As coronavirus cases surge in India, 40,000 ven...

As coronavirus cases surge in India, 40,000 ventilators for 1.3bn people a worry

81°
Missing
Deal Brigadier
9 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar

Guys, Please maintain social distancing, so we can reduce the burden on the system. Flatten the Curve.

Please note, Covid 19 if escalated, can do Irreversible Damage.

Missing
Critic

No wonder,in a nation where people vote on mandir,masjid & caste this is expected.

Missing
Entertainer

लोगो समझना चाहिए लोग तो मरे जा रहे है बाहर घूमने के लिए पागलो की जैसे कुछ समझ ही नही रहे है triumph triumph triumph triumph triumph triumph

Missing
Deal Major

Ventilators need is for moderate to critical cases (Age:60/70+… & Pre-exisiting)
// When Lungs gets filled up with bad cells (died because of virus) and not able to supply oxygen to the blood //
For now..these 40k may seem sufficient but considering the lack lusture health checks @ airports & quarantine, future is unprecticable

Missing
Critic
getready wrote:

Ventilators need is for moderate to critical cases (Age:60/70+… & Pre-exisiting)
// When Lungs gets filled up with bad cells (died because of virus) and not able to supply oxygen to the blood //
For now..these 40k may seem sufficient but considering the lack lusture health checks @ airports & quarantine, future is unprecticable

If you are among the extremely unlucky minority then even 20-30 age group may need them too.

Missing
Deal Newbie
getready wrote:

LOL , in my smart city only 2 ventilators .. one with private hosp other with govt .

Missing
Deal Major
Expand
saymyname78 wrote:

LOL , in my smart city only 2 ventilators .. one with private hosp other with govt .

In that case..demand to strip the “smart” tag from the so called city…

Edit: In my city, there are at least 300 ventilators (based on a recent article) in medical colleges and about 250+ in govt+private hospitals (majority might be in private ones)
So..if the need arises, the Hospitals that are treating COVID-19 patients should be provided with ventilators from the other sources for now (private hospitals, medical colleges…)
Also it seems like many hospitals are performing emergency surgeries(if they’re seriously doing it) which means there will be more ventilators available if the cases surge

Missing
Critic
Expand
getready wrote:

In that case..demand to strip the “smart” tag from the so called city…

Edit: In my city, there are at least 300 ventilators (based on a recent article) in medical colleges and about 250+ in govt+private hospitals (majority might be in private ones)
So..if the need arises, the Hospitals that are treating COVID-19 patients should be provided with ventilators from the other sources for now (private hospitals, medical colleges…)
Also it seems like many hospitals are performing emergency surgeries(if they’re seriously doing it) which means there will be more ventilators available if the cases surge

It is not like only coronavirus patients need ventilators or people are not requiring ventilator support for other surgeries,ailments & medical situations during this period. Unless production of ventilators is increased one can forget about anything other than https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ge

Missing
Deal Major
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

It is not like only coronavirus patients need ventilators or people are not requiring ventilator support for other surgeries,ailments & medical situations during this period. Unless production of ventilators is increased one can forget about anything other than https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ge

I guess i mentioned that too
Many hospitals are not doing elective surgeries for the same reason…Dental treatments almost stopped
The same reason why our PM wanted everyone to avoid Hospitals unless it is absolutely necessary
Yes..there is a need to increase production of ventilators / import them in bulk…but not exactly now (based on the published numbers by the government..if they are fake or wrong due to lack of wide-testing then god help us!) as i believe less than 2-3% of the total confirmed cases in our country were severe-critical needing ventilator support (about 30-40% die)

Missing