Which foreign languages should one learn in 2023 for better opportunities ?

232°
Deal Subedar
Dealcharmer

Hi, I would like to know which Foreign Language Should One Learn in 2023 for better future opportunities
and what is the effect of artificial intelligence on language learners ?

Thanks in advance
P..S - I am Inclined towards Portuguese, Spanish

Expired
25 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

South Indians should learn Hindi as foreign language first for better opportunities in India. 

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Given the number of Hindi speaking people seeking work in South India, should it not be the reverse. All Hindi speaking persons should learn Kannada and Telegu for better opportunities.

Given the way China & Korea are advancing, learning Mandarin may become essential in near future, followed by Korean and Japanese. The three are somewhat corelated and easy to pickup together.

View 14 more replies
Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied
German
Post Tycoon Post Tycoon
Link Copied

Here's my pov about foreign languages one should atleast try once.

Asian: Mandarin

european: German and French

Asian languages are somehow connected, if you can learn Mandarin others like Japanese should be fairly easy. Same goes for european languages. As for others apart from those one can try Portuguese. More power to you.

Post Tycoon Post Tycoon
Link Copied

As For AI on language learners or should i say the bilingual or multilingual job opportunities, i doubt it will change anything atleast for couple of years, nothing can be said for certain if AIs can be trained to show human empathy and complex situation handling that requires human emotions.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Yup Mandarin in Asia, Spanish is good for Latin/south america, Europe and US to an extent

Between French and German, I'd chose German although French has a wide base.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

German.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Planning to learn Kannada for survival in public Bangalore :|

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Both Japanese and Korean languages have been influenced by China.

Northern Korea has long political history with China. After the Qin unification of China, the Yan rebels moved to Korea around 2nd Ct BC and they subsequently took control of Northern Korea. They in turn were defeated by the Han dynasty.

Korea was also under Japanese colonial rule for about half a century. In fact the present North-South Korean divide is a result of that, as after the WW-II, Soviet took control of North and USA took control of South. Like any other colonial rule, the Japanese rule of Korea left impact on their cultural norms as well as language, even if limited. 

main-qimg-0f15bbc646f9fb8a261c8fc246c8f933-pjlq

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
This might be weird but.. learn British english or American English accent as it helps in interviews or jobs just based on your communication skills.. Also German universities offer less tuition fees so probably German.. aim for large opportunities first.. Scope to use British/ American English are high.
replyuser
Click here to reply