Hotness 57,000 BSNL employees opted for VRS in four days

Hot Deal 57,000 BSNL employees opted for VRS in four days

338°
640 batman arkham knight l
Deal Subedar
  • Over 60,000 employees have applied for Voluntary Retirement Scheme in BSNL and MTNL, telecom secretary Anshu Prakash said on Friday
  • BSNL’s internal target for VRS is pegged at 77,000 employees, PTI reported
  • The scheme will be open till 3 December.
  • BSNL is looking at savings of about ₹7,000 crore in wage bill, if 70,000-80,000 personnel opt for the scheme.
59 Comments  |  
23 Dimers
18157365 1092022577569460 9015892503473472591 n
Deal Subedar

Abtk mast office me bethkr khaya. Ab ghar pe bethkar mast khayenge. Acha he. Aur double triple niklne chahiye.

Missing
Deal Subedar

BSNL employees were not getting regular salaries since Dec last year. They fear that they would not be getting salaries in future als if they continue. So they are opting for VRS. The skilled ones will then go and join either Airtel or Jio.

Spinning globe gif 17
Deal Subedar

Govt unable to run/maintain a Govt organisation (Shame on India) rolleyes pensive

Missing
Deal Cadet

70000 BSNL employee don’t want to work double in tough time of BSNL and perhaps they also think that this company can not be revived…so they are taking vrs

Img 20190301 141207
Analyst

70000 means it will boost real estate market in many cities.

Not long before bsnl is sold to Mukesh Ambani like bses Mumbai was sold to Anil Ambani and VSNL was sold to Tata Tele.

Missing
Deal Cadet
mastervijay wrote:

Govt unable to run/maintain a Govt organisation (Shame on India) rolleyes pensive

No government can afford to pay to freeloaders army. With their colonial era BABU and SAHEB mentality, it was bound to happen sooner than later. BSNL sim card was treated like silver in early days, but look at it now, very few people still use it. If something goes wrong with your BSNL connection then no one will listen to you (leave alone fixing that issue). These BSNL employees treat customers like a beggar.

Missing
Deal Subedar

BSNL has been asking its ministry permission for the last 4 years to launch 4G services. They finally got now only after Jio has established itself. ever wonder why?

Missing
suspended
mastervijay wrote:

why shame on India?
principally the ‘job’ of any government is to ‘govern’.
ideally it should stay out of conducting business but that hardly happens anywhere.
and
these things are complicated too
https://hbr.org/1996/01/a-country-is-not-a-company

http://donellameadows.org/archives/what-should-be-privatized-and-what-should-not/

Missing
suspended
dharmanath481 wrote:

Not long before bsnl is sold to Mukesh Ambani like bses Mumbai was sold to Anil Ambani and VSNL was sold to Tata Tele.

i don’t understand confused
Tata’s used their influence and (money?) power to have VSNL undervalued despite weirdly large tracts of real estate within various city limits.

VRS (for 79-80000 people) of unkbown level/ grade will boost real estate market how? Is one to assume that ALL are getting class one level retirements and that the money will trickle into construction or buying selling of property or land?
i assume half of those taking VRS to be peripheral staff (most of their key funxtions were long outsourced and performed by vendor companies instead of their own staff)

Missing
Deal Cadet
panchabhut wrote:

BSNL employees were not getting regular salaries since Dec last year. They fear that they would not be getting salaries in future als if they continue. So they are opting for VRS. The skilled ones will then go and join either Airtel or Jio.

age of 50 years or above are eligible to seek voluntary retirement under the scheme

Missing
Deal Subedar
panchabhut wrote:

BSNL has been asking its ministry permission for the last 4 years to launch 4G services. They finally got now only after Jio has established itself. ever wonder why?

Sorry to say brother but in past you asked me to talk on facts but when it comes to BSNL I never seen you talking facts. You are bit emotional with BSNL or per say PSUs and hatee private. Yes BSNL asking for 4G spectrum but you may also know why they are not getting it. It is not the Ambani’s or Mittal’s behind but their own failures. When it comes to BSNL, everybody say it should get stimulus from Govt either be be tax exemptions or equity infusions while pvt telcos never enjoys that much.

BSNL got 3G spectrum in Sept 2008 and soft launched on Jan 1, 2009. It was well before 2 years other companies started. So why you never asked why BSNL was favored and given a go ahead before pvt telcos. Why there was a partiality then? And what did BSNL did even getting spectrum before pvt telcos? Absolutely nothing. They paid after 2 years and still no Interest was charged while it was not same for other telcos.

Some people play victim card that after auctions BSNL had to pay heavy prices. But that auction process was given go ahead by SC itself so not injustice there. Everyone paid the same price for every circle. BSNL got favored in many specific departments or I should say forced while the rules of fair play tells a company can’t be favored or forced to any department.

To establish itself, Jio is working too hard and also has investors confidence and money. What BSNL has? Jio is not having 1.75 Lakh employees. They have 1/6 of it and are 200% more efficient. When Airtel became No.1 was it due to their effort or Govt help? Govt asking 92000 Cr from pvt cos and not a single penny from BSNL for SUC. Why this much helping hand. On one hand pvt cos are playing without advantage while BSNL getting help after few years. Jio is not forcing anyone to join them. It is a free market and customer has all the choice. Those who compete and get work done faster are winners and those who cares about taking salaries only and enjoy the perks of being Govt employees only sleeps.

Suppose X has aloan of Rs.10 lakh while Y has 1 crore as loan. Y generates income of Rs.5 crore annualy with 80 lakhs as profits while X generates only 1 lakh as profits. Who will get more loan. Only Y. So the BSNL X has to buy spectrum first not look to get it for free every time. Neither customers not pvt telcos have made BSNL bleed. Their landline business was taking a hit who stopped them to being a close competition with mobile tariffs. Instead they kept on increasing when connections were being surrendered. BSNL: loses with management response to competition. It is not easy to manage a firm with more than 50% useless employees.

China Mobile is biggest Govt operator of China and have 2.9 lakh employees with market share of 70% alone. Here BSNL don’t have 8% market share and active users are only 60% out of that but have employee base of 1.75 lakh. It is not Jio’s fault that even after having their operations 14 years before Jio they are not able to lure 10% customers. You have to accept BSNL’s own fault. If they mean business then they need to compete. Emotions or patriotism won’t help BSNL grow. Their PR agency is playing emotional card from 1 year but any good result? Even if they had managed 3G network fairly with 10 MHz they have, they wouldn’t have needed 4G spectrum even now. But their 3G coverage still stands at 68% only. Only failures blame others for their loss.

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
GarakS wrote:

why shame on India?
ideally it should stay out of conducting business but that hardly happens anywhere.
and

http://donellameadows.org/archives/what-should-be-privatized-and-what-should-not/

You are asking them too much to read. If they had understand the basics, the question wouldn’t have been there. In India people are more emotional when something bad happens to their income source but don’t give a damn to their own effort and help company grow. The problem here is Govt is always put on its knees even when losses are mounted as people think only of their own pockets rather than help growing the company.

Spinning globe gif 17
Deal Subedar
Expand
GarakS wrote:

why shame on India?
and

It seems Government suspended you from DD.

Missing
Deal Cadet
dharmanath481 wrote:

what is the average salary of a VRS seeker. just asking to calculate VRS payout amount. is it in crores ?

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
pentiumd wrote:

what is the average salary of a VRS seeker. just asking to calculate VRS payout amount. is it in crores ?

Do you even need to ask this???

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
chingumboy wrote:

Sorry to say brother but in past you asked me to talk on facts but when it comes to BSNL I never seen you talking facts. You are bit emotional with BSNL or per say PSUs and hatee private. Yes BSNL asking for 4G spectrum but you may also know why they are not getting it. It is not the Ambani’s or Mittal’s behind but their own failures. When it comes to BSNL, everybody say it should get stimulus from Govt either be be tax exemptions or equity infusions while pvt telcos never enjoys that much.

BSNL got 3G spectrum in Sept 2008 and soft launched on Jan 1, 2009. It was well before 2 years other companies started. So why you never asked why BSNL was favored and given a go ahead before pvt telcos. Why there was a partiality then? And what did BSNL did even getting spectrum before pvt telcos? Absolutely nothing. They paid after 2 years and still no Interest was charged while it was not same for other telcos.

Some people play victim card that after auctions BSNL had to pay heavy prices. But that auction process was given go ahead by SC itself so not injustice there. Everyone paid the same price for every circle. BSNL got favored in many specific departments or I should say forced while the rules of fair play tells a company can’t be favored or forced to any department.

To establish itself, Jio is working too hard and also has investors confidence and money. What BSNL has? Jio is not having 1.75 Lakh employees. They have 1/6 of it and are 200% more efficient. When Airtel became No.1 was it due to their effort or Govt help? Govt asking 92000 Cr from pvt cos and not a single penny from BSNL for SUC. Why this much helping hand. On one hand pvt cos are playing without advantage while BSNL getting help after few years. Jio is not forcing anyone to join them. It is a free market and customer has all the choice. Those who compete and get work done faster are winners and those who cares about taking salaries only and enjoy the perks of being Govt employees only sleeps.

Suppose X has aloan of Rs.10 lakh while Y has 1 crore as loan. Y generates income of Rs.5 crore annualy with 80 lakhs as profits while X generates only 1 lakh as profits. Who will get more loan. Only Y. So the BSNL X has to buy spectrum first not look to get it for free every time. Neither customers not pvt telcos have made BSNL bleed. Their landline business was taking a hit who stopped them to being a close competition with mobile tariffs. Instead they kept on increasing when connections were being surrendered. BSNL: loses with management response to competition. It is not easy to manage a firm with more than 50% useless employees.

China Mobile is biggest Govt operator of China and have 2.9 lakh employees with market share of 70% alone. Here BSNL don’t have 8% market share and active users are only 60% out of that but have employee base of 1.75 lakh. It is not Jio’s fault that even after having their operations 14 years before Jio they are not able to lure 10% customers. You have to accept BSNL’s own fault. If they mean business then they need to compete. Emotions or patriotism won’t help BSNL grow. Their PR agency is playing emotional card from 1 year but any good result? Even if they had managed 3G network fairly with 10 MHz they have, they wouldn’t have needed 4G spectrum even now. But their 3G coverage still stands at 68% only. Only failures blame others for their loss.

Well said bro, your post was on point. But here in india government employees expect us to pay them (bribe) to do whatever they are supposed to do. In short they dont do anything unless get bribe from customers/people. They think salary is their birth right and workplace is enjoyment/relaxation center. Thats why majority of people prefer private service as long as its possible and want to stay away from government entities.

Note: Whatever i wrote here is applicable to most government employees. Few hardworking people and honest people can be found here but they are very very few when compared to whole government workforce.

20170305 121502
Entertainer

What is offer ? how much extra ?

Missing
Deal Newbie
panchabhut wrote:

AMBANi Modi Affairs grinning

Missing
Deal Cadet
panchabhut wrote:

BSNL employees and management always want taxpayers to foot their bills. I dont pay taxes just to fill these employee pockets. Beside have you ever used their services?? if yes then how did they treat you when something goes wrong?? BSNL neither compete nor treat customer fairly and fix their issue. They just want taxpayers money..
Note: I was asked to pay bribe to get connection and later to fix it. When i refused to pay then they left my connection dead for weeks.

Img 20190301 141207
Analyst
Expand
GarakS wrote:

i don’t understand confused
Tata’s used their influence and (money?) power to have VSNL undervalued despite weirdly large tracts of real estate within various city limits.

VRS (for 79-80000 people) of unkbown level/ grade will boost real estate market how? Is one to assume that ALL are getting class one level retirements and that the money will trickle into construction or buying selling of property or land?
i assume half of those taking VRS to be peripheral staff (most of their key funxtions were long outsourced and performed by vendor companies instead of their own staff)

Most employees either stay on rented house or govt quarters. They will get ppf, gratuity and vrs which is a sizable amount.
outskirts of Mumbai a 1bhk costs about 25-35 lakhs and they will get higher than that. Even the half sleepy man at desk going off for 1/2 hour to eat gutka gets 45k per month.

So 45k x 12 × 8years = 43 lakhs + all other funds = 1+ cr that too for a a lower-mid grade employee.

@pentiumd

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
DaBomb wrote:

BSNL employees and management always want taxpayers to foot their bills. I dont pay taxes just to fill these employee pockets. Beside have you ever used their services?? if yes then how did they treat you when something goes wrong?? BSNL neither compete nor treat customer fairly and fix their issue. They just want taxpayers money..
Note: I was asked to pay bribe to get connection and later to fix it. When i refused to pay then they left my connection dead for weeks.

I am using BSNL SIM as a back up. Once out of Metros, their service is very good and at many locations the best of the 4. I know that as I travel a lot on official work and have SIMs of Airtel, Voda and Jio also.
Several of my friends still use BSNL Broadband and at least during the last 3 years, they have been very satisfied with the service, including complaint resolution.

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
chingumboy wrote:

Lets talk facts.
Presently BSNL has about 1.61 Lakh employees.
BSNL was incorporated in 2000. Prior to that, it was the Dept of Telecommunications, Govt of India.
At the time of creation of the PSU, the Govt shifted 3.66 lakh employees from Dept of Telecommunications, Govt of India to BSNL. So the entire staff was actually the result of excess workforce of GOI which was forced onto BSNL. Excess staff strength is not BSNL’s own doing. It is the legacy of the Central Govt. Logically, GoI should have only shifted the required staff to BSNL and adjusted the rest in other Govt departments. But that did not happen and BSNL was forced to begin with the handicap of a large aging workforce, most of whom had become habitual of not doing any work after spending years as a pure Govt employee.
Again, the top decision makers of BSNL, like most other PSUs, are not BSNL employees but Govt of India officers of IAS and ITS cadre on short deputation to BSNL. These high ranking Govt officers are the ones who failed to take proper decisions regarding launch of 3G services, not the BSNL employees.
Every MP is provided with free telephone facility of 15,000 per month. And this also comes at the cost of BSNL. Similar facilities are also provided to MLAs.
BSNL has the primary fibre optics network of the Country and even Jio is using BSNL network at many places.

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
muznabin wrote:

age of 50 years or above are eligible to seek voluntary retirement under the scheme

The majority of BSNL employees are people recruited directly by Govt of India and posted to Dept of Telecommunications prior to 2000. When BSNL was incorporated in 2000, 3.66 lakh people were shifted from DoT to BSNL. The own recruitment of BSNL since 2000 has been minimal and mainly in technical cadres.
So a major portion of the present employees would be 50 plus.

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar

very satisfied with this

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar

bsnl was first to launch 4g via wimax , but never got spectrum for LTE.

govt wanted otherwise

Missing
Deal Cadet
rogerthat wrote:

bsnl was first to launch 4g via wimax , but never got spectrum for LTE.

govt wanted otherwise

BSNL was first to get 3G spectrum but what happened?? Even after that BSNL performance in 3G was worst among all 3G service providers. Their biggest issue is their own employees who simply don’t want to work without getting bribe.

Cropped3140660918820440642
Deal Cadet
Expand
DaBomb wrote:

No government can afford to pay to freeloaders army. With their colonial era BABU and SAHEB mentality, it was bound to happen sooner than later. BSNL sim card was treated like silver in early days, but look at it now, very few people still use it. If something goes wrong with your BSNL connection then no one will listen to you (leave alone fixing that issue). These BSNL employees treat customers like a beggar.

My very recent experience is opposite to that, at least at little higher level.
30/- was deducted from my account without my consent because some VAS was activated . I cancelled it immediately because i did not ask for it and called CC team , they were helpless, there were telling that since i cancelled the service from my end they can’t see details about that issue rolleyes.

Then i gave a complaint via mail , got no reply for many days.

Then mailed PG appellate authority for my area and i did not expect any reply , but i got a reply within a couple of hours with mails which were not sent to me but we’re circulated inside them to resolve the issue.

My issue was already resolved before me mailing the appellate authority, but i did not know it because i got no reply , i mean they added balance of 50/- to my account, but i did knot it was them, i thought i would have recharged sometime it failed then and I got again i thought(because of amazon 100% CB upto 50 on just 2-3 days before i got that balance added msg stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye)

So i feel atleast at medium level they are good.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
jileg wrote:

My very recent experience is opposite to that, at least at little higher level.
30/- was deducted from my account without my consent because some VAS was activated . I cancelled it immediately because i did not ask for it and called CC team , they were helpless, there were telling that since i cancelled the service from my end they can’t see details about that issue rolleyes.

Then i gave a complaint via mail , got no reply for many days.

Then mailed PG appellate authority for my area and i did not expect any reply , but i got a reply within a couple of hours with mails which were not sent to me but we’re circulated inside them to resolve the issue.

My issue was already resolved before me mailing the appellate authority, but i did not know it because i got no reply , i mean they added balance of 50/- to my account, but i did knot it was them, i thought i would have recharged sometime it failed then and I got again i thought(because of amazon 100% CB upto 50 on just 2-3 days before i got that balance added msg stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye)

So i feel atleast at medium level they are good.

BSNL is still better than AVOID gang, i just don’t like BSNL employees greedy and corrupt nature (even if i exclude their laziness and zero efficiency). For example Vodafone activated VAS on my number and deducted 21 Rs per week. I saw it in 2nd week and deactivated. next month same VAS (English seekho pack) was activated again and when i called customer care they refused to refund money stating i have activated this VAS and they will not refund balance.
Now i don’t keep any balance in vodafone. Morons cant deduct balance now. sunglasses sunglasses
Jio made my life easier. Now no sneaky VAS activation and balance deductions or huge bill for crossing data limit and queued recharges.
Note: I reminded them about DOT double opt in rules for any VAS activation and their reply was " First time we verified with your ip and then you clicked on yes button so it got activated". In short they dont give a shit about any rules and regulations. They only care about money and crying now when they are asked to pay back their dues.

Cropped3140660918820440642
Deal Cadet
Expand
DaBomb wrote:

BSNL is still better than AVOID gang, i just don’t like BSNL employees greedy and corrupt nature (even if i exclude their laziness and zero efficiency). For example Vodafone activated VAS on my number and deducted 21 Rs per week. I saw it in 2nd week and deactivated. next month same VAS (English seekho pack) was activated again and when i called customer care they refused to refund money stating i have activated this VAS and they will not refund balance.
Now i don’t keep any balance in vodafone. Morons cant deduct balance now. sunglasses sunglasses

I believe reading somewhere, balance related issue should be addressed in 4 weeks(read in bsnl website itself stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye)
Also i beleive TRAI said that because such issues are facing by customers, services should be activated only on double authentication, i mean second time user has to send confirmation SMS then only service will be activated.
So you should get you money back, if you to higer authority .

It’s not about amount being big or small, they should not do this , thats it.

Missing