Hot Deal

What Are You Currently Reading?

653°
Entertainer
Budhe-Baba

Which book?
I started Death by Sadhguru but soon felt that he is just saying random made up things, so stopped reading.

40 Comments  |  
26 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

I hope No follower of Sadhguru If any on DD, should get offended. smile smile

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
Luciferofhell wrote:

Data structure and algorithm by cormen

For placements/revision purpose, read karumanchi.

Community Angel Community Angel
Admin
Link Copied

@Budhe-Baba karma added. good topic for all book lovers.

reading quite a few randomly these days, will add in a while.

Community Angel Community Angel
Moderator
Link Copied

unapproved posts left for moderation

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Which book?
I started Death by Sadhguru but soon felt that he is just saying random made up things, so stopped reading.

Trying to grasp “Novacene: The Coming Age of Hyperintelligence” by “James Lovelock” (and Bryan Appleyard) https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/novacene but it is obviously wayyyyyy above my level (or so it feels to my tiny 🧠).
Tagging a few, who might find 9780241399361(ISBN-13), (GTIN-14) 09780241399361, ISBN-10 “024139936X” Novacene.. worth a dekko.
Apologies if already checked it out or know about it. @alpha.Barood @login33 @Socrates @nibraselat579 @admin @anthrax.ut @Richsoul @EzioAuditore @Barcode @repost @nofpd @micke @rsai01 @panchabhut @dharmanath481 @whiterose @Jairaj






I think @bumblesir might have missed it, when he said that, but at-least one such thread already existed/exists.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
fork.fork wrote:

Novacene https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/novacene EAN13 – 9780241399361, “024139936X” ISBN-10
Apologies if already checked it out or know about it. @alpha.Barood @login33 @Socrates @nibraselat579 @admin @anthrax.ut @Richsoul @EzioAuditore @Barcode @repost @nofpd @micke @rsai01 @panchabhut @dharmanath481 @whiterose @Jairaj

and of-course THE MOST well read and vociferous reader here @sence (whose home puts to the likes of British Council Raebareli to shame)

Hope you and neardear ones around you are fine. It has been a quarter of a year since you dropped in.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
fork.fork wrote:

and of-course THE MOST well read and vociferous reader here @sence (whose home puts to the likes of British Council Raebareli to shame)

Hope you and neardear ones around you are fine. It has been a quarter of a year since you dropped in.

You have been to his home? flushed

Celeb Celeb
Link Copied
Luciferofhell wrote:

Data structure and algorithm by cormen

I guess its “Introduction to Algorithms”.

Mann nahi hai lagta hai laughing

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Just by reading this i ordered 6 books straight
5 books set of dale carnegie
1 lifes amazing secrets

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

…Sad guru and his dimensions….lolll….

…Good grief….you read his book…reading chernobyl disaster is better….

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

….on topic….right now not reading any book coz of euro cup…last i read was "Eat that frog "…in may 2021…

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
_One_Miller_ wrote:

Content has been removed!

…procrastination is my biggest enemy since college days…i read books on it to remove this habit…but its damn hard….

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
still_guessing wrote:

…procrastination is my biggest enemy since college days…i read books on it to remove this habit…but its damn hard….

+1000.
Moved cheese is still not found by me.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
_One_Miller_ wrote:

+1000.
Moved cheese is still not found by me.

..it took me 8-10 years to realize that this is a serious problem for me…refusal to accept these things hinder your progress…

…better late than sorry….i realized it and trying to tackle it…hopefully i can get over it..

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
still_guessing wrote:

..it took me 8-10 years to realize that this is a serious problem for me…refusal to accept these things hinder your progress…

…better late than sorry….i realized it and trying to tackle it…hopefully i can get over it..

Who are you currently ?
[I] Sniff
[II] Scurry
[III] Hem
[IV] Haw

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
_One_Miller_ wrote:

Who are you currently ?
[I] Sniff
[II] Scurry
[III] Hem
[IV] Haw

…everyday i find a bit of each of these in me…hahaha…

…some days mice win and some days lill people…but my habits stay the same…

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
still_guessing wrote:

…procrastination is my biggest enemy since college days…i read books on it to remove this habit…but its damn hard….

Mine is… to😢 often give up midway.

Many times.. even when things were very close to fruition or coming to a better/final conclusion.

In both, professional and personal life😞.


Have ended up leaving myself and others feeling sad, short-changed and even ‘sort of’ cheated.
And of-course there is trust deficit thereafter.

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied
Expand
still_guessing wrote:

…procrastination is my biggest enemy since college days…i read books on it to remove this habit…but its damn hard….

No book can fix you unless you fix yourself smile)

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

This month, I read
Who Moved my Interest Rate( re read )
Deep Work( re read )
The Difficulty of Being Good
The Courage to be disliked( just finished )

Picked up The Laws Of Human Nature.

For those who are finding it difficult to maintain reading habit, read Atomic habits and Deep Work. And write down what steps you are going to follow. Don’t pickup self help books till you follow those steps.

Tiny changes are going to bring remarkable results.

Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied
bikidas2060 wrote:

Reading this
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC26...

@JassuBhai @mas143forever @batguy143

🙂🙂

You’re into glucose and Diabetes things these days.👏 😄 that’s actually a good article to understand basic metabolism of glucose.

Me reading : Half Drawn Sketch (collection of poetries and shayaris written by me, not published yet 😛)

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
JassuBhai wrote:

You’re into glucose and Diabetes things these days.👏 😄 that’s actually a good article to understand basic metabolism of glucose.

Me reading : Half Drawn Sketch (collection of poetries and shayaris written by me, not published yet 😛)

Bhai give us a chance to read em. 😍😍😍

Missing