Axis bank Credit Card deducted Cheque Bounce Ch...

Axis bank Credit Card deducted Cheque Bounce Charges

156°
Yellow11 1256751 480x300 v1
Deal Subedar
75
1769
98

I made a purchase of more than 20,000 just before my bill generation date bill generated with that amount and order cancelled and refunded after 2-3 days and there was no due amount on my credit card instead more than 10000 surplus balance was there on my cc
But to my surprise Axis bank again tried to debit my savings account on due date and as my account had less than 20000 balance they charged me Rs.300 plus GST as payment bounce charges
I don’t understand logic behind this, never seen such a pathetic and worst bank

26 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
Babys%2001
Deal Subedar
105
1120
72

I guess auto debit facility will pay amount of bill generated without looking after credited amount later on…

May be experts can guide on it…

Missing
Deal Cadet
926
976
24

In many banks like ICICI, reversal of transaction does not count towards card payment.

4onrgc1
Deal Subedar
113
1093
36

no issues, talk to cc.. they vl revert

Download
Deal Subedar
153
2058
131

if refund is credited after bill generation, you have to pay the bill amount
refund will be part of next bill cycle

Bal ganesh
Deal Lieutenant
94
3868
49

I am also charged by HDFC and ICICI for auto debit return. I have already paid bills in advance hence did not keep balance for auto debit.
ICICI return charges are reasonable Rs50+GST but HDFC charges Rs450+GST
Never knew that even for auto debit return they charge because while setting up for auto debit these charges were not displayed else I would not have opted.

@drupal In your case you know that auto debit works based on last bill inputs.
So effectively u r charged for return payment like me, in my case too, I also paid bills before auto debit date which is nothing but due date

Missing
Deal Subedar
270
2825
37

never activate auto debit
deactivate if already activated

Yellow11 1256751 480x300 v1
Deal Subedar
75
1769
98
panchabhut wrote:

never activate auto debit
deactivate if already activated

Now they debited late payment fees as well oh my God what to do

Yellow11 1256751 480x300 v1
Deal Subedar
75
1769
98

Now they debited late payment fees and later they may debit interest also,

Missing
Deal Subedar
270
2825
37
Expand
drupal wrote:

Now they debited late payment fees as well oh my God what to do

cancel the card. would save you lot of trouble for future.

Missing
Deal Cadet
83
426
17

Talk to cc, they will reverse charges and cancel auto debit in future

1
Deal Lieutenant
251
4440
51
caks2006407 wrote:

I am also charged by HDFC and ICICI for auto debit return. I have already paid bills in advance hence did not keep balance for auto debit.
ICICI return charges are reasonable Rs50+GST but HDFC charges Rs450+GST
Never knew that even for auto debit return they charge because while setting up for auto debit these charges were not displayed else I would not have opted.

@drupal In your case you know that auto debit works based on last bill inputs.
So effectively u r charged for return payment like me, in my case too, I also paid bills before auto debit date which is nothing but due date

Did they reverse the charges or not? Throw some light.

Bal ganesh
Deal Lieutenant
94
3868
49
Expand
RockChap wrote:

Did they reverse the charges or not? Throw some light.

As advised by @A2Zdeals (Tq BTW) emailed them(HDFC) regarding charges and got a mechanical sort of reply where they also mentioned that auto return charges are not yet levied till that date(10/Jan), and now statement came(23/Jan) and happy to see ‘no’ auto return charges levied, I hope the matter is closed, or would they be charging in next month?? This auto debit return happened on 7/Jan
Did not pursue with ICICI

Missing
Deal Cadet
83
426
17

Also to be noted that i have gone through this condition many times,
u should at least make the minimum payment which is stated on your statement to avoid any charges

Yellow11 1256751 480x300 v1
Deal Subedar
75
1769
98
karanoshan wrote:

Also to be noted that i have gone through this condition many times,
u should at least make the minimum payment which is stated on your statement to avoid any charges

My minmum payment amount was minus -500..
How to pay this minus amount

Yellow11 1256751 480x300 v1
Deal Subedar
75
1769
98
makeourdeal wrote:

@drupal did they reverse both charges?

They refunded all charges from credit card
But Rs.250 + gst charges to savings account due to auto debit decline never refunded

Yellow11 1256751 480x300 v1
Deal Subedar
75
1769
98
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

As advised by @A2Zdeals (Tq BTW) emailed them(HDFC) regarding charges and got a mechanical sort of reply where they also mentioned that auto return charges are not yet levied till that date(10/Jan), and now statement came(23/Jan) and happy to see ‘no’ auto return charges levied, I hope the matter is closed, or would they be charging in next month?? This auto debit return happened on 7/Jan
Did not pursue with ICICI

Talk them on phone

Bal ganesh
Deal Lieutenant
94
3868
49

@drupal @panchabhut
AmazonPayICICI card:
Rs58K purchase on Amazon ‘cancelled’ on same day but bill generated next day has this amount. Now refunded(after bill generation). Due date is 5thNov.
Can I pay balance after after deducting this 58K? or should I pay as per bill generated?
Its huge amount(58K) which will lie in card if I pay. Your experience pls
ICICI clearly says in faqs
“Can I make the payment of amount due on card deducting the refund received from merchant?

Can I make the payment of amount due on card deducting the refund received from merchant?
The refund received from merchant is not considered as payments. Hence, request you to make the complete payment as per the statement and within due date.

The refund received will be adjusted with further transactions made on credit card."

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0
caks2006407 wrote:

@drupal @panchabhut
AmazonPayICICI card:
Rs58K purchase on Amazon ‘cancelled’ on same day but bill generated next day has this amount. Now refunded(after bill generation). Due date is 5thNov.
Can I pay balance after after deducting this 58K? or should I pay as per bill generated?
Its huge amount(58K) which will lie in card if I pay. Your experience pls
ICICI clearly says in faqs
“Can I make the payment of amount due on card deducting the refund received from merchant?

Can I make the payment of amount due on card deducting the refund received from merchant?
The refund received from merchant is not considered as payments. Hence, request you to make the complete payment as per the statement and within due date.

The refund received will be adjusted with further transactions made on credit card."

I also faced similar kind of problem for making transaction near to bill generation date.

I learnt a lesson – try to avoid transaction that u plan to convert to emi or if there are chances of cancellation in such cases I try to use other credit card which has different billing cycle

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
109
1051
36
Expand
zenithyadav wrote:

I also faced similar kind of problem for making transaction near to bill generation date.

I learnt a lesson – try to avoid transaction that u plan to convert to emi or if there are chances of cancellation in such cases I try to use other credit card which has different billing cycle

i always keep likely credit card bill amount in advance in auti debit account , for times like these.


and often pay it 5 days on advance manually.


even the Amazon pay emi.

Premam first look.jpg.image.784.410 1491053822386
Entertainer
1,414
25367
260
caks2006407 wrote:

@drupal @panchabhut
AmazonPayICICI card:
Rs58K purchase on Amazon ‘cancelled’ on same day but bill generated next day has this amount. Now refunded(after bill generation). Due date is 5thNov.
Can I pay balance after after deducting this 58K? or should I pay as per bill generated?
Its huge amount(58K) which will lie in card if I pay. Your experience pls
ICICI clearly says in faqs
“Can I make the payment of amount due on card deducting the refund received from merchant?

Can I make the payment of amount due on card deducting the refund received from merchant?
The refund received from merchant is not considered as payments. Hence, request you to make the complete payment as per the statement and within due date.

The refund received will be adjusted with further transactions made on credit card."

I think you just have to pay the minimum due amount. Let @A2Zdeals confirm though.

Babys%2001
Deal Subedar
105
1120
72
panchabhut wrote:

never activate auto debit
deactivate if already activated

How to deactivate auto debit in axis cc? Where to check or confirm about deactivation?

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
109
1051
36
Expand
drjpatwa wrote:

How to deactivate auto debit in axis cc? Where to check or confirm about deactivation?

via Axis mobile app
credit card
total control

but i suggest not to

if u forget there is interest plus cibil gets affected

Babys%2001
Deal Subedar
105
1120
72
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

via Axis mobile app
credit card
total control

but i suggest not to

if u forget there is interest plus cibil gets affected

Thanks. I usually pay 5-10 days in advance to avoid penalty…

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
109
1051
36
Expand
drjpatwa wrote:

Thanks. I usually pay 5-10 days in advance to avoid penalty…

+kg

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
109
1051
36
caks2006407 wrote:

@drupal @panchabhut
AmazonPayICICI card:
Rs58K purchase on Amazon ‘cancelled’ on same day but bill generated next day has this amount. Now refunded(after bill generation). Due date is 5thNov.
Can I pay balance after after deducting this 58K? or should I pay as per bill generated?
Its huge amount(58K) which will lie in card if I pay. Your experience pls
ICICI clearly says in faqs
“Can I make the payment of amount due on card deducting the refund received from merchant?

Can I make the payment of amount due on card deducting the refund received from merchant?
The refund received from merchant is not considered as payments. Hence, request you to make the complete payment as per the statement and within due date.

The refund received will be adjusted with further transactions made on credit card."

you have to pay bill amount generated as per statement.

there is no confusion.

Missing