Bank to pay you Rs 100 per day penalty for dela...

Bank to pay you Rs 100 per day penalty for delay in failed transaction beyond these limits

128°
Cropped1680217898
Deal Cadet
Bank to pay you Rs 100 per day penalty for delay in failed transaction beyond these limits

As per rules, your bank has to pay a penalty to you if it delays reversing debits of failed financial transfers from your account. Therefore, knowing the time allowed for reversal beyond which you can get compensation for different types of transactions such as failed cash withdrawals from ATMs, failed e-commerce payments etc is important.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/wealth/sav...

15 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
Missing
suspended

Where to file tell me I would be the next 24 hazarpati then 240*100=24000. My transaction failed at 4 th March at Merchants transaction. Till the data bank didn’t reverse.Amount is 1200 . Please tell me full process

Download
Shopping Friend
avion wrote:

Where to file tell me I would be the next 24 hazarpati then 240*100=24000. My transaction failed at 4 th March at Merchants transaction. Till the data bank didn’t reverse.Amount is 1200 . Please tell me full process

I dont think this law would have retrospective effect, penalties will only be payable on delays after the enactment and thats also not easy
Let someone give a first hand experience of this new thing, then would get a better idea

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
avion wrote:

it’s by default banks have to pay without demanding

you don’t have to anything

Cropped1680217898
Deal Cadet
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

it’s by default banks have to pay without demanding

you don’t have to anything

This is mentioned in link. @avion bro try
once talk to customer and tell this information. If they can’t, we can escalate to RBI. Not sure on how to escalate. Will let you know bro.

What if the bank does not pay attention to your complaint

If the bank does not respond to your complaints and does not pay you the penalty amount which you are liable to receive, then you can file a complaint with the bank. If the grievance remains unaddressed then you can escalate the complaint to RBI’s banking ombudsman. In case of digital transactions such as failed payments via mobile wallets, you can approach the digital ombudsman of the RBI to resolve the issue.

Missing
suspended
Expand
jaybro wrote:

This is mentioned in link. @avion bro try
once talk to customer and tell this information. If they can’t, we can escalate to RBI. Not sure on how to escalate. Will let you know bro.

What if the bank does not pay attention to your complaint

If the bank does not respond to your complaints and does not pay you the penalty amount which you are liable to receive, then you can file a complaint with the bank. If the grievance remains unaddressed then you can escalate the complaint to RBI’s banking ombudsman. In case of digital transactions such as failed payments via mobile wallets, you can approach the digital ombudsman of the RBI to resolve the issue.

I have complaint for 10 times or more but no satisfied reply. Also lodged complaint at consumer affair but no luck.

Missing
suspended
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

@avion you can lodge here

Area of operation Of BO? Kolkata is nearby so. Select Kolkata or What that mean?

Deal Subedar
Expand
avion wrote:

Area of operation Of BO? Kolkata is nearby so. Select Kolkata or What that mean?

yes

Missing
Deal Subedar

ICICI bank f****rs are sitting on my file with refund of Rs.2000 since more than 2 months. Branch executive is an id**t. Have told them(branch person and icici customer care) more than 10 times to close my file and refund the money. But I guess they don’t understand this language. It’s not the money but the time they wasted for which they have to pay.
Not free mentally for next few weeks and also am out of station but will take them to task for sure, especially that good for nothing liar bank execitive. rage

Deal Subedar
drsa478 wrote:

ICICI bank f****rs are sitting on my file with refund of Rs.2000 since more than 2 months. Branch executive is an id**t. Have told them(branch person and icici customer care) more than 10 times to close my file and refund the money. But I guess they don’t understand this language. It’s not the money but the time they wasted for which they have to pay.
Not free mentally for next few weeks and also am out of station but will take them to task for sure, especially that good for nothing liar bank execitive. rage

loan not sanctioned ?

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

loan not sanctioned ?

No. Online apllied for savings bank account with 2k money. They never completed the kyc as they claimed before i applied.
Then i asked the bank clerk/executive to close my application and pave way for the refund of the money i deposted with the application. But this f****r is lying right from the start.
‘Today i will do’
‘Call customer care, only they can do’
‘I have done it’
‘You never sent details’
‘I am doing’.
rage rage

Deal Subedar
Expand
drsa478 wrote:

No. Online apllied for savings bank account with 2k money. They never completed the kyc as they claimed before i applied.
Then i asked the bank clerk/executive to close my application and pave way for the refund of the money i deposted with the application. But this f****r is lying right from the start.
‘Today i will do’
‘Call customer care, only they can do’
‘I have done it’
‘You never sent details’
‘I am doing’.
rage rage

lodge online complaint through link provided

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

lodge online complaint through link provided

Yeah. Thinking of talking to the branch manager once, then will file a complaint to the banking ombudsman.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
Expand
drsa478 wrote:

Yeah. Thinking of talking to the branch manager once, then will file a complaint to the banking ombudsman.

take this on twitter

Missing