Any good website to buy replacement mobile batt...

Any good website to buy replacement mobile battery?

51°
Casper friendly ghost
Deal Cadet
64
869
74

Want to buy good quality replacement battery for my old oneplus one. Can someone help me find one?

7 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
159
153
9

I also want to replace my redmi 3s prime battery please help

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4187
133

Buy from service center only. Every 3rd party one would be a fake Chinese one. Thats why the ones in the service center costs twice as much. I figure if I am spending the money and going through the trouble to replace a non replaceable battery I might as well get an original. These batteries lose 50% capacity in an year if you are a heavy user. Even my rarely used phones are at 50% in 3 years. But then they start losing charge much faster.

Untitled 1
Critic
494
4262
122
alienteck wrote:

Every 3rd party one would be a fake Chinese one.

Every 1st party one would also be Chinese one too.

They just have better quality control and warranty (not 100% sure about it). That’s why they cost more.

Casper friendly ghost
Deal Cadet
64
869
74
alienteck wrote:

Buy from service center only. Every 3rd party one would be a fake Chinese one. Thats why the ones in the service center costs twice as much. I figure if I am spending the money and going through the trouble to replace a non replaceable battery I might as well get an original. These batteries lose 50% capacity in an year if you are a heavy user. Even my rarely used phones are at 50% in 3 years. But then they start losing charge much faster.

thanks for your suggestion, but since oneplus stopped manafacturing new batteries for oneplus one was curious if there is any third party good manufacturer in india.
Like in UK they have “replacebase” who provide good quality mobile spares.

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4187
133
Expand
Roushh wrote:

Every 1st party one would also be Chinese one too.

They just have better quality control and warranty (not 100% sure about it). That’s why they cost more.

The difference would be like buying paper sheets.. The expensive ones would be flat and white while the inexpensive ones would be smudged and rough. Found this out the hard way when a battery stopped working in a month. Opening it up I saw holes in the sheets. Its a wonder it did not catch fire. Li poly batteries are easy to make. It only gets expensive when you need high capacity and quality that lasts. I noticed that some even skimp on the protection circuits even though they only cost like rs5. The much higher cost for OEM is because of specialized chemicals used to get extra 20-30% charge. I was surprised there were 100’s of types of Li poly and why for peak performance you used original charger.. The voltage and charging are slightly different depending on the chemical used in the battery. When you use a generic battery that capacity drops drastically since the protection circuit has to work and for safety uses a much lower voltage hence lower capacity.

http://www.droneybee.com/lipo-battery-tut...l/

Untitled 1
Critic
494
4262
122
Expand
alienteck wrote:

The difference would be like buying paper sheets.. The expensive ones would be flat and white while the inexpensive ones would be smudged and rough. Found this out the hard way when a battery stopped working in a month. Opening it up I saw holes in the sheets. Its a wonder it did not catch fire. Li poly batteries are easy to make. It only gets expensive when you need high capacity and quality that lasts. I noticed that some even skimp on the protection circuits even though they only cost like rs5. The much higher cost for OEM is because of specialized chemicals used to get extra 20-30% charge. I was surprised there were 100’s of types of Li poly and why for peak performance you used original charger.. The voltage and charging are slightly different depending on the chemical used in the battery. When you use a generic battery that capacity drops drastically since the protection circuit has to work and for safety uses a much lower voltage hence lower capacity.

Nope.

We had two iPhones and their battery died. I went to the Apple store and they said, it is going to cost 9,000 rs each. I went to a local vendor through a friend and he replaced the battery for 800 rs each and gave me assurance for 6 month. One iPhone’s battery is working fine from last 1.5 year but other one’s started acting weird within 3-4 months. I went to the local vendor again and get it replaced. Now it’s working fine since then.

Now, I understand the company use specialized chemicals and secret sauce to make the battery work perfectly under 0.1% voltage and temperature fluctuation to produce a Unicorn smooth experience. But the cost difference doesn’t justify the output/performance difference. Even if my iPhone’s local battery dies in exactly 6 months which is highly unlikely, I can still get a new battery for 5.5 years in the same cost of 1 battery replacement from Apple store. Companies are just looting us for their fat margins.

Now, Chinese product are not suppose to be shitty products. They have good vendors and they have bad vendors too, just like India. The problem is us, not the Chinese products. We only buy dirt cheap Chinese products and when they don’t work, we blame China.

The moral of the story is, if you buy from good Chinese brands then you will get good products. Although it will cost slightly more than buying dirt cheap Chinese products but a lot cheaper than OEM.

Missing
Deal Cadet
141
186
27

I got my Oneplus One battery after placing a request at service center since the stock was very limited. There were local options as well ranging from 500-1100, however I went with service center option. It costed ~1.5k along with labor charges.

Missing