Wifi extender for Jio Fiber Dual band ??

132°
Deal Major
anthrax.ut
Admin

hi guys needed one help … I have this extender 

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00A0VCJPI/ref=cm_sw_r...


it was working perfect with jiofiber 2.4 ghz, jio changed my router to dual band …. And this extender stopped working

Any good recommendations for dual band extender for 2.4 and 5ghz ??

Expired
18 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Any suggestions for using a router as extender?

@anthrax.ut That dual band monitor can still work in 2.4 ghz. I have activated both 2.5 Ghz and 5 Ghz.

Deal Major Deal Major
Admin
Link Copied
shoaibmax wrote:

Any suggestions for using a router as extender?

@anthrax.ut That dual band monitor can still work in 2.4 ghz. I have activated both 2.5 Ghz and 5 Ghz.

did not understand about the monitor part

Deal Major Deal Major
Admin
Link Copied
Expand
shoaibmax wrote:

I mean router smile

😄  Got it ….   Router does work in 2.4 but I am not sure how to use extender only on 2.4 as it doesn’t get connected 

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
anthrax.ut wrote:

😄  Got it ….   Router does work in 2.4 but I am not sure how to use extender only on 2.4 as it doesn’t get connected 

Tried disabling 5 GHz mode on router?

Deal Major Deal Major
Admin
Link Copied
Expand
shoaibmax wrote:

Tried disabling 5 GHz mode on router?

not tried that yet … let me try and do that … thanks 

Elite Elite
Link Copied

If your extender worked with the older Jio router which was 2.4Ghz, your extender should work with the new Jio router’s 2.4Ghz band. Did you setup different SSIDs for the two frequencies in your Jio router? This is the most common mistake.

Trailblazer Trailblazer
Link Copied

I heard other routers r not working with jio dual band router one should buy jio extenders only is it true

Commentator Commentator
Link Copied

I am going for Jio broadband connection. Any suggestions or offer? Should I enquire from my jio app or call dealer locally?

Deal Major Deal Major
Admin
Link Copied
ontherocks wrote:

If your extender worked with the older Jio router which was 2.4Ghz, your extender should work with the new Jio router’s 2.4Ghz band. Did you setup different SSIDs for the two frequencies in your Jio router? This is the most common mistake.

I haven’t done that … will try to do that and check 

Perfectionist Perfectionist
Link Copied

I have airtel fiber with 2.4ghz and 5ghz and want wifi extender, which was should i opt for. Please suggest a good one.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I need referral for new jiofiber connection

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

If you use extender, dont you get speed dropped ?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
anthrax.ut wrote:

😄  Got it ….   Router does work in 2.4 but I am not sure how to use extender only on 2.4 as it doesn’t get connected 

Anthrax bhai extender is useless. Get the additional mesh router from jio, imo the best solution right now.

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply