What Was or Is The Best Ever Audio Experience You Had on 3.5mm Headphones

132°
Deal Newbie
Devout_Atheist

So i just stepped out of the local DMart with new wired headphone at real cheap price. As soon as i fired the first song from my playlist though its real terrible sound note i’ve heard in last 5 or so years. Disappointment it is, so i wanted to hear stories from you guys whats you audiophiles have in your diaries to share  ?

As of me, i was using “1More” Piston Fit, and the music on it was something altogether a different experience. It has metal housing & good looking too. Those who have used it would know what i’m talking about, the one quality to music that one shall look for in my personal opinion is spatial and trebles is the most i enjoy. 

The one i’ve brought plays all of the songs at one single flat tone, one might atleast expect these cheaply made earphones to have strong bassy tone but nope, but its not like im a fan of bass so it doesn’t concerns me. Another surprise that Xiaomi’s Mi music app lets you change equaliser as you’d like i had custom profiles settings made for music and podcast but a surprise i can’t even access these settings with this headphones lol. I do know now that what not to buy next time.


Expired
15 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I consider myself an audiophile. Use an LG G8X (has a quad DAC) along with several pairs of high impedance wired headphones. My favorite is the Sennheiser HD 599. Back when I was a student I used the CX 180 and CX 213 since they would drop to Rs 600-800 during sales. I would suggest you go for Chi-Fi IEM’s from Headphonezone or audiostore. Their beginners recommendations are pretty good. 

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Chudiya wrote:

I consider myself an audiophile. Use an LG G8X (has a quad DAC) along with several pairs of high impedance wired headphones. My favorite is the Sennheiser HD 599. Back when I was a student I used the CX 180 and CX 213 since they would drop to Rs 600-800 during sales. I would suggest you go for Chi-Fi IEM’s from Headphonezone or audiostore. Their beginners recommendations are pretty good. 

surprised to see LG making it to this list, although im brand loyal to LG durable appliances but never thought it would make its mark in audio. Thanks for suggestions, the 1More since have hiked its price so my plan to replace the old ones with the same model isn’t gonna happen. But i’d definitely try to pinch my budget while making the purchase.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

My best experience was the SENNHEISER HE1 ( worlds most expensive headphone, costs almost 55lakhs)
i kid you not , i had them for abour 2-3 hours, and after that songs didnt sound the same on my Sennheiser HD800
my HD800 sounded muddy as shit, for 1-2 months, that how crazy good the HE1 is. 

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
somebodythatusedtobeondd wrote:

My best experience was the SENNHEISER HE1 ( worlds most expensive headphone, costs almost 55lakhs)
i kid you not , i had them for abour 2-3 hours, and after that songs didnt sound the same on my Sennheiser HD800
my HD800 sounded muddy as shit, for 1-2 months, that how crazy good the HE1 is. 

Man 55lacs  ? 😳 how did you find the courage to spend such an amount on a piece of an accessory  ? Are you a sound engineer or something which can explain it or just a true audiophile you are  ? I believe you though when you say it was the best, i should be at such a price i guess  ! 😌

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Bhai.. I’m student so.. best earphones so far for me has been Sony mdr ex150ap. Bought back to back 3 peices. Each lasted 1.5 to 2 years.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Devout_Atheist wrote:

Man 55lacs  ? 😳 how did you find the courage to spend such an amount on a piece of an accessory  ? Are you a sound engineer or something which can explain it or just a true audiophile you are  ? I believe you though when you say it was the best, i should be at such a price i guess  ! 😌

Bhai read my comment again , i had them for 2-3 hours.
And yeah these are mostly used by sound engineers. altough i cant reveal where i tried them. but they are phenomenal. absolutely wonderful. i dont have words to describe it. i still have access to them ( rarely , but yes) but i prefer not to use them ever until i can afford them, thats gonna be the 3rd things i buy after buying a house and car lol.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I use 1 more dual driver which costed me around 2500rs. Not bass heavy but clarity is awesome. First take of various earphones demo in offline store then buy.

Post Tycoon Post Tycoon
Link Copied

Sennheiser CX 300. One of the world’s 10 most selling earphones during its time. It costed me ₹4500 at that time, likes of 2012. I paired it up with Sony MP3 player that costed ₹2000 I guess. Friends made fun of me for spending on earphones more than the player itself. But i always knew they are worth. I listened continuously for 8-10 hours so to make them burn. Noticed minor change. But as I kept using them, after a week or so, the burning had the effect and sound became even better that it was originally. Amazing earphone. Female vocals use to be excellent in that. No wonder it was top selling. Mine stopped working after 2 years.

Later after few years, bought an upgraded version of it. Didn’t like it like it’s old brother. Quality degraded in Sennheiser (referring to < ₹5000 budget). My current age and responsibilities do not permit me that luxury to listen to music like i did during young age.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
LordGane wrote:

Sennheiser CX 300. One of the world’s 10 most selling earphones during its time. It costed me ₹4500 at that time, likes of 2012. I paired it up with Sony MP3 player that costed ₹2000 I guess. Friends made fun of me for spending on earphones more than the player itself. But i always knew they are worth. I listened continuously for 8-10 hours so to make them burn. Noticed minor change. But as I kept using them, after a week or so, the burning had the effect and sound became even better that it was originally. Amazing earphone. Female vocals use to be excellent in that. No wonder it was top selling. Mine stopped working after 2 years.

Later after few years, bought an upgraded version of it. Didn’t like it like it’s old brother. Quality degraded in Sennheiser (referring to < ₹5000 budget). My current age and responsibilities do not permit me that luxury to listen to music like i did during young age.

That’s sad to hear that you don’t have time for music. I can’t watch anything due to the length of attention needed. I can listen to music for hours while going about my work though.

Super Moderator Super Moderator
Moderator
Link Copied

Audio technica ATH M50, gifted to me by @RDX

Second in list is soundmagic E10M, gifted to me by @anthrax.ut

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
somebodythatusedtobeondd wrote:

Bhai read my comment again , i had them for 2-3 hours.
And yeah these are mostly used by sound engineers. altough i cant reveal where i tried them. but they are phenomenal. absolutely wonderful. i dont have words to describe it. i still have access to them ( rarely , but yes) but i prefer not to use them ever until i can afford them, thats gonna be the 3rd things i buy after buying a house and car lol.

i did read that as a 2-3 years lol, and well best luck with your purchase list 😇 

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
raghupro wrote:

the best I had so far was ultimate years triplefi 10. It’s a triple driver earphones and produced great sound.


https://www.cultofmac.com/169230/ultimate-ears-...

thats whipping USD 400, one needs to be shaukeens to inveat in this i believe. You still have these  ?

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied
Expand
Devout_Atheist wrote:

thats whipping USD 400, one needs to be shaukeens to inveat in this i believe. You still have these  ?

got it for $130 in a deal back then. Lost a major component of it while I was driving my bike once. 

Kolkata Knight Riders Kolkata Knight Riders
Link Copied

Not an audiophile. My best is/was Bose Quiet Comfort 25.

Started my journey with an creative ep630 in ears after trying in a Music World (please don’t laugh). Never felt music could feel so good, because just had used bundled earphones till then. 

After some brainwavz, vsonic, soundmagic, got stuck with Bose Quiet Comfort for few years and it was the best I got to. Then wireless, ease of use and carry crept in my nature and went on to use bose soundsport & soundsport free. Now for past 3 years airpods pro is all I use, I know it’s nowhere close to the quality of what I used to use or already have (family members use the Bose’s not knowing how good they are), but the advantage in usability has made it irreplaceable.

Yes proud to be a basshead.

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply