Hot Deal

Which type of Printer can be selected for occasional use?

4053°
  • 43914
  • 245
  • Last Comment
  • Reasons

    Vote down Reasons

    • Self Promotion : 1
    • Invalid/User Specific Coupon/Deal : 1
Deal Cadet
dealdimer99

Please provide valuable suggestions regarding which type of printer can be selected for occasional use for Black & White 30 to 50 pages print monthly.

Whether should go for ink tank, ink jet, laser? All in one printer or single function? Kindly consider following points also:

# Cost of print per page
# Cost of Replacement supplies and Refilling.
# Other maintenance cost if any.

Searched previous posts regarding it but not found any post having proper info. General opinion from google search is to go with ink tank which is costing 10 to 20 paisa per print and it can refilled easily with ink bottle.

Brand and Model suggestions are also preferred.

Top Comments
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

In my area, black and white print is Rs 2 per page.
For just 50 pages, I wouldn’t buy a printer

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Your choice is between Ink Tank and Laser.

If you are going to take prints at least once ever week, you should go for an all in on Ink Tank. It will give you the facility of color prints and scans, whenever necessary. You can go for the Wi-fi ones, they are very convenient for printing/scanning directly from mobile phones.

You can go for the Laser printers, if you will be taking prints with long intervals, and need faster prints, and are sure you wont need color or scans.

Print costs should be similar for both.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
GrabDeal wrote:

Don’t make him a scapegoat.
He said OCCASIONAL uses.
You’re suggesting him to buy a laser printer ? Seriously?

Yes. Because the toner in Laser printer does not dry up and can be used without any problem for even upto 3 years. The inkjet ink dry up or leak out even without use and he will end up either paying for inks he never used or left without ink when he really needs it. The ink may even damage the printer. His total cost of operation will be much higher in case of inkjet printers.
Occasional users should not even think of inkjet printers.

244 Comments  |  
141 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
drupal wrote:

Printing can be done through mobile phones directly using usb cable no need to waste money for wifi printers

Did you meant using otg cablelon with USB cable or can we connect phone with printer using a single cable ?

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
indiansoul wrote:

Did you meant using otg cablelon with USB cable or can we connect phone with printer using a single cable ?

Obviously otg is required

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
drupal wrote:

Obviously otg is required

Thanks .. not everyone is a tech guru like you bro… confused

Can you please also recommend a cable that can be used for Mi A2 to connect with Epson L130?

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
indiansoul wrote:

Thanks .. not everyone is a tech guru like you bro… confused

Can you please also recommend a cable that can be used for Mi A2 to connect with Epson L130?

Any otg cable you can use and use priter share app I had purchased it’s premium key few years ago it is still working fine getting all updates, it has many features
now price of this app is increased but it is worth as it has all new and old printer drivers updated they keep updating drivers for all new models
Giving a very little money to this app will give you access to all printers just plug any printer laser, inkjet,inktank app automatically detects and downloads drivers instantly,
You can choose print quality, high, very high ,normal, color , grayscale ,photo print etc almost all features like a laptop
and you will save your money from being wasted on wifi printers

PS: Every OTG supported Android device have capability of USB printing just like a PC or laptop, in PC or laptop you install drivers to work and in Android phones you expect the same work without drivers, and blame mobile phones

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Shopkeeper’s printer

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
letmetravewithyou442 wrote:

If your requirement is only print then go for Epson L130 ink tank @ 7500. It’s not wireless though. You would be saving 5K just by avoiding wireless requirement.

Spending 7500 on an inkjet is not wise when laser printers can b bot around the same price or a thousand rupees more

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
cocay wrote:

Spending 7500 on an inkjet is not wise when laser printers can b bot around the same price or a thousand rupees more

Which one ? At same u won’t get a color laser printer

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
drupal wrote:

It is plug and play no jugaad lot is needed
and for LAN setup turning on modem and system is necessary
and for mobile print you need to turn on your printer only connect the phone and print

You don’t need to switch the system on. It is the most stable way of connecting a printer. Just connect the printer via lan wire to your wifi router and then you can print from any device which is connected to the wifi.

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
aaaaanuj1 wrote:

You don’t need to switch the system on. It is the most stable way of connecting a printer. Just connect the printer via lan wire to your wifi router and then you can print from any device which is connected to the wifi.

What if don’t have any router

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
drupal wrote:

Most of us don’t have any router

Most people actually have router, either mifi type (jiofi etc) or old fashioned desktop routers. Anyone who has wired internet, either cable or normal broadband, also have desktop routers. For those with only mifi, wifi on printer is required. For those with desktop type, LAN cable is all that is required.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
desiman wrote:

2 rupees per page which city rolleyes

In my city ₹1/page and if more than 10 prints price reduced to. 60paise/page. grinning

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

This is a useful topic but can some expert conclude the topic suggesting 3 best options of printers: 1) For users having low usage but having wifi facility; 2) For users having low usage without wifi requirement; 3) For users having low usage + low toner replacement cost

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
drupal wrote:

What if don’t have any router

Bhai what ifs have no limit. What if someone does not have otg supported phone, what if printer comes only with serial data cable etc.. The whole point was what is the most stable and easiest way at the cheapest price to connect a printer wirelessly to all devices. And for your kind information there is no such thing as a device driver download for android phones. The architecture of a PC and Android is apples and oranges. And the app that you have mentioned unfortunately does not add any new functionality that your android phone does not already have. As per the screenshots on Google Play store, I can tell that it is just a file manager with focus on printing. I am sorry to break the truth to you but it does not download any driver to your android phone. And last but not the least it can only find printers which were anyway visible to your android phone whether otg, network or Bluetooth. It does not magically finds printers out of thin air.

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
aaaaanuj1 wrote:

Bhai what ifs have no limit. What if someone does not have otg supported phone, what if printer comes only with serial data cable etc.. The whole point was what is the most stable and easiest way at the cheapest price to connect a printer wirelessly to all devices. And for your kind information there is no such thing as a device driver download for android phones. The architecture of a PC and Android is apples and oranges. And the app that you have mentioned unfortunately does not add any new functionality that your android phone does not already have. As per the screenshots on Google Play store, I can tell that it is just a file manager with focus on printing. I am sorry to break the truth to you but it does not download any driver to your android phone. And last but not the least it can only find printers which were anyway visible to your android phone whether otg, network or Bluetooth. It does not magically finds printers out of thin air.

When you don’t have knowledge don’t speak , you are judging the app through screenshot, smile is it file manager ?🤔 🎃 I am using it from many years , it downloads drivers if any new printer attached to it,
yes if anyone don’t have router and OTG, what will he buy for printing ? definitely he will buy OTG adapter at Rs.10 and not waste 2000 Rs. on router,
Keeping router on all the times also consumes some power , hence most convenient and cheapest way is usb printing
There are many other printing apps on play store most of them don’t work for all printers due to lack of drivers,
But Printer share works on any printer and it is plug and play I am able to use other’s printers too , I use to print at photo state shops too who have only MF printer or large photo copier macine and no PC and router
If you are so intelligent then why don’t you use this usb printing feature directly, as per you developers of printer share are fooling us, please enlighten us more on this how to use usb printer in android without any drivers

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
drupal wrote:

When you don’t have knowledge don’t speak , you are judging the app through screenshot, smile is it file manager ?🤔 🎃 I am using it from many years , it downloads drivers if any new printer attached to it,
yes if anyone don’t have router and OTG, what will he buy for printing ? definitely he will buy OTG adapter at Rs.10 and not waste 2000 Rs. on router,
Keeping router on all the times also consumes some power , hence most convenient and cheapest way is usb printing
There are many other printing apps on play store most of them don’t work for all printers due to lack of drivers,
But Printer share works on any printer and it is plug and play I am able to use other’s printers too , I use to print at photo state shops too who have only MF printer or large photo copier macine and no PC and router
If you are so intelligent then why don’t you use this usb printing feature directly, as per you developers of printer share are fooling us, please enlighten us more on this how to use usb printer in android without any drivers

I am sorry bro. Stay happy with your “download printer drivers to android” app. wink

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
aaaaanuj1 wrote:

I am sorry bro. Stay happy with your “download printer drivers to android” app. wink

There is no such name I mentioned , you keep your idea of router with you and stay happy with it, Aur sorry mat bol apni bat ko prove kar

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Go with laser printer and dont even think about inkjet printers

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I have shortlisted few multifunctional printers with wifi connectivity for occasional use. The price is just approx.

Canon Pixma G3000 All-in-One Wireless Ink Tank Colour Printer – 12,000 rs

HP DeskJet 3835 All-in-One Ink Advantage Wireless Colour Printer – 7300 rs

HP Laserjet Pro M126nw Laser Printer – 16,000 rs

HP Laserjet Pro M1136 Laser Printer – 14,300 rs

Canon mf244dw laserjet printer

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
raavi73 wrote:

I have shortlisted few multifunctional printers with wifi connectivity for occasional use. The price is just approx.

Canon Pixma G3000 All-in-One Wireless Ink Tank Colour Printer – 12,000 rs

HP DeskJet 3835 All-in-One Ink Advantage Wireless Colour Printer – 7300 rs

HP Laserjet Pro M126nw Laser Printer – 16,000 rs

HP Laserjet Pro M1136 Laser Printer – 14,300 rs

Canon mf244dw laserjet printer

Can any expert suggest best out of these or any other you would suggest. My usage is.

  1. Multifunction printer is must.
  2. Color printing in not a priority. B/w works.
  3. Pinting frequency is once a week.
  4. Wifi connectivity is must where I can use Google print option.
  5. Laser jet printer.

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
raavi73 wrote:

Can any expert suggest best out of these or any other you would suggest. My usage is.

  1. Multifunction printer is must.
  2. Color printing in not a priority. B/w works.
  3. Pinting frequency is once a week.
  4. Wifi connectivity is must where I can use Google print option.
  5. Laser jet printer.

hp laserjet pro mfp m126nw you may get it at around 14000-15000 keep checking online price drops sometimes

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied
cocay wrote:

In my area, black and white print is Rs 2 per page.
For just 50 pages, I wouldn’t buy a printer

I also pay 2 Rs for b&w
just that I call it xerox toungueout

@desiman

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

I also need to buy printer mostly for kiddo school usage
Please suggest me as well

@drupal
@panchabhut

How are HP 4729 or GT 5821?

Don’t want space occupying printer

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied
Expand
GrabDeal wrote:

Don’t make him a scapegoat.
He said OCCASIONAL uses.
You’re suggesting him to buy a laser printer ? Seriously?

Hehe, you talk as if I will kill him if he does not.He asked for suggestion ,I gave him ,its his choice if he doesn’t take mine.

Your brain won’t comprehend why I said so ,shut up.Don’t behave like an idiot.Thanks.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Anyone Can Suggest me a printer for Photo Cake ie edible printer..

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
drupal wrote:

Printing can be done through mobile phones directly using usb cable no need to waste money for wifi printers

You meant OTG cable?

I think, the wifi feature will offer a bit more convenience, and hence better to buy for a few extra bucks, if budget is not a constraint.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
karan1460 wrote:

http://www.tatacliq.com/brother-dcp-t510w-wirel...

Check this. Ink tanks are most economical and works so good, even when you print once a week.

I needed a multi-functional one for home use. Basically for kids’ school college usage, and normal household usage. So scan and color was preferred. Wifi was needed. Bought the following for 12000-1200 using Citi card. A free bag as well. This was the cheapest option available on amazon after filtering the requirements.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01H2...E/

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
mas143forever wrote:

You meant OTG cable?

I think, the wifi feature will offer a bit more convenience, and hence better to buy for a few extra bucks, if budget is not a constraint.

Wireless printer is indeed best if anyone is willing to pay and print regularly , wp for occasional printing is not worth

Flame Flame
Link Copied
Expand
mas143forever wrote:

I needed a multi-functional one for home use. Basically for kids’ school college usage, and normal household usage. So scan and color was preferred. Wifi was needed. Bought the following for 12000-1200 using Citi card. A free bag as well. This was the cheapest option available on amazon after filtering the requirements.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01H2...E/

Good choice sir ok_hand.
I think both are equivalent.
I gave you the choice of brother because I had a very good experience.
Use yours and let every knows , how’s the Canon.. sunglasses sunglasses or does this canon have balls 🍒 joy joy

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
karan1460 wrote:

Good choice sir ok_hand.
I think both are equivalent.
I gave you the choice of brother because I had a very good experience.
Use yours and let every knows , how’s the Canon.. sunglasses sunglasses or does this canon have balls 🍒 joy joy

It is for a cousin, from a smaller town. Just hoping that it doesnt give cannon ball wounds to him. biggrin

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply