Anonymous alleges Reliance Jio shares user call...

Anonymous alleges Reliance Jio shares user call data to foreign ad networks

Score: 2 Votes: 2
Score: 2 Votes: 2
Break the bottle
Deal Captain
2
130
9108
53

Anonymous alleges Reliance Jio shares user call data to foreign ad networks, Jio refutes claims

Hacktivist group Anonymous has accused Reliance Jio of using two apps for sharing user call information to ad networks abroad. Anonymous claims that MyJio and JioDialer (now rebranded Jio4GVoice) are sending user information to an ad network called Mad-Me. Now, according to hacktivist group Anonymous, Reliance Jio is sending user call data to ad networks in Singapore and the US, and making money from the same.

To support its allegations, hacker group has shared a video to point out how VoLTE call related information is being routed to servers based in Singapore and USA. They have shared a screenshot of the same for reader’s reference, and detailed a step by step process using which users can verify the breach of user privacy.

How to verify if Reliance Jio apps are violating user privacy

Step One: Install free edition of burp suite from here.

Step Two: Configure your Android smartphone to send traffic via burp suite. You can find the information on this page.

Step Three: Download MyJio and Jio4GVoice apps from the Play Store.

Step Four: Open the MyJio app and let it update. Use the native dialer to make outgoing call and end it. Close all apps and open the native dialer again.

Now, in burp, (under proxy and HTTP history) you will see calling data being sent to app.cobal.mad-me.com. This is despite using native dialer, and not Jio4GVoice dialer. From this, it is clear that Reliance Jio is using a third party SDK without verifying what data it is collecting, or where it is sending, thus breaching user privacy.

In an official response to the publication, a Reliance Jio spokesperson said, “Jio takes its customers’ security and privacy very seriously. In keeping with its highest standards of governance, Jio does not share its customers’ data with any other entity. Any information captured by Jio is only for internal analysis to deliver better quality of service and recommend offerings from Jio’s product portfolio.”

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/279560/medium/3594415burp_suite_reliance_jio_call.jpg?1480970075

Source – http://www.bgr.in/news/anonymous-alleges-relian...

12 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
Shutterstock 1013504321
Deal Subedar
2
31
2910
32

Foreign vale Data ka Sar fodenge kya ? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Stupendous man
Deal Captain
0
287
8610
90

There’s a difference between ‘selling’ data and ‘outsourcing’ data to someone. As per the said website http://www.mad-m...m/ It is a mobile data management and service delivery company. Reliance might be using their service. Nothing wrong with that. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Break the bottle
Deal Captain
2
130
9108
53
@thrifty_indian wrote:

There’s a difference between ‘selling’ data and ‘outsourcing’ data to someone. As per the said website http://www.mad-m...m/ It is a mobile data management and service delivery company. Reliance might be using their service. Nothing wrong with that. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif


So why is Anonymous raising questions? Is it for publicity? https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
160
4146
46

I remember reading somewhere, reliance executives saying openly that one of the offshoots of JIO is data mining and “offering” customers better service even before they ask for them through their home grown bunch of apps.

ad bot
1
1
1
1
Ad Bot

Deal Baba ka Pitara - Win Prizes worth Rs. 3 Lakh

Deal Baba ka Pitara - Win Prizes worth Rs. 3 Lakh
Stupendous man
Deal Captain
0
287
8610
90
@gambitrite wrote:

@thrifty_indian wrote:

There’s a difference between ‘selling’ data and ‘outsourcing’ data to someone. As per the said website http://www.mad-m...m/ It is a mobile data management and service delivery company. Reliance might be using their service. Nothing wrong with that. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif


So why is Anonymous raising questions? Is it for publicity? https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif


If one can just google and find out about the company then they know that too. They need to create some chaos to get their name going. The blogs then do the same. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Shutterstock 1013504321
Deal Subedar
2
31
2910
32

Koi bhi 10 rs ke chakar m app download karte ho to aapka data to vaise bhi chala jata h y worry https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

A2z1
Deal Major
102
4,736
19697
156
@blue wine wrote:

Foreign vale Data ka Sar fodenge kya ? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif


Company ka naam Hai JIO
To Sar fod ke marenge Kyun? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Shutterstock 1013504321
Deal Subedar
2
31
2910
32
@A2Zdeals wrote:


@blue wine wrote:

Foreign vale Data ka Sar fodenge kya ? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif


Company ka naam Hai JIO
To Sar fod ke marenge Kyun? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Lol

Stupendous man
Deal Captain
0
287
8610
90
@blue wine wrote:

Koi bhi 10 rs ke chakar m app download karte ho to aapka data to vaise bhi chala jata h y worry https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif


#Bola

Missing