Hot Deal

Unable to login to Amazon account

420°
Deal's Advocate
sujith8786

Hi,
I logged in to my Amazon account yesterday (23 April 2021) and paid my credit card bill through it..

Later in the noon..I wanted to use Amazon magicpin offer..
So I tried logging in to magicpin that’s on another device..

My password and captcha was verified but the verification link didn’t come to SMS (email not registered)..

Tried multiple times but failed..
So tried logging in to old device again..but couldn’t..
Verification link is not at all coming..

Tried in the evening also..
Tried password reset..but OTP is not coming..
Tried calling 18003001593 but the number is not working..
Any solution for this?
PS:I only use the account for my recharge and bill payments.. no other orders..
I have 300 pay balance in the account..

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/761854/medium/IMG_20220424_114705_989.jpg?1650781252

Edit: this is my secondary account

Expired
Top Comments
75 Comments  |  
17 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied
androgame wrote:

Facing account lock issue

The phone customer care is unable to help without email id (i havent added any email in the account) 

U could connect with to them atleast..
The number given is always out of service for me .

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
androgame wrote:

Facing account lock issue

The phone customer care is unable to help without email id (i havent added any email in the account) 

not receiving otp paji?

+ @getready

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

not receiving otp paji?

+ @getready

I think this is different. Amazon sometimes locks accounts for suspicious activity and contacts users via email and ask them to submit some information (bank/cc statements) to get the account back

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

I think this is different. Amazon sometimes locks accounts for suspicious activity and contacts users via email and ask them to submit some information (bank/cc statements) to get the account back

Yeah,  but no email added so no way to followup wink 


Strange issue 

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

All otps coming bro, showing error while logging in after entering otp 

what exactly is error? tell telephone customer support to send link and share them that screenshot.

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

what exactly is error? tell telephone customer support to send link and share them that screenshot.

“Your account is temporarily locked as we have detected some unusual activity”


The person on phone understood the issue but he was like, “Sir, the form doesn’t let me proceed without entering essential details like email, name, address” 


I think he is right, seen many people facing this issue with accounts that are not linked with email, they vanish just like that. 

Vanguard Vanguard
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

“Your account is temporarily locked as we have detected some unusual activity”


The person on phone understood the issue but he was like, “Sir, the form doesn’t let me proceed without entering essential details like email, name, address” 


I think he is right, seen many people facing this issue with accounts that are not linked with email, they vanish just like that. 

amzn gv 2000 on 500 cb ac?

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
Paris_AI wrote:
amzn gv 2000 on 500 cb ac?

nope, no significant transactions were there

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
androgame wrote:

Facing account lock issue

The phone customer care is unable to help without email id (i havent added any email in the account) 

If temporary lockout, then reach out to amazon.in/passwordreset (use spare or friend’s account if needed).

This is the ‘login and security’ team (previously the ‘account’ escalation team).

Tell them some suspicious activity on my account led to me reporting it to you all and one of you put it under a temporary freeze.

But right now I urgently need to order something for my parents back in village or some such urgency.

🌐

They (account escalation) team usually only get access if the system can detect the call is from/to RMN, so connect via registered number or request them to call you on your RMN.

🌐

But first, are you sure it is not an (telecom) operator issue with link/OTP (not received on number)?

🌐

Account Team need to verify at-least 3 answers (out of the many set of questions that they have.

So have them ready)

● Tentative date of account opening.

● Last 4 digits of any payment method card, if any were saved.

● Last order (most recent order).

● If subscribed to anything (like Kindle Unlimited etcetera)

● Payment method on last order.

● Total.(tentative).Amazon Pay balance, if any.

● Whether Prime account (yes or no)

● The phone number of your ex, if the person is single and ready to mingle.

● Apart from these the usual account verification details like RMN, Name on the Account, Exact default address on account.

🌐

And then if you want, you can also have them send you a verify link on some e-mail address or you yourselves can/should add it.

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied
Issue Resolved Now ..

Was able to login to the same account yesterday.. Recieved login OTP and also verification link from Amazon after login..

Logged in casually after 3 months.. and successful..

The first thing I did after login was to add an email id to the account..to be safe joy

Thanks to everyone who guided me in all possible ways.. pray 
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
sujith8786 wrote:
Issue Resolved Now ..

Was able to login to the same account yesterday.. Recieved login OTP and also verification link from Amazon after login..

Logged in casually after 3 months.. and successful..

The first thing I did after login was to add an email id to the account..to be safe joy

Thanks to everyone who guided me in all possible ways.. pray 

Sad, that savvy people do not know this ... that the '(erstwhile) accounts escalation team' and now the ganga-jamuna 'accounts team'... adds an e-mail address after (taking) some on-call verification details.

.

Like if the RMN (registered mobile number) is still with the user...

One can literally arrange a callback on that number from the 'account escalation' team (via https://amazon.in/passwordreset ) .

They usually do need to call on the registered mobile number (and very very rare 'exceptions' are created in tge syatem, if the system allows) to verify the call/ take policy actions on account... without verifying RMN.

.

But with RMN... they would have sent an otp email to any email address you gave... after barely a 5-6 minutes verification.

.

The system just needs at-least 3 correct answers from a set of multiple questions.

If on call, the accounts team verifies the caller to be authentic owner of the account.

They add the e-mail address that the said caller dictates.

Then the agents ask the customer to (usually on call itself) check the link/ OTP in the e-mail and confirm it to the agent.

.
.

The usual verification questions from the so called accounts 'skill' agents ( https://amazon.in/passwordreset ) usually are like》

▪ Approximate date when the account was created.

▪ Payment method on the most recent merchsndise order.

▪ When was most recent order placed.

▪ What was the order of / Amount of the order.

▪ do you have any subscriptions (Kindle, Prime Videos, other stuff)?

▪ Approximate Amazon pay balance, if any.

▪ If any paymwnt methods are saved.. then a question about that

(Like last four digits of the card or bank account numbers' last four digits)

▪ Maybe if any Alexa enabled device is attached in the account then something about it.

.

.

So when you faced the lockout/ no otp received.

Had you simply sought anyone else's help to get a callback, or contacted Amazon from your main account.

Or simply called up 180030009009/ 180030009027 / +912230430101 

Then the correct team and a sensible agent could have even replaced the number (if reported stolen or no longer in possesion)... and would very very VERY easily added an e-mail.

.

Do not trust me?

.

Just go to  https://amazon.ae (or dot com)》sign in 》 Your Account 》 login and security 》 delete mobile number.

.

Then re-use the number to create a new account (or use some other number) to create an account.

Then call amazon and report issues like no otp receiving.

Please add an email on my account, so that I can access my account.

.

They will (after first trying to forcefully help with mobile otp issue) readily add an email address on your account.

(Yes the agent might ask for you to give them the otp received on emsil or link on email needs to be clicked on call itself. It is safe to do so. It is as per Amazon SOPs to ask the customer for such OTP)

.

The agent themselves will ask you to immediately change the password too.

Or the link sent itself will force it.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
getready wrote:

Account got blocked? (Remember wrong password error + failing to reset password when amazon blocked mine). You made a mistake by using the account without registering Email-ID (Usually people receive an email when this happens - The only way to reach out)

The CSD (and perhaps even ECR) won't be able to authenticate or even bypass enter the account or fetch order detsils or other data... if an account is deleted by Cx or blocked  by their TRMS.

So the easiest way to cross check... 8s to call the CSD and ask them to help.

If they cannot enter the account, they will tell.

If they authenticate an account, then it means that the account is NOT fully blocked.

.

.

For issues like mobile lost/ SIM lost/ SIM damaged/ no otp coming 》 the (erstwhile original) 'account escalation' agent... now basically ANY agent taking the call under (login and security/ aka accounts 'skill')  can add the e-mail address on the account in 5-6 minutes.

(Obviously one needs to share the OTP received on email or maybe it is just a password reset link on email)

.

The whole things preferably needs to be done while on live call with them.

.

The usual agents can be requested  the 'contact' to the team... or one can directly contact that team by arranging a call back from the https://amazon.in/passwordreset password reset link.

I think (though too groggy to cross check at this hour) the same link with dot com... instead of dot in.... too works (for NorthAm/ N.A. customers).
.

 If this post https://www.desidime.com/discussions/unable-to-login-to-amazon-account?page=3#post_8627453 is live in its entirety,

then some of the cross verification questiomsvwhich the 'accounts' escalation/ now depreciated 'login/ security' team asks... are listed in that comment (to which the link redirects).

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:
That CC bill payment could've triggered the account flagging/suspension. Try this toll-free number 1800 3000 9009 (This is how i got to know why my account got blocked - In my case, there was no email)

180030009027 and 180030001571 directly connect to human, with least amounts of IVR inputs needed.

Doesn't matter what 'skill' the agent is taking the call under.

If they cannot directly help... they can transfer to the right 'skill'.

.

.

.

Point two》

Amazon primarily recognisss the message center.

So yes, if sny notice policy warning emsil came... and one reaches the CSD...

Then even for a mibile only account.... they can scan their tool/interface (CIM/ Customer Issue Manager) and see the e-mails received.

.

.

About the 'skill' thing.

Came to know by fluke.

.

Had an ongoing follow-up with a friendly (escalations) agent.

.

Luckily on the day that the agent was supposed to contact me back...

...for some reason I contacted via  https://amazon.in/passwordreset and it connected to that same associate (Jayjit H).

I was like . arey ডাডা... we can also clear up that issue.

(Even on official recorded calls he would tell of his own life and son having gone for NDA preparations... hence I called him dada. Although he left Bengal ages back)

.

Anyway the thing Jayjit ji told was that... while taking calls under this (accounts) skill... they system would restrict access to other 'skills'.

As in, not give full control to do everything.

I cheekily asked if no bypass or jugaad would work.

And like an elder brother he coached me as to how... even if possible or done... would be 'invalid'.

Amazon... atleast 4-5 years back... had the concept of 'valid' and 'invalid' actions.

If agents did 'invalid' actions or  'invalid' resolution... then if noticed by superiors... the coud get a CCR (some sort of a coaching feedback.. and that reflects poorly on the performance).

.

So obvioysly I let him end the call without much other issues to be solved.

.

If an irritated agent, marks the 'concession' (token of apology GC) too as an 'invalid' one. (Given due to constant pestering or duress of the customer)

...then such 'invalid' concessions are flagged agsinst the Cx too.

Valid 'concessions' still get excused.

Like if they replace even a 50000-60000 Fridge/TV after believing and noting the item as damaged prior to delivery.

Then that replacement/ refund is not an invalid concession.

Even though it IS a concession.

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied
Expand
hectic wrote:

Sad, that savvy people do not know this ... that the '(erstwhile) accounts escalation team' and now the ganga-jamuna 'accounts team'... adds an e-mail address after (taking) some on-call verification details.

.

Like if the RMN (registered mobile number) is still with the user...

One can literally arrange a callback on that number from the 'account escalation' team (via https://amazon.in/passwordreset ) .

They usually do need to call on the registered mobile number (and very very rare 'exceptions' are created in tge syatem, if the system allows) to verify the call/ take policy actions on account... without verifying RMN.

.

But with RMN... they would have sent an otp email to any email address you gave... after barely a 5-6 minutes verification.

.

The system just needs at-least 3 correct answers from a set of multiple questions.

If on call, the accounts team verifies the caller to be authentic owner of the account.

They add the e-mail address that the said caller dictates.

Then the agents ask the customer to (usually on call itself) check the link/ OTP in the e-mail and confirm it to the agent.

.
.

The usual verification questions from the so called accounts 'skill' agents ( https://amazon.in/passwordreset ) usually are like》

▪ Approximate date when the account was created.

▪ Payment method on the most recent merchsndise order.

▪ When was most recent order placed.

▪ What was the order of / Amount of the order.

▪ do you have any subscriptions (Kindle, Prime Videos, other stuff)?

▪ Approximate Amazon pay balance, if any.

▪ If any paymwnt methods are saved.. then a question about that

(Like last four digits of the card or bank account numbers' last four digits)

▪ Maybe if any Alexa enabled device is attached in the account then something about it.

.

.

So when you faced the lockout/ no otp received.

Had you simply sought anyone else's help to get a callback, or contacted Amazon from your main account.

Or simply called up 180030009009/ 180030009027 / +912230430101 

Then the correct team and a sensible agent could have even replaced the number (if reported stolen or no longer in possesion)... and would very very VERY easily added an e-mail.

.

Do not trust me?

.

Just go to  https://amazon.ae (or dot com)》sign in 》 Your Account 》 login and security 》 delete mobile number.

.

Then re-use the number to create a new account (or use some other number) to create an account.

Then call amazon and report issues like no otp receiving.

Please add an email on my account, so that I can access my account.

.

They will (after first trying to forcefully help with mobile otp issue) readily add an email address on your account.

(Yes the agent might ask for you to give them the otp received on emsil or link on email needs to be clicked on call itself. It is safe to do so. It is as per Amazon SOPs to ask the customer for such OTP)

.

The agent themselves will ask you to immediately change the password too.

Or the link sent itself will force it.

That's a lot of good info bro.. thanks and kg+
replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply