Hot Deal Which is the best app/website for ordering Grocery?

1196°
Missing
Deal Subedar
1,769
2249
13
Which is the best app/website for ordering Grocery?

Hi Dimers! Based on low prices and offers, Which is the best app/website for ordering Grocery?

I myself use Flipkart Supermart. But I see many people here not liking it. So which according to you is the best to get grocery on lowest prices with best offers?

Or From where do you order grocery among these apps/websites -
1) Amazon Pantry
- https://www.amazon.in/pantry-online-grocery-sho...
2) Big Basket
- https://www.bigbaske...m/
3) Flipkart Supermart
- https://www.flipkart.com/grocery-supermart-stor...
4) Grofers
- https://grofer...m/?
5) JioMart
- https://www.jiomar...m/

Pls specify the reason also.

Deal Wiki

  • Created by : Tejaa

Read this post:
https://www.desidime.com/discussions/which-is-t...

Thanks @KMkool

94 Comments  |  
70 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar
190
1063
19

1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
and then 4 and then
2

Missing
Analyst
77
19982
174

Compare prices and order, simple. Don’t trust any single portal for pricing & quality.

Missing
Deal Subedar
151
1068
13

1. Bigbasket with DBS bigbasket card(10% cashback). And most of the things & fruits and vegetables are available.

2. Jiomart is also attractive currently due to free delivery and low price but not all needed products available

Missing
Deal Subedar
1,769
2249
13
F7-Dimer-Primer wrote:

1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
and then 4 and then
2

Seems amazon pantry so much on demand.

Missing
Deal Cadet
32
685
12

1.Grofers for low price on many items but mostly Inhouse branded items and very few choices and limited categories
2. BigBasket for wide range of choices but slightly overpriced. But you can find almost anything.
3. Jio Mart fast catching up with low price and choices but people complained of delivery issue. Teething problems for now.
4. Amazon pantry is a waste these days.

Missing
Deal Subedar
1,769
2249
13
GoogleCA wrote:

Compare prices and order, simple. Don’t trust any single portal for pricing & quality.

I find supermart with good prices. And the grofers claiming lowest prices doesn’t have lowest actually for many things. Along with this half items available are of their brand only.

Missing
Deal Subedar
1,769
2249
13
rohan8397 wrote:

1. Bigbasket with DBS bigbasket card(10% cashback). And most of the things & fruits and vegetables are available.

2. Jiomart is also attractive currently due to free delivery and low price but not all needed products available

Actually Never tried bigbasket due to delivery charges.

Good thing is items available are more than than any other website. And yes fruits/vegetables/dairy products also available.

Missing
Analyst
77
19982
174
Expand
happydealss wrote:

I find supermart with good prices. And the grofers claiming lowest prices doesn’t have lowest actually for many things. Along with this half items available are of their brand only.

You should compare for a particular order. Prices change in short term. Flipkart has absurd pricing at my location. Same goes with Pantry now. Lentils etc have good pricing on grofers. Some of Grofers’s in house brand items are pretty good actually like Orange Handwash (Best handwash i have ever used), Savemore Dishwash liquid, Savemore Toothbrush etc

Missing
Deal Subedar
1,769
2249
13
A.M.A.Z.O wrote:

1.Grofers for low price on many items but mostly Inhouse branded items and very few choices and limited categories
2. BigBasket for wide range of choices but slightly overpriced. But you can find almost anything.
3. Jio Mart fast catching up with low price and choices but people complained of delivery issue. Teething problems for now.
4. Amazon pantry is a waste these days.

Correct points. But Which one do you order from?

Missing
Deal Cadet
32
685
12
Expand
happydealss wrote:

Correct points. But Which one do you order from?

Bigbasket and Grofers mix and match based on pricing on items and offers.

Missing
Deal Subedar
151
1068
13
Expand
happydealss wrote:

Actually Never tried bigbasket due to delivery charges.

Good thing is items available are more than than any other website. And yes fruits/vegetables/dairy products also available.

Take bbstar membership. Then no delivery charges for order of 600 rs. And membership fees are returned as cashback in 3 months.

Missing
Deal Subedar
477
1108
12

Based on experience of Year 2020
1. Bigbasket (The Brigadier) :-
- When it became App of choice?:- when payzapp 25% or CitiCredit 20% cashback offers used to Run. It still was App of choice when one could get 15% minimum discount/cashback i.e. Period Before Lockdown. Initially in Lockdown it was again App of choice because one of few platform which was delivering despite max. 10% cashback/discount. But after 1 month of lockdown it had moved down much lower in my preference list.
- Advantage:- Widest Range of Products; Support system is also good.
- Advice:- Take BBstar membership and minimum order amount reduces to 600.

2. Amazon (The Lieutenant) :- It becomes App of choice whenever Pantry cashback offers Runs. Amazon one could get 15% minimum discount with bank offers. It usually hops back in and out of app of choice.
- When it became App of choice?:- In 2nd month of lockdown when it gave 300Cashback on 1000 in addition to Payment offers for old users. And since one always can get 15% savings its always in Top3 app to order grocery.
- Disadvantage:- Vegetables/Fruits/Dairy is not available (Available on AmazonFresh but price might be bit higher even after offers)

3. Flipkart Supermart :- It becomes App of choice whenever multiple cashback offers get combined. Plus 1 can get easily 10-15% savings here + Rs1 deals +prices of FEW items on flipkart is incomparable
- When it became App of choice?:- Last month when one could combine 3-4 100 off coupon + 10% savings via payment + grocery savings pass cashback + Rs1 deals
- Disadvantage:- Minimum order amount for Free delivery is bit higher; Range is bit limited.
- Advice:- App to order Selected Products once in few month

4. Grofers (The Subedar) :-
- Disadvantage:- Stock is good but mostly inbuilt brand products; Discount/cashback is around 10% max
- When it became App of choice?:- Uggh Never for me. Only ordered i think twice in current year b/c i had Wallet balance + MX player 10% discount code.

5. Jiomart (The Newbie trying to get promoted to Lieutenant Directly) :- Pricing is competitive and catching with payment offers.
- Advantage:- Pricing Of Fruits and Vegetables is best of among all.
- Disadvantage:- Can’t be Trusted for Delivery of Soft or Tender Fruits and Vegetables in good condition; Support system is almost non existing; Range can be improved by making available all instore items online.
- Advice:- Don’t order Fruits and Vegetables which can be crushed + Order with Caution as its Jiomart(beta) so some might have issues.

Few others apps which are NOT long term option in Getting Grocery (Order only till they have Offers Running) e.g.:-
• Eat.Fit (The Newbie who left desidime) :- Narrowest Range of products infact calling it Range is insult to the word itself. But it was best in getting Those selected products like Aashirvaad Atta, Saffola Oil, Oats, Cornflakes, Milk, Bread, Selected 24mantra pulses and … well Range is over.
- Advantage:- Quick delivery within 2 hours and when Phonepe Offer was running 45% savings on selected products.
- Disadvantage:- Limited area servicable, Limited stock and limited range and Phonepe Switch offers are not always running.
- When it became app of choice?:- With Phonepe Switch Eat.fit offers it was app of choice for very few products during lockdown. But once phonepe offers disappeared last month then Eat.fit also disappeared from list of app to order grocery from. Not useful Now

• Magicpin (The Newbie who just got promoted to Cadet) :- 2 ways to get Grocery:- Buy local Grocery shop vouchers or Do Magicorder (pickup+delivery both options)
- When it became app of choice? It is currently app of choice for past 1 month since it started BigFridaySale.
- Advantage:- Discounts started from 65% when BigFridaySale started 1 month back and currently at 50%.
- Disadvantage:- A Lot and if one has no experience of using Magicpin then its bit difficult too. Limited location served; one need magicpoints for discount; One need to find store which accept magicpin(as few listed store don’t accept despite being listed by magicpin) etc etc.
- Advice:- Avoid it if you are Lazy and many more but Let’s leave them as post is already very long😝😝

The choice keep changing everytime. The one offering Best price for items of need at time of need become app/website of choice.

Note:- Kindly don’t Quote this comment, better option will be tagging me.

Missing
Deal Newbie
66
82
2
KMkool wrote:

Based on experience of Year 2020
1. Bigbasket (The Brigadier) :-
- When it became App of choice?:- when payzapp 25% or CitiCredit 20% cashback offers used to Run. It still was App of choice when one could get 15% minimum discount/cashback i.e. Period Before Lockdown. Initially in Lockdown it was again App of choice because one of few platform which was delivering despite max. 10% cashback/discount. But after 1 month of lockdown it had moved down much lower in my preference list.
- Advantage:- Widest Range of Products; Support system is also good.
- Advice:- Take BBstar membership and minimum order amount reduces to 600.

2. Amazon (The Lieutenant) :- It becomes App of choice whenever Pantry cashback offers Runs. Amazon one could get 15% minimum discount with bank offers. It usually hops back in and out of app of choice.
- When it became App of choice?:- In 2nd month of lockdown when it gave 300Cashback on 1000 in addition to Payment offers for old users it was App of choice then. And since one always can get 15% savings its always in Top3 app to order grocery.
- Disadvantage:- Vegetables/Fruits/Dairy is not available (Available on AmazonFresh but price might be bit higher even after offers)

3. Flipkart Supermart :- It becomes App of choice whenever multiple cashback offers get combined. Plus 1 can get easily 10-15% savings here + Rs1 deals +prices of FEW items on flipkart is incomparable
- When it became App of choice?:- Last month when one could combine 3-4 100 off coupon + 10% savings via payment + grocery savings pass cashback + Rs1 deals
- Disadvantage:- Minimum order amount for Free delivery is bit higher; Range is bit limited.
- Advice:- App to order Selected Products once in few month

4. Grofers (The Subedar) :-
- Disadvantage:- Stock is good but mostly inbuilt brand products; Discount/cashback is around 10% max
- When it became App of choice?:- Uggh Never for me. Only ordered i think twice in current year b/c i had Wallet balance + MX player 10% discount code.

5. Jiomart (The Newbie trying to get promoted to Lieutenant Directly) :- Pricing is competitive and catching with payment offers.
- Advantage:- Pricing Of Fruits and Vegetables is best of among all.
- Disadvantage:- Can’t be Trusted for Delivery of Soft or Tender Fruits and Vegetables in good condition; Support system is almost non existing; Range can be improved by making available all instore items online.
- Advice:- Don’t order Fruits and Vegetables which can be crushed + Order with Caution as its Jiomart(beta) so some might fave issues.

Few others apps which are NOT long term option in Getting Grocery (Order only till they have Offers Running) e.g.:-
• Eat.Fit (The Newbie who left desidime) :- Narrowest Range of products infact calling it Range is insult to the word itself. But it was best in getting Those selected products like Aashirvaad Atta, Saffola Oil, Oats, Cornflakes, Milk, Bread, Selected 24mantra pulses and … well Range is over.
- Advantage:- Quick delivery within 2 hours and when Phonepe Offer was running 45% savings on selected products.
- Disadvantage:- Limited area servicable, Limited stock and limited range and Phonepe Switch offers are not always running.
- When it became app of choice?:- With Phonepe Switch Eat.fit offers it was app of choice for very few products during lockdown. But once phonepe offers disappeared last month then Eat.fit also disappeared from list of app to order grocery from. Not useful Now

• Magicpin (The Newbie who just got promoted to Cadet) :- 2 ways to get Grocery:- Buy local Grocery shop vouchers or Do Magicorder (pickup+delivery both options)
- When it became app of choice? It is currently app of choice for past 1 month since it started BigFridaySale.
- Advantage:- Discounts started from 65% when BigFridaySale started 1 month back and currently at 50%.
- Disadvantage:- A Lot and if one has no experience of using Magicpin then its bit difficult too. Limited location served; one need magicpoints for discount; One need to find store which accept magicpin(as few listed store don’t accept despite being listed by magicpin) etc etc.
- Advice:- Avoid it if you are Lazy and many more but Let’s leave them as post is already very long😝😝

The choice keep changing everytime. The one offering Best price for items of need at time of need become app/website of choice.

So detailed review very useful post

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
220
0

compare price on all website + offers, for example

TATA moon dal yellow 1 kg -(190 jiomart/ 173 flipkart/160 grofer /157 bigbasket /158 amazon/179 paytm) , though when you add offer with it will end in entire diff picture

Missing
Critic
373
3460
47

Amazon Pantry – for monthly requirements
Bigbasket – for things that can be planned, including chicken/egg and veggies
Grofers – for things that can be planned, and cheaper than elsewhere
Swiggy Groceries – for things that are required within 2 hrs, and when there are good bank offers
Jiomart – used once, did not deliver half the things, took 5 days to give refund, highly unreliable.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

1.DMart Ready: if it is available at your location, min order 1000 , branded products are mostly at low price. If you have SC Manhattan cc then you get cashback too.
2.JioMart : Branded products are priced at par with Dmart , don’t order veg and fruits .getting good cashback offers recently.
3. BB: Best for fresh fruits and Vegetables , makes sense to purchase BB star membership as due to heavy load separate slots are available for BB star membership buyers.
4.Flipkart: makes sense with new account as many 1 Rs deals are available.
5.Pantry : Lost its charm and prices are not competitive anymore , good cashback only on high bills.

Missing
Deal Newbie
177
20
0

In Grofers you get almost all items on discount..

Lowest price guarantee is the unique future (Just show the evidence they credit the cash back of differntial amount)

Biggest range of buy 1/2/3/4 and get 1 free on branded items.

Customer care is also good

Easy return/ refund against damage item.

O’range cash, was the best (before lock down)

Win win point (now useless), refer and earn, free item with order and shared deal are/ was some of the best permotional campaigning.

Bank /cash back offers are almost same nowadays in all apps.

Flipkart, Amazon, Bigbasket, Grofers all are selling their own products but Grofers products are avalable on almost half of others. https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/627632/medium/20200728_204004.jpg?1595949445https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/627633/medium/20200728_204032.jpg?1595949458 

Missing
Deal Cadet
64
133
2

I think its depends on the location where you live.. but if i have to select one.. that would be grofers.. then jiomart

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
32
0

I have used swiggy, jio mart, amazon, according to required products

Missing
Deal Subedar
705
1742
11

Paas me ek rasan ki dukan hai, jaha koi newbie Ambani ka free delivery option nhi rehta to khud jakar lena padta hai or nah hi waha koi brigadier Jeff ki company ka 15% cashback milta to mrp se 5-10% discount me hi khush rehna padta hai magar mere daal chawal khane se agar uske ghar me daal chawal jata ho to iss lockdown or pandemic ke samay me yeh to bina RTI ke PM care fund se 10000% better hai… (Put some more zeros in between 0 and %)

T- #Vocal for local (nearby Grocery shop)

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
501
4083
48
looter143 wrote:

Paas me ek rasan ki dukan hai, jaha koi newbie Ambani ka free delivery option nhi rehta to khud jakar lena padta hai or nah hi waha koi brigadier Jeff ki company ka 15% cashback milta to mrp se 5-10% discount me hi khush rehna padta hai magar mere daal chawal khane se agar uske ghar me daal chawal jata ho to iss lockdown or pandemic ke samay me yeh to bina RTI ke PM care fund se 10000% better hai… (Put some more zeros in between 0 and %)

T- #Vocal for local (nearby Grocery shop)

+1 ameer ko aur ameer bananey mey hm lagey huye hain. ..

Missing
Deal Cadet
70
206
4

Bhai Ambani me humko bnaya bg taking Hotstar and Jio recharge back ab mei usko bna rha Uske hi jiomart se order krke free me gloves lekar

Missing
Deal Subedar
705
1742
11
Expand
Simbha3 wrote:

+1 ameer ko aur ameer bananey mey hm lagey huye hain. ..

Yup..! Time to balance the economy with equal opportunity to all..!

Missing
Deal Cadet
205
258
3

2 4 1 – bb for wide range, u will get every brand, grofer for cheap prices but it lacks brands , amazon – very fast delivery.

Missing
Deal Subedar
251
1114
14

The only thing that ll deliver to my place is pantry. That too started only recently. Hope the others catch up soon

Missing
Deal Subedar
10
2690
91

Jiomart is nowadays good.
It’s just that they are overburdened with orders now so it may take 2-5 days for delivering your products.

Missing