Want to buy Samsung Frame TV. Need suggestions

116°
Deal Cadet
23
913
22

I am planning to buy frame tv (no cost emi). currently 2019 model is available for 79,000-80,000 on flipkart. Shall I wait for the 2020 model? If the price difference is more than 10-12,000, would it be worth? Need inputs. Thanks

15 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
504
30146
328

2020 variant (55") has been launched for 1500$ in US (1.1 Lakh)..and once it was sold for 1300$ (~1L)
So..expect the same to be priced @ 1.2-1.4L (Substantial price difference)
Even the 2019 55" Frame TV was launched @ 1.2L but was sold for a special price starting from BBD (God knows..when/if there will be a BBD this year..even if there is one its at least 3 months away)

Edit: 2020 Frame TV has Dual LED backlighting technology & Ambient+ Mode

23
913
22
getready wrote:

2020 variant (55") has been launched for 1500$ in US (1.1 Lakh)..and once it was sold for 1300$ (~1L)
So..expect the same to be priced @ 1.2-1.4L (Substantial price difference)
Even the 2019 55" Frame TV was launched @ 1.2L but was sold for a special price starting from BBD (God knows..when/if there will be a BBD this year..even if there is one its at least 3 months away)

Ok. There are several articles that say it was supposed to be launched in 3rd week of May. I went to reliance digital and 2019 model was OOS. They said it is supposed to come before end of June. No idea about pricing and all. Croma doesn’t sell.

23
913
22

Is there any major upgrade worth the price and wait for 2020 model?

504
30146
328
Expand
akki4554 wrote:

Ok. There are several articles that say it was supposed to be launched in 3rd week of May. I went to reliance digital and 2019 model was OOS. They said it is supposed to come before end of June. No idea about pricing and all. Croma doesn’t sell.

They might’ve delayed the launch due to corona..might happen v.soon as other brands started launching new TV models ( + Online Sales too )

CC: Any suggestions?
@sobirvs @myliferockkss @lekhwani

203
2334
60

The difference will definitely not be just 10-12000. No one would buy the older model then. Not even the existing stock at that time. Difference would be big. So you can go for the one that your budget allows. You can wait for the new model to know the price, as well as further price reduction in the older model.

23
913
22

i am a bit skeptical at the moment that flipkart might be selling refurb units as the general availability is almost 0 in market and Samsung definitely has stopped production of 2019 models few months back.

12
927
33

I am planning to buy 65" Samsung The Frame Tv 2020 Model @ BBD

Any suggestions?

is it a good choice or not worth the value?

51
161
2
avijeet wrote:

I am planning to buy 65" Samsung The Frame Tv 2020 Model @ BBD

Any suggestions?

is it a good choice or not worth the value?

For living rooms definitely worth for design alone.
For better picture quality I think 55inch lg c9 should be your choice. Oled is just way better looking for dark scenes.

12
927
33
Expand
a.kabeer31837 wrote:

For living rooms definitely worth for design alone.
For better picture quality I think 55inch lg c9 should be your choice. Oled is just way better looking for dark scenes.

LG C9 is 2019 model … CX is 2020 …
But too expensive …

62
1257
4
Expand
getready wrote:

FK’s own affiliate
https://affiliate.flipkar...m/

Note: There are many cases FK denied CB suspecting self-orders

So, I make an affiliate account>> generate a link>> send that link to myself>> shop using that link from another account. Is this how this works? And do they provide cash for every sale?

Missing