Amex Reward Points Redemption

Amex Reward Points Redemption

70°
Missing
Deal Subedar
76
2953
31

2 Queries:

Amex 18K points = Rs.6000/- against credit card statement
Amex 18K points = Rs.7000/- Amazon Voucher

1. Which of above two is better option?

2. Amex (MRCC) charged me Rs.4500+GST last year as annual fee, which they didn’t waive off even after several requests. Any way to get it waived off?

16 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
51
746
5

Redemption in Amazon is better in this case…you can sell those voucher .
PS- I am not using this card

Missing
Deal Subedar
5
2100
30

U didn’t spend 1.5 lakh in the previous statement year?

Missing
Deal Subedar
283
1330
11

Now amazon redemption is better

Missing
Deal Cadet
272
344
5

Yes. Amazon redemption is better.
Also you can enquire for redemption of 12000 points which is available once a year and gives a cb of 5310 which is essentially your annual fees with gst.
This redemption is only available once a year. I called the helpline and they immediately did it when I mentioned.
This if still applicable will give you the best redemption value.

PS. I had done the redemption in December.

Missing
Deal Cadet
275
818
7

It depends if can utilise your Amazon vouchers. If you prefer statement credit, wait for accumulation of 24k points coz then you will get 9k which is much better value.

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
384
1

This card is not worth 4.5k plus gst. Should have asked to close it, that way your chance for fee reversal would have been higher, If not then should have closed it.

Missing
Deal Cadet
72
519
3

For referral sign up annual fees is 1500+gst
So ask them to refund 3k atleast.

Missing
Deal Subedar
76
2953
31
sardasa wrote:

U didn’t spend 1.5 lakh in the previous statement year?

I couldn’t.

Previous year was worst. Paid 4500+GST to Amex & 500+GST to SBI

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
25
0

Can we cancel card after using 11 months?
Bcz I am not going to spend 1.5L and by that time I may earn 12K points atleast

Missing
Deal Cadet
272
344
5
Vinod358 wrote:

Can we cancel card after using 11 months?
Bcz I am not going to spend 1.5L and by that time I may earn 12K points atleast

Better not to close as that affects credit score.
Fee is half if you spend 90k .
And they rarely come with offers but sometimes they are good. Recently I had 500 cb on 5000for flipkart spends. So there is value sometimes. Also wallet spends count towards bonus points on Amex.

Missing
Deal Subedar
283
1330
11
Vinod358 wrote:

Can we cancel card after using 11 months?
Bcz I am not going to spend 1.5L and by that time I may earn 12K points atleast

Yes. Close it if you arent gonna use.

Missing
Deal Subedar
33
2868
61
kurk wrote:

Yes. Amazon redemption is better.
Also you can enquire for redemption of 12000 points which is available once a year and gives a cb of 5310 which is essentially your annual fees with gst.
This redemption is only available once a year. I called the helpline and they immediately did it when I mentioned.
This if still applicable will give you the best redemption value.

PS. I had done the redemption in December.

Not available anymore

Missing
Deal Subedar
149
1885
35
kurk wrote:

Yes. Amazon redemption is better.
Also you can enquire for redemption of 12000 points which is available once a year and gives a cb of 5310 which is essentially your annual fees with gst.
This redemption is only available once a year. I called the helpline and they immediately did it when I mentioned.
This if still applicable will give you the best redemption value.

PS. I had done the redemption in December.

This redemption option is not available starting from 1st February, 2020

Missing
Deal Cadet
52
185
7
watever wrote:

This card is not worth 4.5k plus gst. Should have asked to close it, that way your chance for fee reversal would have been higher, If not then should have closed it.

If u r talking about membership reward card then charges is 1500 only plus taxes yearly . I got it last month. My 1st yr fee is waived off from nxt yr 1500 n if i spend 1.5 lak then free if 90000 then 750 rs correct me if wrong

Missing
Deal Subedar
149
1885
35
Expand
baaz4u2007 wrote:

If u r talking about membership reward card then charges is 1500 only plus taxes yearly . I got it last month. My 1st yr fee is waived off from nxt yr 1500 n if i spend 1.5 lak then free if 90000 then 750 rs correct me if wrong

Amex recently decreased their charges for those who applied through referral only.
Those who apply directly without referral still need to pay 4500+gst as annual fee if theirs is not LTF

Missing
Deal Cadet
119
170
2

What is link to view the reward points balance. I am not able to locate the same in both app and the website.

Missing