UPI release a circular for online real time UPI Dispute Complaint handling & resolution process (Go Live by January 2021)

181°
Deal Captain
605
13404
170

UPI release a circular for online real time UPI Dispute Complaint handling & resolution process (Go Live by January 2021):

Subject: UDIR — Enhancinq Complaint handling & resolution process for UPI transactions

we refer to the RBI circular RBI/2020-21/21 DPSS.CO.PD No-116/02.12.004,’2020-21 on Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) System for Digital Payments dated 6th August, 2020, whereby it has PSO & PSPs i.e. and non-banks & TPAPs to implement online dispute resolution for handling and resolving customer complaints. The Dispute & Issue Resolution (UDIR) approach was discussed in the UPI Steering Committee meeting held on 2nd July, 2020 and was endorsed by SC for implementation by members.

2. Key enablements

Following are the key propositions, which participants to enable for facilitating online dispute resolution of customer complaints for UPI transactions:

A. Payer App

1. To enable raising of cornptaint/dispute from UPI App.
2. TO display Status of transaction and disputes, as and when updated at URCS.
3. To adhere to the guideliness

B. Payer PSP

1. To enable TPAP with API’s for enabling UDIR.
2. To ensure adherence to velocity checks for API usage.

C. Remitter/Beneficiary Bank

To ensure necessary changes are done at switch and CBS end for supporting API’s for online status check and to take appropriate action on pending transactions viz. DRC (debit reversal timeout) or Deemed (credit timeout) transactions, as the case may be.

To make necessary changes in reconciliation and complaints handling for facilitating UDIR process.

Member bank’s CRM or any other system can also connect to UPI for raising and resolving complaints using the same APIs.

3. Changes in existing dispute management process

Auto-conversion of open complaints, if any, into chargeback after T+1 and T+3 days (parameterized) for P2P & P2M respectively, (where T = transaction date).

The list of API’s and other points are given in Annexure A – https://www.npci.org.in/PDF/npci/upi/circular/2...

Members and TPAPs are requested to start the development and do the required changes at their end for commencing certification (Bank — Remitter / Beneficary, PSP — Payer I Payee and APP testing) with NPCI at the earliest, to ensure go live by January 1st, 2021.

Members can refer the documents listed below (Reference documents) for implementation. All members should have it implemented it in their DR setup too for giving seamless services to the end customers.

More details visit here - https://www.npci.org.in/PDF/npci/upi/circular/2...

14 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
  • Sort By
92
11528
26
Moderator

🎉Awesome, much needed system to be incorporated by NPCI

301
7957
182

Is this operational? Need to recover Rs 420 that was shown as failed in Amazon app but acc. to SBI it was successfully transferred. Happened back in June 2020.

605
13404
170
LIMBO wrote:

Is this operational? Need to recover Rs 420 that was shown as failed in Amazon app but acc. to SBI it was successfully transferred. Happened back in June 2020.

live on few UPI apps.

go to UPI app help section and check.

2,110
10083
87
Moderator
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

live on few UPI apps.

go to UPI app help section and check.

Bank UPI or third party ones?

605
13404
170
Expand
deb3l wrote:

Bank UPI or third party ones?

I think bank UPI.

Third party UPI coming soon.

Mere ko failed he nhi hote ha UPI aur na kabhi fashte ha. isiliye khud dekhlo. smile

301
7957
182
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

I think bank UPI.

Third party UPI coming soon.

Mere ko failed he nhi hote ha UPI aur na kabhi fashte ha. isiliye khud dekhlo. smile

As expected it only lists transactions done via SBI Pay app itself. Of no use for those done via third-party apps. Considering that the overwhelming volume of UPI transactions are done via third-party apps the latter should have had this feature by now.

158
2909
9
Expand
deb3l wrote:

Bank UPI or third party ones?

I think it live in gpay.

Bellow transactions click on help and next select fraud or scam option.

Not clicked that button so far so after process don’t know. 😂

706
5755
60
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

I think bank UPI.

Third party UPI coming soon.

Mere ko failed he nhi hote ha UPI aur na kabhi fashte ha. isiliye khud dekhlo. smile

Bhai you are VIP customer of upi, don’t compare yourself to others. Your’s upi user IDs are probably tagged with a special status code for access priority processing in NPCI system. smile

605
13404
170
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Bhai you are VIP customer of upi, don’t compare yourself to others. Your’s upi user IDs are probably tagged with a special status code for access priority processing in NPCI system. smile

kuch bhi confused

706
5755
60
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

kuch bhi confused

Why bhai, you never know if you were selected in a group of “benchmark candidates” for judging the efficiency of NPCI system(it happens in other fields where they select a group of customers as focus/control group to judge the efficiency of some system/feature). smile

605
13404
170
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Why bhai, you never know if you were selected in a group of “benchmark candidates” for judging the efficiency of NPCI system(it happens in other fields where they select a group of customers as focus/control group to judge the efficiency of some system/feature). smile

LOL, NPCI don’t know who am i.

I use more than 100 names across the Internet to promote RuPay/UPI and other Indian products.

Sometimes i used this fake names to advice big Indian multinational companies CEO like TCS, Kotak etc. What they need to do to expand their business.

Till now nobody knows my real name. So, without my real identity. It’s impossbile. smile

706
5755
60
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

LOL, NPCI don’t know who am i.

I use more than 100 names across the Internet to promote RuPay/UPI and other Indian products.

Sometimes i used this fake names to advice big Indian multinational companies CEO like TCS, Kotak etc. What they need to do to expand their business.

Till now nobody knows my real name. So, without my real identity. It’s impossbile. smile

Bhai how can you hide your real info from banks/npci unless you also have dozens of PAN too which is also not possible anymore after mandatorily linkage of aadhaar & pan. smile

605
13404
170
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Bhai how can you hide your real info from banks/npci unless you also have dozens of PAN too which is also not possible anymore after mandatorily linkage of aadhaar & pan. smile

The banks know my actual info, but they do not know that i m the one who promotes RuPay/UPI on the Internet. smile stuck_out_tongue

706
5755
60
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

The banks know my actual info, but they do not know that i m the one who promotes RuPay/UPI on the Internet. smile stuck_out_tongue

Maybe they selected you because of high number of rupay cards you hold or the total amount/no. of transactions you do using upi/rupay cards(I am sure you are among the top 10 users here in such terms because most pro users here prefer visa/mastercard credit cards). smile

Missing