What are some good online accounts for international transactions

180°
Missing
Deal Newbie
50
25
1

I’m looking for ways to pay through Paypal globally or to buy from aliexpress, as my current Rupay classic debit card doesn’t work. In this area.
I’ve found 2 accounts i.e
Kotak 811
Digibank by DBS
Anyone used this account for paying internationally like Netflix or paypal in USD, EUR etc. How much they charge for each conversion or transaction do they charge GST etc.

I’m also thinking to apply for a VISA card in my bank. Which would be more efficient?
Are there any other ways?

40 Comments  |  
16 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
140
277
4

axis asap

Missing
Deal Newbie
51
44
1

GoNiyo
I think it has 0% foreign currency mark up fee.

Missing
Shopping Friend
561
9724
142

apply for RuPay International card.

PayPal & Aliexpress both are supported RuPay International card

check Discover card, Diners club card or JCB card logo on International websites.

anyways one card is enough, Kotak 811.

Kotak 811, i think 3% to 4% charge.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
25
1
khozem1 wrote:

GoNiyo
I think it has 0% foreign currency mark up fee.

They are marketing it as a travel card, are you sure it will good for just website use?
And is there any way to use it without the app in desktop mode?
are any other forex cards as well?

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
25
1
Novizio wrote:

axis asap

I’m hearing about it first time. want to know more about it

Missing
Entertainer
42
2454
30

Kala dhan🥺
No need for international account.
Get any VISA MASTERCARD RUPAY card with international transactions enabled.
All carry service tax/gst/conversion charges.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
25
1
abhishek012 wrote:

apply for RuPay International card.

PayPal & Aliexpress both are supported RuPay International card

check Discover card, Diners club card or JCB card logo on International websites.

Thanks, I think they only allow it for Rupay platinum and Select cards, correct me if I’m wrong. My bank can only give Rupay qsparc card will it work with PayPal international?

The Kotak 811 will charge 3% for only exchange or for the whole transaction?

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
25
1

ok, will forex cards will be cheaper and easy to get?

Missing
Critic
350
2484
38
Expand
just_for_mann wrote:

Thanks, I think they only allow it for Rupay platinum and Select cards, correct me if I’m wrong. My bank can only give Rupay qsparc card will it work with PayPal international?

The Kotak 811 will charge 3% for only exchange or for the whole transaction?

Check any bank debit card charges list(well most of them, below line is from kotak 811) & you will find this line(its presence also means debit card can be used for international online transactions, you won’t find this line for any usual rupay/debit card):

The Bank will charge cross-currency mark-up of 3.5% on foreign currency transactions carried out on Debit Cards. The exchange rate used will be the VISA / Master Card wholesale exchange rate prevailing at the time of transaction.

Missing
Shopping Friend
561
9724
142
Expand
just_for_mann wrote:

Thanks, I think they only allow it for Rupay platinum and Select cards, correct me if I’m wrong. My bank can only give Rupay qsparc card will it work with PayPal international?

The Kotak 811 will charge 3% for only exchange or for the whole transaction?

RuPay Qsparc card is a Contactless card.

Qsparc is a code-name like Visa PayWave or MasterCard PayPass.

ya, mostly RuPay Platinum and RuPay Select cards are International cards but very few banks now also issue RuPay classic International card.

if you see Discover/Diners club/pulse logo on back side then your RuPay card is International card or RuPay-JCB card user get JCB logo on card front side.

For example -

Axis bank RuPay card logo Front side -

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/633442/medium/68857657P3Nyj4.jpg?1598458633

Axis bank RuPay card, back side Discover/Diners club/pulse logo -

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/633443/medium/6885765ht7h0tY.jpg?1598458637

Axis bank RuPay-JCB card, “RuPay” & “JCB” both logo on front side -

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/633444/medium/6885765AAHqZex.jpg?1598458640

Kotak 811 bank will charge cross-currency mark-up of 3.5% on foreign currency transactions carried out on Debit Cards. The exchange rate applicable will be the VISA/Master Card wholesale exchange rate prevailing at the time of transaction.

Missing
Deal Subedar
50
1015
11

Idfc Niyo.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
25
1
Kal_El wrote:

Idfc Niyo.

Yes i’m leaning forward to it.

Missing
Deal Newbie
51
44
1
Expand
just_for_mann wrote:

They are marketing it as a travel card, are you sure it will good for just website use?
And is there any way to use it without the app in desktop mode?
are any other forex cards as well?

I have applied it for the card recently. They told me that it can be used for any website transactions. I will get it by this week. Will let you know.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
25
1
Expand
khozem1 wrote:

I have applied it for the card recently. They told me that it can be used for any website transactions. I will get it by this week. Will let you know.

Can tell me issuance charge and yearly charges as well.

Missing
Deal Captain
5,486
9054
125
Novizio wrote:

axis asap

What is the minimum balance requirement of Axis ASAP,
also what are the Charges for the Virtual and Physical Debit Card Issued.
I was confused reading their T&C . If you can help on the same plz.

Missing
Deal Cadet
140
277
4
Expand
beastboy wrote:

What is the minimum balance requirement of Axis ASAP,
also what are the Charges for the Virtual and Physical Debit Card Issued.
I was confused reading their T&C . If you can help on the same plz.

no changes only sms charges 15rs per quarter

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
116
1

Get any Credit Card, as long as it has international transaction enabled you can use it in any site, it really doesn’t matter which Bank it is from. Also, Paypal can be linked with most Master/Visa Cards from India and even to Debit Cards and Bank Accounts and you can use it for International shipping.

Missing
Deal Captain
5,486
9054
125
Expand
Novizio wrote:

no changes only sms charges 15rs per quarter

Initial Funding Minimum Rs.15000
Average Monthly Balance (AMB) of Rs. 10,000
Virtual Card- NIL Physical Card Rs. 500 + Tax
Value Added SMS Alerts Rs.5 per month
Address Confirmation Rs.100 Rs.100
Photo Attestation Rs.100 Rs.100
Signature Verification Rs.100 Rs.100

You Need To Maintain Minimum Balance Of Rs. 10,000 Every Month. Please Note That Charges For Non-Maintenance Of Balance Will Not Be Levied Till 30th June’2020 For Customers Opening ASAP Account On Or After 8th May’2020, Post Which Charges As Listed Out In Fees And Charges Section Will Apply. For Customer Who Have Opened ASAP Before 8th May’2020, No Charges Shall Be Applicable For Non-Balance Maintenance.

You receive a complimentary Virtual Debit Card when you open an Axis ASAP account. However, you can choose to opt for a physical Debit Card which comes at an issuance cost of Rs.500/- plus taxes & Annual Renewal Fee of Rs. 500/- plus taxes. You can apply for a physical debit card through the following channels

You do not earn reward points on using your Virtual / Online Debit Card linked to your Axis ASAP Account. However, you do earn points for transactions done through your Online Rewards Debit Card (Physical Debit Card)

Missing
Deal Cadet
140
277
4
Expand
beastboy wrote:

Initial Funding Minimum Rs.15000
Average Monthly Balance (AMB) of Rs. 10,000
Virtual Card- NIL Physical Card Rs. 500 + Tax
Value Added SMS Alerts Rs.5 per month
Address Confirmation Rs.100 Rs.100
Photo Attestation Rs.100 Rs.100
Signature Verification Rs.100 Rs.100

You Need To Maintain Minimum Balance Of Rs. 10,000 Every Month. Please Note That Charges For Non-Maintenance Of Balance Will Not Be Levied Till 30th June’2020 For Customers Opening ASAP Account On Or After 8th May’2020, Post Which Charges As Listed Out In Fees And Charges Section Will Apply. For Customer Who Have Opened ASAP Before 8th May’2020, No Charges Shall Be Applicable For Non-Balance Maintenance.

You receive a complimentary Virtual Debit Card when you open an Axis ASAP account. However, you can choose to opt for a physical Debit Card which comes at an issuance cost of Rs.500/- plus taxes & Annual Renewal Fee of Rs. 500/- plus taxes. You can apply for a physical debit card through the following channels

You do not earn reward points on using your Virtual / Online Debit Card linked to your Axis ASAP Account. However, you do earn points for transactions done through your Online Rewards Debit Card (Physical Debit Card)

now terms updated

Missing
Deal Captain
5,486
9054
125
Expand
Novizio wrote:

now terms updated

sad

I could have opened the account when it was free

Missing
Deal Cadet
53
123
1

Nothing beats Niyo Global card for international transactions – zero fees, zero markup, zero ch*tiyaap.

PM for referral. We BOTH will get 500/-.

Missing
suspended
67
142
3
yolodime wrote:

Nothing beats Niyo Global card for international transactions – zero fees, zero markup, zero ch*tiyaap.

PM for referral. We BOTH will get 500/-.

Done

Missing
Deal Subedar
193
1331
22
yolodime wrote:

Nothing beats Niyo Global card for international transactions – zero fees, zero markup, zero ch*tiyaap.

PM for referral. We BOTH will get 500/-.

Can we open account without Adhaar?

Missing
Deal Subedar
5
2331
31
yolodime wrote:

Nothing beats Niyo Global card for international transactions – zero fees, zero markup, zero ch*tiyaap.

PM for referral. We BOTH will get 500/-.

Don’t they have waiting like hell?

Missing
Deal Subedar
5
2331
31
Expand
nimod wrote:

Can we open account without Adhaar?

Why do u want to open account without Aadhaar? You don’t trust IDFC bank to keep your Aadhar data safe??

Missing
Deal Newbie
51
44
1

No charges.

Missing
Deal Subedar
193
1331
22
Expand
sardasa wrote:

Why do u want to open account without Aadhaar? You don’t trust IDFC bank to keep your Aadhar data safe??

I already have idfc account, opened without adhaar.
Now interested in niyo card.

Missing
Deal Newbie
51
44
1
Expand
just_for_mann wrote:

Can tell me issuance charge and yearly charges as well.

No charges.

Missing