why online payment option when they only run on cash (uber/ola/rapido)

236°
Missing
Deal Cadet
203
467
4

I had a very bad experience with uber for 1st time but always with rapido & ola. Everyone asking for cash if i denied then they cancel the trip. So basically there’s on use of promotion/online payment service. Maybe this also experienced by some of you here, just want to know who to deal this kind of issue?
Today I missed my bus cause i seriously don’t have cash and atleast 10 trips are cancelled just cause of cash, finally one aggred to accept the ride.

41 Comments  |  
27 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar
0
1047
4

I always pay online never paid cash. It is against company policies if someone ask mode of payment. U can take screenshot letter post that in facebook account of ola/uber tell them they cancelled they denied online payment. I have also sometimes faced issued you can simply tell them they can cancelled their side. And take screenshot and post in facebook so that they can never do it with other.

Missing
Deal Cadet
203
467
4
vyom44454 wrote:

I always pay online never paid cash. It is against company policies if someone ask mode of payment. U can take screenshot letter post that in facebook account of ola/uber tell them they cancelled they denied online payment. I have also sometimes faced issued you can simply tell them they can cancelled their side. And take screenshot and post in facebook so that they can never do it with other.

Already raised the issue on twitter & even i raised before when i faced this but nothing has changed. They have there own rules and even they don’t care sometime.. but once there id is blocked by company there are like we will not do this in future.

Missing
Deal Cadet
56
585
2
Expand
ImRebel wrote:

Already raised the issue on twitter & even i raised before when i faced this but nothing has changed. They have there own rules and even they don’t care sometime.. but once there id is blocked by company there are like we will not do this in future.

You buy timetable to know how much a train is delayed.

Same logic, that’s how India works.

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
134
1

My ride was cancelled 2 times and driver even asked me estimated fare and then cancelled saying he will not go to certain location.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
53
3508
48

Rapido guys are thiefs. Always stay very alert and avoid riding after 10pm. Many times during night time at railway station these guys accept ride then say company takes charges on every ride so let me complete this ride here and I’ll drop you at your location. I’ve denied always for such things. Rapido guys are thiefs beware..

Missing
Deal Subedar
33
1435
17

If the ride is in early morning, I prefer to not argue with anyone and pay by cash. Drivers say they need cash in early morning and bla bla.
Rest of the day, never faced issues with online payment.

Missing
Pro Blogger
1,854
4878
75

OP, before venting your anger on the poor drivers, once try to know the reason behind the cash thing.

Once I asked the same to one who was very keen on changing the mode (on the way) after confirmed booking from the airport if it can be changed to cash. Upon asking he said, it takes 2 working days to get the payment credited after deducting the aggregator cut and taxes part. And that day he was in dire need of 500 RS as that was end of his trip (personal reasons). I wished, I could have helped him out of the way if he could have mentioned all those beforehand and would paid him cash instead. Felt sorry for the poor chap that day and just offered him the max tip I could give.

Sometimes the reasons lie somewhere else that we need to find. Anyways, good luck finding better services next time. plus1 sunglasses

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
134
5199
67

Just raise issue n rate single star for that driver, it worked for me…

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
312
2
Expand
ImRebel wrote:

Already raised the issue on twitter & even i raised before when i faced this but nothing has changed. They have there own rules and even they don’t care sometime.. but once there id is blocked by company there are like we will not do this in future.

Which city ?

Missing
Deal Cadet
92
372
6

Cash is the king .

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
396
2

I think its more of city to city thing and what majority of that population think ; i have been paying only online medium ola money/uber gv since last 5 years here in delhi and if anyone speak other wise i block him for me by customer care , sp the pnly rides i get are decent driver with choosy attisude

Missing
Shopping Friend
88
5173
48

Today similar happened with me.
It was around 10pm booked cab to my surprise online payment was working at all was asking for selecting cash as payment.
I had Amazon 50% cashback offer wanted to utilise that.

Missing
Deal Cadet
266
586
7

I face this issue everyday here in Jaipur booking ola or uber bike for my uncle. The drivers here have devil may care attitude. I make sure I raise issue and complaint against each of them.

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
1047
4
Snikeus wrote:

I face this issue everyday here in Jaipur booking ola or uber bike for my uncle. The drivers here have devil may care attitude. I make sure I raise issue and complaint against each of them.

I am too in jaipur if i face any person like this i immediately take screeshot and share to facebook. I have taken 100+ rides till now everytime pay online however if someone tells me regarding why u paid online i simply go away without answering them and share the screeshot on facebook.

Missing
Deal Subedar
191
1048
17

From your point of view you are trying to utilize offers from wallets, from driver point of view he needs cash for his purpose. You are availing his service. So pay him by cash. If they deny then chose another ride. Don’t behave like entitled person. Drivers are humans too and they have mouths to feed as well. Just because you couldn’t get the 50rs cashback you will rate someone 1 star or complain is inhuman. If you don’t have money in hand it’s YOUR problem. If the driver denies ride simply book another. They have the right to deny you service.

Missing
Deal Subedar
621
1939
22

Even horseshit is better than Ola customer care. These guys do nothing at all. Thousands of people complaint about such issues. Had they been honest by even 1% we wouldn’t be facing such issues. Look how many of us have similar experience in this thread only, that too since years.
I too almost missed my train when I have to get down of tha cab at 8.40 pm when I booked an Ola cab for railway station to catch my 9 pm train. All because the driver cancelled the ride as he wasn’t ready for Ola money payment. I had only 500 notes. And he denied change also as i was ready to pay by cash.

I was trying to book a cab since more than an hour and all the drivers denied after asking whether it’s cash or Olamoney payment. These people operate as gang/dacoits.

Missing
Deal Cadet
88
976
8

Main reason for cash acceptance as confirmed with 2-3 drivers while riding, the payment cycle is upto 2 weeks and also they face few problems while withdrawing due to poor knowledge and needs some cash reserve for their weekly needs. Company needs to think about this also not one sided.

Missing
Deal Subedar
388
1690
31
rockingneo wrote:

Main reason for cash acceptance as confirmed with 2-3 drivers while riding, the payment cycle is upto 2 weeks and also they face few problems while withdrawing due to poor knowledge and needs some cash reserve for their weekly needs. Company needs to think about this also not one sided.

And especially during festivals everyone wants to take money home….
And if they keep accepting ride with online mode then they are sort on cash plus they have to spend on fuel.

Missing
Deal Cadet
111
564
4

They receive money in bank account after 15 days….. They need money for fuel and personal expenses…..

Missing
Deal Cadet
88
976
8
Expand
animesh7785474 wrote:

And especially during festivals everyone wants to take money home….
And if they keep accepting ride with online mode then they are sort on cash plus they have to spend on fuel.

And also they can easily calculate commission while taking cash considered uber charge like 20-25% but difficult in online weekly passbook and uber can apply hidden charges and they are still unaware. So no to online only cash.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
50
1

1. Driver has to pay for fuel everyday, they don’t get their account credited everyday -once a week. If they get cash, they can use it as they want.
2. Now a days, most people use online payment, drivers don’t get cash for a few days and they don’t have much in their pocket.

Uber and other companies did make withdrawal anytime – this was like a free ticket for fraudster.
Fraudster book ride with their own driver account by stolen credit card – get paid same day to their account. When legitimate users chargeback Uber and other bear the loss.
This is why funds are hold for few days – to give chargeback in case of disputes.

Withdraw same day or next day is available to trusted drivers though.
Now drivers are greedy too, they don’t want to give cut to apps, so they ask -pay few bucks less than what app shows and cancel app ride – benefit to both drivers and customer. laughing

Missing
Deal Cadet
213
751
9
deb3l wrote:

OP, before venting your anger on the poor drivers, once try to know the reason behind the cash thing.

Once I asked the same to one who was very keen on changing the mode (on the way) after confirmed booking from the airport if it can be changed to cash. Upon asking he said, it takes 2 working days to get the payment credited after deducting the aggregator cut and taxes part. And that day he was in dire need of 500 RS as that was end of his trip (personal reasons). I wished, I could have helped him out of the way if he could have mentioned all those beforehand and would paid him cash instead. Felt sorry for the poor chap that day and just offered him the max tip I could give.

Sometimes the reasons lie somewhere else that we need to find. Anyways, good luck finding better services next time. plus1 sunglasses

Yes, the similar thing said by a cab driver, that those who ask for cash mode, they wouldn’t have gotten their payment. Some may get it through weeks. Sad part is sometimes they don’t have cash for fuel too. For me it happened with auto wala first. Then later a cab driver said cab drivers reason. Can’t blame anyone here.

Missing
Deal Cadet
134
269
13

If it is ola/uber policy that driver cannot refuse ride based on payment mode then drivers are at fault. If it is ola/uber policy that driver can first accept & then refuse ride if he doesn’t like the payment mode then customer has no right to question the driver or ola/uber.
If drivers have any problem with any company policy they can take it up with the company, or leave the company if not satisfied and be freelance. Not okay to harass customer.

Customer should complain on all available mediums like play store reviews, Facebook, twitter etc etc. Give lowest rating to such drivers.

This is the new menace after “lamba bhada” meaning long trip/more fare where drivers (normal not ola/uber) would straight up refuse to take you if your destination is near.

We all consider if someone needs cash sometimes and don’t fuss if we have cash.

Missing
Deal Subedar
388
1690
31
Expand
rockingneo wrote:

And also they can easily calculate commission while taking cash considered uber charge like 20-25% but difficult in online weekly passbook and uber can apply hidden charges and they are still unaware. So no to online only cash.

Thats why i have noticed mostly young drivers accepting online payments

Missing
Deal Cadet
203
467
4
A.M.A.Z.O wrote:

From your point of view you are trying to utilize offers from wallets, from driver point of view he needs cash for his purpose. You are availing his service. So pay him by cash. If they deny then chose another ride. Don’t behave like entitled person. Drivers are humans too and they have mouths to feed as well. Just because you couldn’t get the 50rs cashback you will rate someone 1 star or complain is inhuman. If you don’t have money in hand it’s YOUR problem. If the driver denies ride simply book another. They have the right to deny you service.

I think this is not happened with you, From my point of view I’m using service that company provides, offer’s are too generated by them so why will i pay cash when I’m getting some discount.
Will you an example- here we’ll are to get some benefits and to save some amount, when Flipkart and amazon offering 10% discount on online payment method so if I’ll ask you to pay cod even you can avail 10% then what would you choose?

Second thing even most of them working with all like uber/rapido/ola and to be honest some even don’t know how to behave/talk.
They forced me to cancel the ride when I’m saying nothing. I simply requested if you can’t go then cancel the ride no point of anger. If I’ll cancel then I’ll be changed for cancellations amount.
And if they are human then they can establish trust btw company and get payment ontime (I meet some driver that can withdraw funds anytime)

And your last line is baseless.. they don’t have rights to deny service on the base of payment method.

Missing
Deal Cadet
203
467
4
Expand
vyom44454 wrote:

I am too in jaipur if i face any person like this i immediately take screeshot and share to facebook. I have taken 100+ rides till now everytime pay online however if someone tells me regarding why u paid online i simply go away without answering them and share the screeshot on facebook.

I’m too from jaipur and this issue is rise after launching rapdio. Before everything is fine and no one has any issue with payment method. But now a day in Jaipur everyone needs cash.

Missing
Deal Cadet
203
467
4
Ash-D wrote:

Today similar happened with me.
It was around 10pm booked cab to my surprise online payment was working at all was asking for selecting cash as payment.
I had Amazon 50% cashback offer wanted to utilise that.

Even one of them started the trip without me later he called me and asked sir what is your payment method? I said online & he disconnected the call and cancelled the ride got charged for around 20 in which my coupon was wasted too.

Missing
Deal Cadet
203
467
4
deb3l wrote:

OP, before venting your anger on the poor drivers, once try to know the reason behind the cash thing.

Once I asked the same to one who was very keen on changing the mode (on the way) after confirmed booking from the airport if it can be changed to cash. Upon asking he said, it takes 2 working days to get the payment credited after deducting the aggregator cut and taxes part. And that day he was in dire need of 500 RS as that was end of his trip (personal reasons). I wished, I could have helped him out of the way if he could have mentioned all those beforehand and would paid him cash instead. Felt sorry for the poor chap that day and just offered him the max tip I could give.

Sometimes the reasons lie somewhere else that we need to find. Anyways, good luck finding better services next time. plus1 sunglasses

Poor driver.. sorry bro but might be some of them are poor not all.
They have attitude like they are the king might be it’s city based but they don’t have manners of taking to a customer.
I always request they if you can accept then fine otherwise cancel it I’ll go with someone else. But they wants cancellation from my side and if i cancel I’ll be charged for cancellations. So why wil i cancel ?
As an uber eats employee i know who they work once there id is deactivated they come back on there level and ask to unblock it. And they even repeated it cause sometime it look like they don’t want to earn they are just doing it for there time pass.

Missing
Shopping Friend
88
5173
48
Expand
ImRebel wrote:

Even one of them started the trip without me later he called me and asked sir what is your payment method? I said online & he disconnected the call and cancelled the ride got charged for around 20 in which my coupon was wasted too.

Damn that’s really bad.
I think company needs to work out these things. In the middle of the night I was trying to book cab and even being many cabs around me I was not able to get one just because of online payment.
I think if the drivers are facing such issues as mentioned above and cash is their priority company should acknowledge it and come up with solutions.
Also there’s no point of so many wallet and online options and giving online offer’s while seeing almost everyone is facing the same.

Missing