finance Ninja Finance Ninja
Link Copied

Flying ईंट coming https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/656905/medium/EqKnq77VoAIyepX.jpg?1609004698

View 5 more replies
Link Copied

I still have 3 old 448 plan (2gb/day + unlimited calls) in queue smile smile

& I Hardly use 150-175 minutes per month stuck_out_tongue

Link Copied

Same I have the 399 one lol

But I use Vi Jio is very bad here wink

View 7 more replies
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Using jio mainly bz it’s bit less and we get data vouchers…if they stop… I’ll port to VI or Airtel…. atleast if few jump to Vi…this dual poly will change

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Gas rate hike… Electricity bill hike…. Now dis

Link Copied

What is this 4999 plan in Jio … I think this is the end point of where now it’s travelling from2400https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/657017/medium/IMG_20201227_210207.jpg?1609083702

Link Copied

Exactly. Does this plan make sense? joy

View 1 more reply
Link Copied

It’s official it’s ending today

View 4 more replies
Link Copied

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/657672/medium/IMG_20201231_134013.jpg?1609402243

replyuser
Click here to reply