Aliexpress Customs Query

Aliexpress Customs Query

177°
Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
32
0

Hi,

I recently purchased an 3D Printer from Aliexpress worth USD 240. I requested the seller to declare the value as 140 USD.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2018-Newest-TEV...

The weight of the printer is 8kg and 38*36*32cm.

It is being shipped via FEDEX.

How much customs might charge for this parcel.

I want to get an approximate amount, so I can be ready to pay when the parcel arrives.

20 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
20
0

Usually 45% of order amount. Last month I got duty 45% duty for 5000 rs value

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
32
0
KODGI wrote:

Usually 45% of order amount. Last month I got duty 45% duty for 5000 rs value

45% of declared value?

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
32
0
KODGI wrote:

Usually 45% of order amount. Last month I got duty 45% duty for 5000 rs value

Do you mind sharing the product dimensions?
And the courier company?

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
20
0

It’s sent through China post . It’s small package around 20 X 30 cm box.

Missing
Deal Cadet
1
140
314
3
Expand
dealbag wrote:

45% of declared value?

Not declared value. Customs department estimates the value of the product. Its dependent on them.
They know very well that 100$ product can have 1$ declared value written on it.

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
32
0

Any other thoughts / experiences?

Missing
suspended
0
51
80
0

Customs do not look at declared value they have own price list and also internet so they can serach price on AliExpress for the product because they can open your shipment… more so if the declared value is underpriced they generally charge customs higher

56766
Deal Subedar
4
368
1076
32

bro i have paid 76% of custom duty on 200$ parcel which was marked as 101 usd..so be carefull..but my item was shipped by china ordinary courier ..

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
32
0
akshayrpatil wrote:

bro i have paid 76% of custom duty on 200$ parcel which was marked as 101 usd..so be carefull..but my item was shipped by china ordinary courier ..

I hope FEDex takes care of the customs. I’m eagerly waiting for the product, but it is yet to be dispatched. wink

56766
Deal Subedar
4
368
1076
32
Expand
dealbag wrote:

I hope FEDex takes care of the customs. I’m eagerly waiting for the product, but it is yet to be dispatched. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif

yes update when u receive your parcel and mention also how much customs charged or not charged…can be useful for dimers as well as me for any further overseas purchases..

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
32
0
Expand
akshayrpatil wrote:

yes update when u receive your parcel and mention also how much customs charged or not charged…can be useful for dimers as well as me for any further overseas purchases..

Sure bro.

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
32
0

Latest update. The parcel was dispatched by DHL Express.

Indian rupee symbol 100x100
Deal Cadet
0
52
140
2
dealbag wrote:

Latest update. The parcel was dispatched by DHL Express.

“Holy F**K” DHL is the biggest CHOR when it comes to International Shipments… They’ll take Flat 1000 just as handling charges and show no mercy while charging you the maximum they can… 40% of real product value is sure shot with dhl. They even takes commission below the table to increase daily revenue for senior officials… FedEx was slightly better… always order with China Post/USPS when it comes to international packages. it mighht arrive a little late but costs you way less and dude i received items worth $500 through USPS without even paying a penny to customs forget handling charges.

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
32
0
Expand
netsniffer wrote:

“Holy F**K” DHL is the biggest CHOR when it comes to International Shipments… They’ll take Flat 1000 just as handling charges and show no mercy while charging you the maximum they can… 40% of real product value is sure shot with dhl. They even takes commission below the table to increase daily revenue for senior officials… FedEx was slightly better… always order with China Post/USPS when it comes to international packages. it mighht arrive a little late but costs you way less and dude i received items worth $500 through USPS without even paying a penny to customs forget handling charges.

Oh dang, this is not a good news. Lets see how it turns out.

I was hoping to order a couple more printers after trying this out once.

632px manchester united football clubin logosvg
Deal Cadet
2
316
440
23
Expand
dealbag wrote:

Oh dang, this is not a good news. Lets see how it turns out.

I was hoping to order a couple more printers after trying this out once.

Any updates on this? How much custom duty was finally charged? Please let us know – will help with an upcoming purchase. Thanks!

Dsc 8604
Deal Cadet
1
73
846
14

i ordered a dashcam. Its already 20 days. still showing waiting for custom clearance. Any solution other than waiting, location: Bangalore

Logo avatars
Deal Cadet
0
85
164
3

Try to order expensive items from FedEx or bluedart avoid ems for expensive item import. As mostly sender declare less amount on local courier, customs are not stupid they can check price and charge customs with their price list and plenty for wrong declaration. Better to use local courier for product upto 5000.

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
20
0
Expand
dealbag wrote:

Oh dang, this is not a good news. Lets see how it turns out.

I was hoping to order a couple more printers after trying this out once.

any update bro?? hushed

Missing