What's your favourite linux distribution and why is it so?

272°
Pro Blogger
21
16348
141

My favourite one is Fedora. I like it because it’s clean looking, adhere to free software philosophy, good community and I started my linux journey from here.
My second favourite is Manjaro because it has rolling releases.
My third favourite is Pop OS! As it comes with Nvidia graphics drivers.(in download page it gives an option to do so)
What about you?

41 Comments  |  
22 Dimers
  • Sort By
50
20
0
bikidas2060 wrote:

My favourite one is Fedora. I like it because it’s clean looking, adhere to free software philosophy, good community and I started my linux journey from here.
My second favourite is Manjaro because it has rolling releases.
My third favourite is Pop OS! As it comes with Nvidia graphics drivers.(in download page it gives an option to do so)
What about you?

Mint and OpenSUSE did not make it to the top three in the list😔.

113
600
11

Linux Mint 19.2

I’ve tried Ubuntu, Fedora, Manjaro, Pop Os and Almost all flavours in my decade old laptop

Finally settled with Mint xfce 19.2 which is the only version that doesn’t make my laptop Roar.

I do personally like Mint Cinnamon, but my laptop’s specification hinders me a lot

21
16348
141
No-One wrote:

Linux Mint 19.2

I’ve tried Ubuntu, Fedora, Manjaro, Pop Os and Almost all flavours in my decade old laptop

Finally settled with Mint xfce 19.2 which is the only version that doesn’t make my laptop Roar.

I do personally like Mint Cinnamon, but my laptop’s specification hinders me a lot

Linux Mint is a perfect multimedia laptop

1,026
487
6

apun to window wala use karte

85
1080
13

My favourite is Ubuntu
Here is Kerala school curriculum is based on Ubuntu Linux

50
20
0
Expand
androgame wrote:

no idea about softwares (operating systems)

Try Jesus! …. within TempleOS … it even works with older RAM and Sita… errrm sATA drives too.
and
even if you don’t love Jesus as much, Jesus loves (to be in) you® operating system🙂


sorry ..but i HAD TO had to do it😬🤐


I will see myself out of here now!
До побаченняhttps://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/636570/original/6924220_laal_salaam_Biki_bhai_.pngДо свидания redhat.com

15
2386
57

Red hat Linux is best

21
16348
141
rogerthat wrote:

Red hat Linux is best

It’s a commercial OS. Fedora is the next best thing we can have. It’s supported by Red hat. 🙂🙂

315
3088
110
Ubuntu , I used to order many free UBUNTU OS cds in past
674
5342
57

Bhai I have used linux sometimes in the past but currently sticking to windows only. i do know basic stuff about linux though mainly for the purpose of running commands on seedboxes as they run a customised version of linux.

21
16348
141
drupal wrote:
Ubuntu , I used to order many free UBUNTU OS cds in past
Bhai, somebody asked what’s your first online order? It would be a Ubuntu CD for me. It was shipped from South Africa. I was soooo happy 😍😍😍😍😍😍
351
1383
18

Ubuntu with gnome environment

140
468
5

i m interested in android rolleyes

21
16348
141
Deal_Breaker_ wrote:

Have u tried arch linux?

Manjaro is based on it bhai. So, technically yes. But I have not installed Arch/Gentoo straight on my machine.

492
1739
11

As of now trying Zorin OS.

301
7495
181

Various flavors of Puppy Linux. Very lightweight ranging from under 100MB to 300MB. As a result almost the entire OS can reside in RAM even in systems with as low as 256MB RAM. Blazing fast. RAM usage is very low of course 100-250MB odd.
One big advantage is that it doesn’t need an HDD/SSD to function. Came in very handy when the HDD in my first laptop died and I had to wait for a month to get the right drive at the right price. When booted in Live mode, user changes can be saved to a USB drive but also to CD/DVD (multi-session)

21
16348
141
LIMBO wrote:

Various flavors of Puppy Linux. Very lightweight ranging from under 100MB to 300MB. As a result almost the entire OS can reside in RAM even in systems with as low as 256MB RAM. Blazing fast. RAM usage is very low of course 100-250MB odd.
One big advantage is that it doesn’t need an HDD/SSD to function. Came in very handy when the HDD in my first laptop died and I had to wait for a month to get the right drive at the right price. When booted in Live mode, user changes can be saved to a USB drive but also to CD/DVD (multi-session)

Yesss. Puppy linux is really amazing. I have a live PD of it. 🙂🙂🙂

492
1739
11
LIMBO wrote:

Various flavors of Puppy Linux. Very lightweight ranging from under 100MB to 300MB. As a result almost the entire OS can reside in RAM even in systems with as low as 256MB RAM. Blazing fast. RAM usage is very low of course 100-250MB odd.
One big advantage is that it doesn’t need an HDD/SSD to function. Came in very handy when the HDD in my first laptop died and I had to wait for a month to get the right drive at the right price. When booted in Live mode, user changes can be saved to a USB drive but also to CD/DVD (multi-session)

Yes, puppy linux is very helpful in emergency cases but it has volume issues. I ran it on friend’s laptop when his HDD was totally corrupted. Everything was good except audio.

221
4444
28

Fedora was my fav too…ubuntu is the go-to guy for dealing with any hdd/ram mess. And as most of my time is on my work laptop, it is Windows.

0
11365
131
nirmaltvd wrote:

My favourite is Ubuntu
Here is Kerala school curriculum is based on Ubuntu Linux

Sugam alle machane toungueout

476
4370
52

Xubuntu (ubuntu with XFCE desktop). Looks and feels like good old Win XP with all the benefits of Ubuntu. Most suited for someone switching from Windows.

Missing