Best family scooter under Rs.70k ???

Best family scooter under Rs.70k ???

Vote up smileyx5
Score: 1 Votes: 1
Shiva
Deal Major
128
711
16006
135

Can you guys please suggest a scooter, i am buying for my family and specially for my dad….

Have not used a scooter till date(i mean never bought personally)

I am considering between Activa, Access and Jupiter…..
I am concerned with better suspension, brakes, mileage and better servicing.

TIA Desidime community https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

35 Comments  |  
18 Dimers
Break the bottle
Deal Captain
2
132
9336
53

My brother has Jupiter, it is good but I would say take a test drive of all vehicles and then decide. Access looks a little bit better compared to Jupiter in the longer run.

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
51
32
0

Jupiter is very good(better than activa in comfort)..im using it..but consider activa if you need better resale value and good service.. you wont get good milage for scooters anyways 40 to 50 in average traffic conditions

Shiva
Deal Major
128
711
16006
135
gambitrite wrote:

My brother has Jupiter, it is good but I would say take a test drive of all vehicles and then decide. Access looks a little bit better compared to Jupiter in the longer run.

@gambitrite @surya.psm260
Thank you guys for your suggestion, i am confused between Suzuki Access & Jupiter…

Have heard lot of complaints online against Access, however don’t know about 2016 all new access model….

Jupiter looks good but will it last long ?
Any personal experiences ?

Almost all online reviews look sponsored https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Break the bottle
Deal Captain
2
132
9336
53
Expand
Original wrote:

@gambitrite @surya.psm260
Thank you guys for your suggestion, i am confused between Suzuki Access & Jupiter…

Have heard lot of complaints online against Access, however don’t know about all new access model….

Jupiter looks good but will it last long ?
Any personal experiences ?

Completed around 12000kms in the Jupiter. One bad thing about the scooter is tyres. Already had 2 punctures and finally had to replace the back tyre as it had a huge cut which might have been dangerous. TVS tyres are the worst that I have come across…

Pake dheedh
Deal Cadet
0
71
492
18

Most of people will suggest u for activa, only benifit of activa is resale value, i ll suggest u to go for jupiter. I dont have any. But i have searched this topic for my friend. And he is happy with it.

Quote i have failed at times but i never stopped trying rahul dravid 92 90 95
Analyst
109
67
19426
160
Expand
Original wrote:

@gambitrite @surya.psm260
Thank you guys for your suggestion, i am confused between Suzuki Access & Jupiter…

Have heard lot of complaints online against Access, however don’t know about 2016 all new access model….

Jupiter looks good but will it last long ?
Any personal experiences ?

Almost all online reviews looks sponsored https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

I will suggest Jupiter but before that i will say don’t buy Access. My Uncle used it for 2 years and he had to sell it at the rate of scrap.

Dual survival cody lundin 2
Deal Captain
38
197
11738
122

Family Scooter, that’s sounds very funny.

How many family member’s you will feed in that scooter? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Shutterstock 1013504321
Deal Lieutenant
2
62
3564
39
Expand
GoogleCA wrote:

I will suggest Jupiter but before that i will say don’t buy Access. My Uncle used it for 2 years and he had to sell it at the rate of scrap.

So If anyone wants to Buy Second Hand then go for Access at Scrap Rate ?

Shiva
Deal Major
128
711
16006
135
Cody wrote:

Family Scooter, that’s sounds very funny.

How many family member’s you will feed in that scooter? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Jitne aa jayen https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/456919/medium/39483625ac297dc28b7414b365cf2e2f744b37f.jpg?1486301430

Shiva
Deal Major
128
711
16006
135
Expand
GoogleCA wrote:

I will suggest Jupiter but before that i will say don’t buy Access. My Uncle used it for 2 years and he had to sell it at the rate of scrap.

I was finalizing Access only, i think 2016 Access would be same https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif
Thanks for your input….

Hacker detected
Deal Subedar
0
80
2120
54

Activa is good ,
but Jupiter is also gud …

Dual survival cody lundin 2
Deal Captain
38
197
11738
122
Expand
Original wrote:

Jitne aa jayen https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/456919/medium/39483625ac297dc28b7414b365cf2e2f744b37f.jpg?1486301430

Go for Activa without any doubts, Activa 125 or Activa 3G

Preferred will be Activa 125

286 907
Deal Major
1
12
28388
182
Expand
Cody wrote:

Go for Activa without any doubts, Activa 125 or Activa 3G

Preferred will be Activa 125

let him wait for few more days, activa 4g will come.

Dual survival cody lundin 2
Deal Captain
38
197
11738
122
Expand
dealgraber wrote:

let him wait for few more days, activa 4g will come.

why 4G???? Jio has already launched 4G, let him wait for new technology 5G https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
53
116
1

Jupiter is competitive product no doubt because it has been launched by keeping the segment leader in mind (Activa).
But just by making better on paper does not always qualify for a better vehicle.
Activa is the best. I am saying this with certain belief & facts. Had been living different ways in last 7+ years with – 2 TVS Wego , 1 Jupiter & 2 Activa (3G & 125) in relatives & friends.
I have found 3G activa to be the best among all (even better than Activa 125 because of build quality)
Family Vehicle = Not just looks, but reliability & long life & mix of styling & other factors…
TVS – Spare part quality is not that great, had seen 1 Wego & 1 Jupiter having poor part quality- For example Rust in silenser of Wego & Jupiter after some 4 years & one has to change it no matter what. (Wego & Jupitor has same silencer btw)
The spares parts & quality of parts is also a point here – Honda spares are always better than that of TVS. Had seen multiple incidences of break wire being broken on applying breaks but rarely this has been seen in Activa.
There is a reason of High Resale Value = Old Vehicle on which a buyer can still trust & the vehicle which has proven record of long life , Activa (Honda parts/build quality is best in this case)
Rattling sound in a abused Activa is found way less, than in a Jupiter which is barely 3 year old.
Honda has a track record of improvement (obvious learning curve of model being in India since so many years) & now became a foolproof vehicle, Jupiter despite being new & relatively low quality parts by TVS is yet to achieve it.

Quote i have failed at times but i never stopped trying rahul dravid 92 90 95
Analyst
109
67
19426
160
Expand
bluewine wrote:

So If anyone wants to Buy Second Hand then go for Access at Scrap Rate ?

You can. You’ll more than scrap rate on it in an year

Geek
Tech Guru
0
401
6158
139
dealgraber wrote:

Plan which u need, https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif rating as below and https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif Confirm When you are leaving DD https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif @Navneet
1 Jupiter
2. Activa
3. Yamaha Ray
4 .Maestro
5. TVS Wego
6. Honda Dio
7. Access

https://www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/...

@cybertechie

I have test ridden a few of the scooters mentioned in your list and my choice would be either a TVS jupiter or Suzuki access.

1. Tvs jupiter :TVS jupiter’s Ride quality is excellent especially on bad roads. My biggest issue with outdated scooters ( Activa, Dio) etc is their old school suspension setup with tiny tyres. You will feel all the bumps on your spine. Due to tiny tyres, scooter such as Dio, Activa, Ray won’t feel planted and you would feel nervous on tight corners. Jupiter along with wego feels more like a motorcycle. There are a few other things that goes in favor of jupiter such as external fuel cap, pass light, decent headlights. It’s a VFM package. Another problem especially with Honda is terrible customer service during both sales and after sales service. They will treat you as though they are doing a favor by selling you one. TVS Jupiter is not a niggle free package. There are a few minor issues such as vibration at idle, low ground clearance. I have scrapped center stand a few times while riding over speed breakers.

I still can’t can’t fathom scores of people who choose Activa over a TVS jupiter. Herd mentality i guess.

2. Suzuki access: An excellent scooter. Very good suspension setup with gem of an engine. Pulls cleanly with no vibration . Just like Jupiter, handling is very good. You also get an optional disc brake which is nice to have if you ride at above average speeds. Only concern with Suzuki in general is poor service and lack of spare parts plus access would cost you 7-10k more than a Jupiter depending on the variant. If you want a powerful scooter which is fun to ride, Suzuki access is an excellent choice. If retro syling is your thing, look no further than Suzuki access. It looks excellent in white with those brown seats.

@Navneet

Geek
Tech Guru
0
401
6158
139
vinisini wrote:

Jupiter is competitive product no doubt because it has been launched by keeping the segment leader in mind (Activa).
But just by making better on paper does not always qualify for a better vehicle.
Activa is the best. I am saying this with certain belief & facts. Had been living different ways in last 7+ years with – 2 TVS Wego , 1 Jupiter & 2 Activa (3G & 125) in relatives & friends.
I have found 3G activa to be the best among all (even better than Activa 125 because of build quality)
Family Vehicle = Not just looks, but reliability & long life & mix of styling & other factors…
TVS – Spare part quality is not that great, had seen 1 Wego & 1 Jupiter having poor part quality- For example Rust in silenser of Wego & Jupiter after some 4 years & one has to change it no matter what. (Wego & Jupitor has same silencer btw)
The spares parts & quality of parts is also a point here – Honda spares are always better than that of TVS. Had seen multiple incidences of break wire being broken on applying breaks but rarely this has been seen in Activa.
There is a reason of High Resale Value = Old Vehicle on which a buyer can still trust & the vehicle which has proven record of long life , Activa (Honda parts/build quality is best in this case)
Rattling sound in a abused Activa is found way less, than in a Jupiter which is barely 3 year old.
Honda has a track record of improvement (obvious learning curve of model being in India since so many years) & now became a foolproof vehicle, Jupiter despite being new & relatively low quality parts by TVS is yet to achieve it.

Activa is an average scooter at best with a reliable engine, period! I agree with some of your points such as Reliable engines, quality of spare parts etc. But i still feel Tvs jupiter is a better scooter than Activa for below mentioned reasons :

1. Service : Honda service is so bad that i won’t even touch any of their scooters or motorcycles with a barge pole. I have owned a Honda motorcycle in the past and i know what i’m talking about. Walk into a Honda showroom to test ride a Activa, the more chances are that you would punch the sales person in the face rather then testing their scooter. I know i’m exaggerating but i believe you get the drift. Now coming to their after sales service, instead of servicing your bike/scooter, Honda would rather sell you those useless things such as tefloan coating, engine decarbonzation or engine oil additives. I still remember how a Honda service supervisor was forcing his customer to add engine oil additives on his new scooter which came in for first service.

2. Horrible suspension : I don’t understand why would Honda use a spring loaded suspension when competition has already moved to telescopic suspension. You could feel all the bumps and potholes on your spine.

3. Outdated features: We are in 2017 and Honda still uses those tiny 10 inch tyres without alloy wheels. There is no external fuel cap as well.

4. Quality of plastics : I’m sure Honda had decent quality of plastics in the past but the plastic quality on scooters sold by Honda these days are no better than competition.

Yes I agree with you on the engine part. Honda has a very smooth and reliable engine and that for me is the only positive of Honda Activa. But when you talk about a motorcycle/scooter, it is not just the engine that makes the difference. Overall package is what makes or breaks a motorcycle/scooter.

For anyone who is in two minds to choose between Honda Activa and TVS jupiter, my advice would be , take a back to back test ride on the same day and decide for yourself.

Quote i have failed at times but i never stopped trying rahul dravid 92 90 95
Analyst
109
67
19426
160
Expand
cybertechie wrote:

Activa is an average scooter at best with a reliable engine, period! I agree with some of your points such as Reliable engines, quality of spare parts etc. But i still feel Tvs jupiter is a better scooter than Activa for below mentioned reasons :

1. Service : Honda service is so bad that i won’t even touch any of their scooters or motorcycles with a barge pole. I have owned a Honda motorcycle in the past and i know what i’m talking about. Walk into a Honda showroom to test ride a Activa, the more chances are that you would punch the sales person in the face rather then testing their scooter. I know i’m exaggerating but i believe you get the drift. Now coming to their after sales service, instead of servicing your bike/scooter, Honda would rather sell you those useless things such as tefloan coating, engine decarbonzation or engine oil additives. I still remember how a Honda service supervisor was forcing his customer to add engine oil additives on his new scooter which came in for first service.

2. Horrible suspension : I don’t understand why would Honda use a spring loaded suspension when competition has already moved to telescopic suspension. You could feel all the bumps and potholes on your spine.

3. Outdated features: We are in 2017 and Honda still uses those tiny 10 inch tyres without alloy wheels. There is no external fuel cap as well.

4. Quality of plastics : I’m sure Honda had decent quality of plastics in the past but the plastic quality on scooters sold by Honda these days are no better than competition.

Yes I agree with you on the engine part. Honda has a very smooth and reliable engine and that for me is the only positive of Honda Activa. But when you talk about a motorcycle/scooter, it is not just the engine that makes the difference. Overall package is what makes or breaks a motorcycle/scooter.

For anyone who is in two minds to choose between Honda Activa and TVS jupiter, my advice would be , take a back to back test ride on the same day and decide for yourself.

I still remember when i needed carburettor for Activa and was told by one of the Top Managers for Spare parts of North Region to collect the part from their warehouse at Noida. Even the Service Centre confirmed that they had to visit Honda Warehouse at Noida to find & pick-up parts themselves. This happened somewhere around 2011. Honda has the worst before and after sales service. One of the Honda Dealer in city won’t give vehicle if it isn’t financed from their financers and their financers charge .50℅ extra interest rate than what is going on normally

Img 20170402 wa0018
Deal Captain
76
3,145
7752
183

Go with aviator

Shiva
Deal Major
128
711
16006
135
Expand
GoogleCA wrote:

I still remember when i needed carburettor for Activa and was told by one of the Top Managers for Spare parts of North Region to collect the part from their warehouse at Noida. Even the Service Centre confirmed that they had to visit Honda Warehouse at Noida to find & pick-up parts themselves. This happened somewhere around 2011. Honda has the worst before and after sales service. One of the Honda Dealer in city won’t give vehicle if it isn’t financed from their financers and their financers charge .50℅ extra interest rate than what is going on normally

I visited Honda showroom yesterday, they were least concerned with sales & to assist a new buyer, i left after then https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif

I was more inclined towards all new Suzuki access however now zeroed to Jupiter base model https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif

Thanks everyone for giving your worthy suggestions and important time https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Images %281%29
Deal Lieutenant
20
235
3374
45
Cody wrote:

Family Scooter, that’s sounds very funny.

How many family member’s you will feed in that scooter? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

@Navneet @cody
Isse scooter chahiye aur sab log ise scooty bata rahe h, Kya ho gaya h iss duniya ko.
It is just similar like when someone asked any male name and public said the female name. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Geek
Tech Guru
0
401
6158
139
Expand
GoogleCA wrote:

I still remember when i needed carburettor for Activa and was told by one of the Top Managers for Spare parts of North Region to collect the part from their warehouse at Noida. Even the Service Centre confirmed that they had to visit Honda Warehouse at Noida to find & pick-up parts themselves. This happened somewhere around 2011. Honda has the worst before and after sales service. One of the Honda Dealer in city won’t give vehicle if it isn’t financed from their financers and their financers charge .50℅ extra interest rate than what is going on normally

It didn’t take too long for the trusted Nokia to go down from number 1 position to an underdog. I’m sure Honda will meet similar fate in India unless someone from their management team decides to take customer service seriously. Forget about Activa, even people with litre class motorbikes costing > 10 lakhs are treated so shabbily.

Reminds me of an incident when one of friends went to buy a Honda scooter. The dealer refused to sell the vehicle unless he paid extra 5k for accessories.

Geek
Tech Guru
0
401
6158
139
Expand
Original wrote:

I was more inclined towards all new Suzuki access however now zeroed to Jupiter base model https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif

Good decision. I’m sure you will enjoy your ride.

Missing