Hot Deal Which ghee is good? cow or buffalo? and which brand?

2455°
  • 20618 Views
  • 219 Comments
  • Last comment
  • Reasons

    Vote down Reasons

    • Self Promotion : 1
    • Invalid/User Specific Coupon/Deal : 1
    • Repost : 1
Missing
Deal Brigadier
80,549
95536
1320
Which ghee is good? cow or buffalo? and which brand?

which ghee is good? cow or buffalo? and which brand?

Deal Wiki

Some Ghee Suggested by Dimers

Nandini Pure Cow Ghee
- https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-onlin...

Vanalaya Organic A2 Desi Gir Cow ghee from A2 Milk
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07XC...R/

Sri Sri Tattva Cow’s Pure Ghee,500ml (Pack of 2)
- https://www.amazon.in/Tattva-Cows-Pure-Ghee-500...

Aashirvaad Svasti Ghee, 1L
- https://www.amazon.in/Aashirvaad-Svasti-Ghee-1L...

218 Comments  |  
129 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar
210
1080
25

Cow ghee is the best and traditional

Missing
Deal Subedar
177
1617
9

Buffalo ghee has good taste and also helps in gaining weight but it doesn’t have much of nutritional value compared to cow ghee. Cow ghee has lots of nutritional value and also helps to reduce weight. In a nutshell cow ghee is better than buffalo ghee in terms of health.

If you want to purchase cow ghee online within:
₹500 to ₹600 Gowardhan ghee (best in class)
₹450 to ₹500 amul ghee, mother dairy and Nestle
₹400 to ₹450 Ananda gopaljee ghee (best cheapest ghee)

These are personally verified. If you want buffalo ghee. Vedaka buffalo ghee is also available in Amazon

Missing
Deal Cadet
46
301
1

I would recommend go with desi cow ghee. Better if you get it from local farmers or local dairy so that it must be more authentic compare to buying ghee pockets from shops.

If you wont get it from local farmers then Buy it from below link. Personally I used it and recommending. I cost is comparatively high due authentic one.

https://www.gomataseva.org/Pure-Real-Co...ee

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
240
1

cow ghee of local breed starts from 1k/kg here. That aroma can’t be found in markets.

And yes all mentioned above are pure, just source makes difference in quality.

Missing
Analyst
101
6353
175

Nandini cow ghee is only available in Karnataka but its really good. Nearly indistinguishable from home-made ghee( prepared from Nandini milk itself). Priced at Rs 470/L.

Missing
Critic
23
1881
42

If you want real ghee try looking locally. Those who have lot of cows sometimes sell ghee as they have extra. In our grandparents house we had cows, ghee was extracted. That aroma is unmatched, also the purity obviously. I’m not even sure but i think all the ghee being sold online are adultered one way or the other. But I still ordered one Ashirvaad one after looking at positive reviews. Hope it’s least adultered. This is where living in a city is disadvantageous.

Missing
Deal Major
7,180
23702
297
LIMBO wrote:

Nandini cow ghee is only available in Karnataka but its really good. Nearly indistinguishable from home-made ghee(from Nandini milk itself). Priced at Rs 470/L.

+ 1
Prefer the same over other brands

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
60
3178
26

We make ghee at home from cow milk but not for selling purpose

Missing
Community Angel
24
33373
547

Buy cow ghee if your lifestyle is comparatively inactive (sitting work) , as its nature makes it easier to digest than buffalo ghee.
Buffalo ghee is more suitable if you are burning calories and your work includes physical strain.

Not sure of brands (gowardhan, mother dairy and aashirwad are good according to me)

Missing
Community Angel
67
4240
49
ithehappy wrote:

This is where living in a city is disadvantageous.

+21

Missing
Community Angel
67
4240
49

Ibb ke ho gaya tanne Raj bhai, counts kum ho gaye ke.

Missing
Deal Subedar
103
1764
40

…Bro if u need branded version answer then google it….

…But if you want real answer then buffalo ghee is much much better…ask any wrestler…

…Buffalo ghee is costly 800 rs per kg now…while the cow ghee is around 400-450 rs per kg….

….most of the brands sell jersey cow ghee which is nothing but fat….mostly discarded fat in europe….

….If u have any connection in haryana or punjab …buy buffalo ghee….

…Otherwise cow ghee is available in all kind of fancy boxes…

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
194
4842
63
LIMBO wrote:

Nandini cow ghee is only available in Karnataka but its really good. Nearly indistinguishable from home-made ghee( prepared from Nandini milk itself). Priced at Rs 470/L.

Available in Amazon so I guess others too can buy.
Bought 2×1Kg(Rs449) Amazon Pantry 30%CB
Yes ghee tastes good.

Missing
Community Angel
24
33373
547
still_guessing wrote:

…Buffalo ghee is costly 800 rs per kg now…while the cow ghee is around 400-450 rs per kg….

Living almost in punjab, i could tell thats not the real “branded” costing
Verka (of Punjab govt) and Vita (of Haryana Govt) here sell cow ghee 20-25 rupees in premium over buffalo ghee (both remain around 420-450 in costing)
So not sure how that figure of 800 came (you might be talking of real ghee not manufactured on commercial scale)
And yes, buffalo ghee is better but one needs real exercise to burn the nutrition that it contains, cow ghee is much lighter
Have been eating both since childhood , so can make the difference on an individual scale atleast, it might or might not be correct in general smile

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
194
4842
63
still_guessing wrote:

…Bro if u need branded version answer then google it….

…But if you want real answer then buffalo ghee is much much better…ask any wrestler…

…Buffalo ghee is costly 800 rs per kg now…while the cow ghee is around 400-450 rs per kg….

….most of the brands sell jersey cow ghee which is nothing but fat….mostly discarded fat in europe….

….If u have any connection in haryana or punjab …buy buffalo ghee….

…Otherwise cow ghee is available in all kind of fancy boxes…

………..agree with you stuck_out_tongue

Missing
Deal Subedar
103
1764
40
Expand
androgame wrote:

Living almost in punjab, i could tell thats not the real “branded” costing
Verka (of Punjab govt) and Vita (of Haryana Govt) here sell cow ghee 20-25 rupees in premium over buffalo ghee (both remain around 420-450 in costing)
So not sure how that figure of 800 came (you might be talking of real ghee not manufactured on commercial scale)
And yes, buffalo ghee is better but one needs real exercise to burn the nutrition that it contains, cow ghee is much lighter
Have been eating both since childhood , so can make the difference on an individual scale atleast, it might or might not be correct in general smile

…Bro my nani has 21 buffalos and yes she sells the ghee..

…In Haryana buffalo ghee for jacha baccha ( New mother ) is 800 rs and simple buffalo ghee is 750 rs…

…In rewari buffalo ghee is 750 and 760 rs…

Missing
Community Angel
24
33373
547
Expand
still_guessing wrote:

…Bro my nani has 21 buffalos and yes she sells the ghee..

…In Haryana buffalo ghee for jacha baccha ( New mother ) is 800 rs and simple buffalo ghee is 750 rs…

…In rewari buffalo ghee is 750 and 760 rs…

Hmm.. That sounds good.
But commercially we dont know which breeds they use and all kinds of adulteration is present in both (cow and buffalo ghee)

Missing
Deal Subedar
103
1764
40

…Actually you need to understand the costing…milk yielding buffalo cost a minimum of 85000 rs now….but minimum means lesser quality….

..So think if you invest 1 lakh rs in a cattle and rear it ….you can’t sell milk and ghee cheaply…

Missing
Deal Subedar
103
1764
40

…Cows milk has less protein , less nutrients and its less viscous….thats why cows milk is cheap and it digests easily…

…But buffalo’s milk is quality….

Missing
Community Angel
24
33373
547
still_guessing wrote:

…Cows milk has less protein , less nutrients and its less viscous….thats why cows milk is cheap and it digests easily…

…But buffalo’s milk is quality….

True smile
Due to slight milk intolerance and higher sitting hours, i prefer cow milk

Missing
Deal Subedar
103
1764
40
Expand
androgame wrote:

Hmm.. That sounds good.
But commercially we dont know which breeds they use and all kinds of adulteration is present in both (cow and buffalo ghee)

…We always buy jaccha baccha ghee…always hygienic…..

…Its specially prepared for new mothers so always pure and no adulterations….

…I buy box ghee of mother dairy and aashirwaad for kid’s parathe….

Missing
Blogger
277
5721
93
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

u mean this? https://www.flipkart.com/nandini-pure-cow-ghee-...
@getready

Yes. The general opinion/consensus is that KMF doesn’t resort to adulteration because it is a govt organisation. The ghee doesn’t taste like vanasapti and would taste kind of good if you have not tasted ghee made in villages.

Personal experience, I don’t like the ghee unless there is no choice as I have been spoilt by grandma made ghee from desi cattle (A2 variety)

Missing
Deal Cadet
128
308
3
LIMBO wrote:

Nandini cow ghee is only available in Karnataka but its really good. Nearly indistinguishable from home-made ghee( prepared from Nandini milk itself). Priced at Rs 470/L.

Price is very attractive

Missing
Deal Cadet
320
955
44

For Ghee always go for direct brands of Milk Dairies – Nandini, Heritage, Dodla, Amul
Don’t go for brands which doesn’t have own diaries and procure them from other Dairies – Aashirwad (ITC doesn’t have any dairy), Britannia

Missing
Deal Captain
1,038
8685
55

Best Ghee Is Of Buffalo.

If there will be a good ghee then it will be in liquid form in summer.

Don’t much know about brand. Real ghee in my village costs Rs.800/Kg (Buffalo)

Missing
Deal Subedar
103
1764
40

….Off topic….has anyone drank camel’s milk….first time i found it yuckk….second time in tea it was ok….third time it was ok again but very light and it digests easily..

..if someone is taking whey supreme or elite….the absorption is low in buffalo or cows milk but absorption is high in camels milk….

….Yes its hard to get camels milk but you can try if possible….

Missing