Wisdom Jan 1990 Edition

181°
Tech Guru
bikidas2060

This magazine predates me by couple of months. I chewed off its front page literally, I was a toddler back then. Then my father n mother taught me about different photos in this book. I didnt understand much back then. I used to say, “eeeee!!! Mmmm.. ni ni ni…” At least that’s what my parents say. 🤣 Whenever I would see a new photo, I would call my sister. I wanted to share my excitement with her. I just wanted her to see the photos the way I saw it. And then I used to dream about those photos. grin
The pages are no longer white. It has survived the termite attack. But the bright blue highlights are still there, unfaded. I think this has planted the seed of a reader in me. In retrospect I can see b/w pages of this book in Technicolor.
I have never seen back since touching it. 🙂 It used to break my heart, when I used to see "badam walas " folding torn pages of colorful/ bw magazines to sell peanuts. I don’t mind these days. I understand poverty and stuff.
Life happens.
Today kids play with phones n tablets, I/we, the 90s kids, used to play with books. Any Wisdom, Chandamama fans here?

24 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Hmm.. I have suggested my friend who complained about his son not interested in reading, to feed a few pages of this book from the old book shop, will see what happens. I have pointed this post as source of my recommendation for his confidence boost.

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Haha. 😁

View 2 more replies
Blogger Blogger
Link Copied

ye to emotional topic hai bhai

tata bye bye

i only remember urge to read tenali raman , nandan , champak while on train journey

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Abhi abhi toh mile ho
Abhi naa karo chhootne ki baat
Abhi abhi toh pasand aaye ho
Abhi abhi roothne ki baat
🤣

View 6 more replies
Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

What did you guys do as kids? What was your favourite hobby?

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied

lattu champion tha mai

played gully cricket , kho kho , ice pice , loha lakkad , looka chhoopi and other out door sports

View 5 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Didn’t particularly like Wisdom though still bought several issues. I was an even voracious reader back then. If only ebooks were available back then. I wouldn’t have to read the same book several times in some cases. As it is my current collection spans 12k.

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

🙂

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I don’t even read school buks and you guys were reading gk books..

replyuser
Click here to reply