anyone here suffering from GERD AND HIATUS HERNIA?

anyone here suffering from GERD AND HIATUS HERNIA?

247°
Missing
Deal Newbie
50
79
0

i have recently diagnosed with it.
i need few life saving suggestion from those who already have this..

39 Comments  |  
19 Dimers
Images
Deal Subedar
3
1572
40

I am hearing this GERD name first time

Cropped75770540910922727
Blogger
514
1934
51
Asankhya wrote:

I am hearing this GERD name first time

Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease. It’s very common one. Specially with people having acidic stomach. Better to treat this with food and living habits than pathologically. It’s a lifestyle/ food disorder issue. Can be cured fully with a disciplined routine.

Images
Deal Subedar
3
1572
40
Expand
deb3l wrote:

Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease. It’s very common one. Specially with people having acidic stomach. Better to treat this with food and living habits than pathologically. It’s a lifestyle/ food disorder issue. Can be cured fully with a disciplined routine.

Ohhh! Is it Acid reflux? If same then I had this problem myself but I took care of it with controlled diet and little exercise.

Cropped75770540910922727
Blogger
514
1934
51
Expand
Asankhya wrote:

Ohhh! Is it Acid reflux? If same then I had this problem myself but I took care of it with controlled diet and little exercise.

Yes, same one. It occurs again and again when we get casual about food and living habits. But, it should be taken care of immediately if gone chronic. Else major intestinal issues will come up like the one op mentioned above. He must be ignoring it for a good amount of time. Generally we all do.. for various reasons. But, it should be checked immediately if repetitive.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
79
0
Expand
deb3l wrote:

Yes, same one. It occurs again and again when we get casual about food and living habits. But, it should be taken care of immediately if gone chronic. Else major intestinal issues will come up like the one op mentioned above. He must be ignoring it for a good amount of time. Generally we all do.. for various reasons. But, it should be checked immediately if repetitive.

Yes I have developed a small Hiatus hernia
But now I follow a good diet and exercise regularly…

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
79
0
Expand
Asankhya wrote:

Ohhh! Is it Acid reflux? If same then I had this problem myself but I took care of it with controlled diet and little exercise.

How u manage your life with Acid reflux?
Which diet do u take?

Cropped75770540910922727
Blogger
514
1934
51
Expand
seepak12.12358 wrote:

Yes I have developed a small Hiatus hernia
But now I follow a good diet and exercise regularly…

Are you on moderate or high level? Do you eat outside a lot? How did you develop it at the first place?

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
79
0
Expand
deb3l wrote:

Are you on moderate or high level? Do you eat outside a lot? How did you develop it at the first place?

I used to eat outside a lot.. too much spicy and fast food ..now living on medicines currently but doctor said medicined can replaced by good diet of u follow

Cropped75770540910922727
Blogger
514
1934
51
Expand
seepak12.12358 wrote:

I used to eat outside a lot.. too much spicy and fast food ..now living on medicines currently but doctor said medicined can replaced by good diet of u follow

I see. You need to zero in with your spices first. Take enough water to dilute that acid. Rest well, don’t awake till late night. Routine exercise will help you controlling bile secretions, you will see other benefits also. Leafy, juicy vegetables and fruits are advised.

Missing
Deal Cadet
142
220
3

I have it too… I have undergone endoscopy b4 3 years and Dr suggested to do surgery..but i didn’t go for it, he prescribed medicines for acidity and no vomit which I took for 3 to 4 months but now I am not using any medicines..following proper diet..but whenever there is change in routine eating habits and not proper sleep then morning vomit happening with me..

Images
Deal Subedar
3
1572
40
Expand
deb3l wrote:

I see. You need to zero in with your spices first. Take enough water to dilute that acid. Rest well, don’t awake till late night. Routine exercise will help you controlling bile secretions, you will see other benefits also. Leafy, juicy vegetables and fruits are advised.

+1

I gave up on Cold Drinks, Cold Water, Alcohol, Regular Spicy food or outside food, my food is without black pepper/red pepper, only fresh green chillies which i selectively take out. I have given up on Sugar totally. I eat only one meal depending on breakfast portion. If its too much then I skip lunch, if light breakfast then I take lunch but no dinner. I drink lot of water (normal temp) and dry fruits as filler and natural sugar. And I get up very early and go for walk. That’s all. Concentrate on getting a fine liver. Like debl said little discipline and boring diet and you’ll be fine in no time.

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
197
2

GERD can be cured in one week. Just follow Low-carb(zero carb)-high protien and High fat food.
Just stop eating Carb foods (Rice/Wheat/pulse etc).
Eat only veggies(2 curries/day), eggs(two), ghee/olive oil(50 gm), sunflower seeds(3 spoons), pumpkin seeds(3 spoons), almonds (10), pista(5), walnuts(5).
Max two meals a day only. That means, if you take any thing solid (let us say 2 almonds) in between , that is counted as a meal. So max two meals a day. Also, take veg soup or Lemon water, if you feel hungry in between the meals.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
79
0
saifee wrote:

I have it too… I have undergone endoscopy b4 3 years and Dr suggested to do surgery..but i didn’t go for it, he prescribed medicines for acidity and no vomit which I took for 3 to 4 months but now I am not using any medicines..following proper diet..but whenever there is change in routine eating habits and not proper sleep then morning vomit happening with me..

Can u plz contact me I need to know what diet you follow

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
79
0
Expand
Asankhya wrote:

+1

I gave up on Cold Drinks, Cold Water, Alcohol, Regular Spicy food or outside food, my food is without black pepper/red pepper, only fresh green chillies which i selectively take out. I have given up on Sugar totally. I eat only one meal depending on breakfast portion. If its too much then I skip lunch, if light breakfast then I take lunch but no dinner. I drink lot of water (normal temp) and dry fruits as filler and natural sugar. And I get up very early and go for walk. That’s all. Concentrate on getting a fine liver. Like debl said little discipline and boring diet and you’ll be fine in no time.

Now I think may be I was aware of this problem before having this…but now nothing can be done only good diet and exercise can help me

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
79
0
ramadesidime wrote:

GERD can be cured in one week. Just follow Low-carb(zero carb)-high protien and High fat food.
Just stop eating Carb foods (Rice/Wheat/pulse etc).
Eat only veggies(2 curries/day), eggs(two), ghee/olive oil(50 gm), sunflower seeds(3 spoons), pumpkin seeds(3 spoons), almonds (10), pista(5), walnuts(5).
Max two meals a day only. That means, if you take any thing solid (let us say 2 almonds) in between , that is counted as a meal. So max two meals a day. Also, take veg soup or Lemon water, if you feel hungry in between the meals.

Do u also have GERD?

Cropped 67832584
Deal Cadet
146
732
5

You can have Bananas

Cold milk ( Not Refrigerated )

Yogurt

It will help a lot
Specially cold milk.

But ask your Doctor first as sometimes things may differ from person to person.

Missing
Deal Cadet
506
336
8

I have hyper acidity problem as well, can’t sleep if I eat anything acidic. Firstly stop eating spicy not even green chillies. If use antacids you will have to take that for life. Try ayurveda. I feel better if I drink curd mixed with strawberry and sugar, I make strawberry syrup myself and preserve it for next 6 months in refrigerator. Eating very less or except rice/wheat looks good on paper but I never able to follow it. I have stopped eating all pulses except urad and moong. Try eating moong Dal khichadi one whole day and post result here. If you find any other remedy send it to me as well.

Images
Deal Subedar
3
1572
40
ramadesidime wrote:

GERD can be cured in one week. Just follow Low-carb(zero carb)high protien and High fat food

I am not agreeing on this. With high protein diet, like pulses and red meat, I developed High Uric Acid levels, which was the worst side effect as I couldn’t stand up in the morning due to intense pain in lower part of my leg and excessive, speedy whitening of hair. Now that pain is gone away too. But grey hair remains to serve as reminder of my bad food habit choices in addition to some other causes. I think there should be some pH balance equilibrium required by the body which when disturbed, we get diseased.
If I have to blame one thing that caused this, I will blame me in the first place followed by runner ups – Appy Fizz or Thumps Up 😟 and.. maybe Tandoori Chicken biggrin

Missing
Deal Subedar
324
1120
24

If u only have gerd then it can be managed with medicines easily but since you have associated hiatus hernia better to go ahead and do the surgery

Giphy
Deal Cadet
80
338
5

urge for bowel mov. after each meal is also a sign of GERD ?

Bal ganesh
Deal Lieutenant
94
3754
48
Expand
Asankhya wrote:

I am not agreeing on this. With high protein diet, like pulses and red meat, I developed High Uric Acid levels, which was the worst side effect as I couldn’t stand up in the morning due to intense pain in lower part of my leg and excessive, speedy whitening of hair. Now that pain is gone away too. But grey hair remains to serve as reminder of my bad food habit choices in addition to some other causes. I think there should be some pH balance equilibrium required by the body which when disturbed, we get diseased.
If I have to blame one thing that caused this, I will blame me in the first place followed by runner ups – Appy Fizz or Thumps Up 😟 and.. maybe Tandoori Chicken biggrin

In a way Swiggy, Zomato, Foodpanda, and Amazon…too are to be blamed.
After watching that Zomato executive video I am not able to order again though tempting offers flash before eyes. But they are going to win at the end soon pensive

This post and replies are of great help in fighting junk food.

Screenshot 2017 02 03 18 31 59 495 com.whatsapp
Deal Cadet
0
670
16

Omperazole for GERD

Cropped5956121221912039330
Deal Cadet
104
347
2

Anyone can pm me diet plan ?

Zsjpjnd
suspended
0
3626
56
Expand
Asankhya wrote:

I am not agreeing on this. With high protein diet, like pulses and red meat, I developed High Uric Acid levels, which was the worst side effect as I couldn’t stand up in the morning due to intense pain in lower part of my leg and excessive, speedy whitening of hair. Now that pain is gone away too. But grey hair remains to serve as reminder of my bad food habit choices in addition to some other causes. I think there should be some pH balance equilibrium required by the body which when disturbed, we get diseased.
If I have to blame one thing that caused this, I will blame me in the first place followed by runner ups – Appy Fizz or Thumps Up 😟 and.. maybe Tandoori Chicken biggrin

Isn’t Appy just Juice?

Asa
Deal Major
6,507
21558
253
Expand
161508 wrote:

Isn’t Appy just Juice?

Carbonated Drink*
And if you start having any health complications, the one basic thing every doctor suggests you is to avoid processed food
Even I got to know about this GERD when I had some other health complication

Zsjpjnd
suspended
0
3626
56
Expand
getready wrote:

Carbonated Drink*
And if you start having any health complications, the one basic thing every doctor suggests you is to avoid processed food
Even I got to know about this GERD when I had some other health complication

Actually, only once or twice I had that.. and as far as I remember i didn’t got burps so I thought it is not.

will stay away now.
is Maaza OK to drink,?

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
79
0
kevalmehta wrote:

Anyone can pm me diet plan ?

I m buying a book which a doctor advised me do u want to buy that?
It cost 600 in Kindle edition
We can buy by paying half Price

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
79
0
nikhilp1 wrote:

I have hyper acidity problem as well, can’t sleep if I eat anything acidic. Firstly stop eating spicy not even green chillies. If use antacids you will have to take that for life. Try ayurveda. I feel better if I drink curd mixed with strawberry and sugar, I make strawberry syrup myself and preserve it for next 6 months in refrigerator. Eating very less or except rice/wheat looks good on paper but I never able to follow it. I have stopped eating all pulses except urad and moong. Try eating moong Dal khichadi one whole day and post result here. If you find any other remedy send it to me as well.

I m buying a book which a doctor advised me do u want to buy that?
It cost 600 in Kindle edition
We can buy by paying half Price

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
79
0
nikhilp1 wrote:

I have hyper acidity problem as well, can’t sleep if I eat anything acidic. Firstly stop eating spicy not even green chillies. If use antacids you will have to take that for life. Try ayurveda. I feel better if I drink curd mixed with strawberry and sugar, I make strawberry syrup myself and preserve it for next 6 months in refrigerator. Eating very less or except rice/wheat looks good on paper but I never able to follow it. I have stopped eating all pulses except urad and moong. Try eating moong Dal khichadi one whole day and post result here. If you find any other remedy send it to me as well.

Did u gone through endoscopy examination? Or other test

Missing