Hot Deal

upstox charges

787°
The Alpha
anshu

I had opened upstox account for IPO purposes only for my family members..however upstox is charging Rs 29.50 every month as MMC charges (Monthly Maintenance charges). On contacting them , they told me this MMC charges (Monthly Maintenance charges) are applicable for the demat account ..Is it true ? How to avoid this charges ?

64 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
  • Sort By
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Following this Thread since i too have the same purpose.
@BubbleBoyChickenLittle

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Basic Services Demat Account allows us to get a free demat account. If Upstox charges you on monthly basis, then close the account and go with Zerodha/SAS Online/ Angel Broking etc

View 3 more replies
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Every broker charges the maintenance amount. It should be nil if there are no transactions but if you transact once and then keep it dormant, they will still keep on charging you.

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

If you opt for Bsda, then there ll be nil charges.

View 44 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

i think its only charged momthly if do any trxn in dat month

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Recently I converted my Upstox normal demat to BSDA.
Mail them/raise a ticket, they’ll send a BSDA declaration form. Fill that up and courier it to their Mumbai Office.
They’ll set your BSDA flag to Y within 2 weeks after recieving.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

@bikidas2060 @BubbleBoyChickenLittle
An offtopic question, whosoever invests in the market, share market or mutual funds, he or she receives a consolidated account statement from speed post which I think is sent by cdsl afaik. Say the broker or the mutual fund app (kuvera, groww etc.) is registerd with nsdl then will the same be send by cdsl only?

In my area the same letter is received very late if its received in the first place. Is there a way to tell the concerned to stop sending the hard copy as it contains personal info? Can the same be routed through an email?

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

You can unsubscribe physical copy delivery subscription service. Yes, you can get, and most of us get the email copies.

View 5 more replies
Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

AVOID Upstox at all costs.

When I opened account their cc promised that first year is free. Now they have started charging and cc inspite of showing proofs that while opening the cc told me 1st year is free is completely ignoring me.

I have been chasing then since March to close my account but they are not processing it and charging MMC.

I wrote to their compliance e-mail and grievance email however shockingly their compliance – grievance – customer service team all are the same and aren’t different.

Finally they after started processing my account closure (had to courier them hard copy and send scanned copy of account closure form). Let’s see it’s been more than 10 days already.

Surely the worst cc I’ve ever seen

View 1 more reply
replyuser
Click here to reply