(Solved) Full amount deducted for Google Play subscription instead of free trial.

67°
Pro Tech Guru
301
7477
181

Rs 7k was deducted. I cancelled the subscription but there’s no option for refund. Nord VPN. I had got a free trial earlier which I couldn’t use. Even today it clearly showed I wouldn’t be charged for 7 days. No option for requesting refund.

11 Comments  |  
4 Dimers
  • Sort By
203
2469
135

drop them mail, they may refund
similar thing happened with me for expressvpn

301
7477
181
Majestic wrote:

drop them mail, they may refund
similar thing happened with me for expressvpn

I just got off the phone with them. The CC rep. told that the refund has been approved and will be processed in a few days. Is that enough?

301
7477
181

In Play Store against Nord Vpn under Purchase History it now shows "Cancelled ". And in Nord VPN subscription status as “Inactive”. So all good, right?

100
1914
15

What is this subscription all about btw?

674
5288
57

Just take windscribe vpn build your own plan which gives unlimited data & any 1 country of your choice(I suggest USA or Canada) for $2 per month(~Rs.140/month) with monthly billing(no annual fee/subscription needed).

301
7477
181
guest_999 wrote:

Just take windscribe vpn build your own plan which gives unlimited data & any 1 country of your choice(I suggest USA or Canada) for $2 per month(~Rs.140/month) with monthly billing(no annual fee/subscription needed).

Yes that’s a very good plan. But even before the public hotspot I use started throttling VPN traffic, Windscribe was the slowest(1-2Mbps on a 30Mbps connection ) of the bunch. Only Setup VPN delivered full speeds. Hence I was trying out various VPNs. As it is UL speeds are still unthrottled. Only Mega downloads are at full speeds and that too starts declining in less than a minute.

674
5288
57
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

Yes that’s a very good plan. But even before the public hotspot I use started throttling VPN traffic, Windscribe was the slowest(1-2Mbps on a 30Mbps connection ) of the bunch. Only Setup VPN delivered full speeds. Hence I was trying out various VPNs. As it is UL speeds are still unthrottled. Only Mega downloads are at full speeds and that too starts declining in less than a minute.

When was this,there should be some improvements if it was too long ago & also some comments suggests that paid plans have overall better speeds then free ones. You can try as it costs only 140 a month to see if it work fine now.

301
7477
181
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

When was this,there should be some improvements if it was too long ago & also some comments suggests that paid plans have overall better speeds then free ones. You can try as it costs only 140 a month to see if it work fine now.

As soon as my current issue is resolved satisfactorily I will give that a try. I have been using the public Wifi for nearly a year. And pretty much from the beginning it was the same situation. I had the 50GB/m free trial. Thought of using it to bypass Mega daily limits for free accounts but in WS, Mega downloads won’t even start most of the time. The same for a few other VPNs I had tried. Thereafter Mega for some reason became very generous so it had been a good 7-8 months. In late November the throttling started. Even Speedtest and Netflix are only 2Mbps. No VPN works. I am gonna try with TCP mode or IKEV2 etc to see if it makes any difference.

674
5288
57

Mega always does this type of thing where speed is good for few months & then it becomes bad. As for vpn speeds,always try with a trial plan/1 month paid plan first as many times there is a large difference between performance of free & paid vpn plans even from same provider.

301
7477
181

Got the refund. Phew!

Missing