BEWARE: Airtel DTH Fraud

BEWARE: Airtel DTH Fraud

116°
Tumblr n0xkuod0ho1r4xe7co1 400
Deal Lieutenant
602
6577
254

Airtel DTH has started new ways to loot its customers.
I had stopped using Airtel DTH and did not do any monthly recharge for 15 days.

After 15 days, I get a call from Airtel retention team that we are offering you a 6 month validity pack at a recharge of 798Rs and they mentioned the list of channels. I did the recharge and they activated the stated plan as mentioned on call.

Later after 2 days, I got a message stating that your plan has changed. I saw my airtel app and realised the balance has changes to -60Rs and no channels are working.

On calling Airtel, they are now stating that please provide us the call details and not even refunding my money.

Whereas it was clear that I received a call from Airtel and they only would access to update my account in the very first case.

This is extremely disappointing that a company like Airtel would do such things with its customers.

I have dropped an email to nodal team, though now will have to go through a painful follow up experience with them.

15 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
75pe
Deal Subedar
236
2804
33
rocker123 wrote:

Airtel DTH has started new ways to loot its customers.
I had stopped using Airtel DTH and did not do any monthly recharge for 15 days.

After 15 days, I get a call from Airtel retention team that we are offering you a 6 month validity pack at a recharge of 798Rs and they mentioned the list of channels. I did the recharge and they activated the stated plan as mentioned on call.

Later after 2 days, I got a message stating that your plan has changed. I saw my airtel app and realised the balance has changes to -60Rs and no channels are working.

On calling Airtel, they are now stating that please provide us the call details and not even refunding my money.

Whereas it was clear that I received a call from Airtel and they only would access to update my account in the very first case.

This is extremely disappointing that a company like Airtel would do such things with its customers.

I have dropped an email to nodal team, though now will have to go through a painful follow up experience with them.

Company like Airtel only can do this …

18157365 1092022577569460 9015892503473472591 n
Deal Subedar
122
1085
19

From where did you recharge?? If from their website app then Take those in hard copies either file case in district consumer forum or higher nodal officer. Don’t let them eat this money without some heavy penalty.

Tumblr n0xkuod0ho1r4xe7co1 400
Deal Lieutenant
602
6577
254
P_A_N_K_A_J wrote:

From where did you recharge?? If from their website app then Take those in hard copies either file case in district consumer forum or higher nodal officer. Don’t let them eat this money without some heavy penalty.

Yes, airtel app..
hmm.. will have to fight it out..
Lesson learnt.. never go for long term advance payment packs

Cropped254511418
Deal Cadet
530
364
7

Few days back I told cc to place my account in safe custody, they agreed & did what I told them. It was shocking to see that they have charged for 3 days even after safe custody. So called again & drilled them. Now they are refunding my 3 day’s charges.

Birthday
Deal Lieutenant
78
3801
186

I think in dictionary, Airtel means chor, theief, scam, fake, looting & so many… smile

Missing
Deal Subedar
194
1086
15

That’s why for DTH prefer offline recharge for long term plans they have option to revoke recharge…and they have their own customer care…but the problem today is most people recharge online and treat offline people as their enemy…

Tumblr n0xkuod0ho1r4xe7co1 400
Deal Lieutenant
602
6577
254

Update: Received a call from Airtel DTH customer experience, they heard my story and gave me a standard response that this is not the experience we intend to provide our customers, we will look into this matter and provide you the best resolution.
Standard response, though no resolution received.

Cropped 67832584
Deal Cadet
204
858
8

Bhai you have named a wrong company in your title , please make correction, its CHORTEL..
And if you use this word often even your far and near ones will get automatically alerted by instinct from the name itself, hence they will be saved from being looted by CHORTEL.

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
361
6
rajashankar wrote:

That’s why for DTH prefer offline recharge for long term plans they have option to revoke recharge…and they have their own customer care…but the problem today is most people recharge online and treat offline people as their enemy…

Who told you that offline retailer will allow you to cancel/revoke recharge ?

Dont waste my time
Deal Subedar
47
1436
33

I recharged for Rs. 1584 on January 28, 2019, which was supposed to give me one year validity on Bengali pack (as I am from WB). Everything was going well, until June, 2019. There was a new Delhi HC order that annual plans can’t be continued anymore as TRAI’s own new mandate in conflicting the annual plans. It was filed by the biggest cheaters in DTH industry, Tata Sky, and they won it. So that plan got cancelled and my new monthly plan was increased by more than 50 rupees per month. So I am now paying 185 rupees for the Bengali channels only, not a single other channel is there. Imagine this. Previously one could pay 251 rupees and get ALL sports HD and Bnegali HD channels and some other channels as well.

Then started airtel’s daily basis calling. These are the numbers I have blocked thus far- (91 33) 4054 0000, 4051 7900, 4051 7800, 4051 7400, 4054 4100 (91 40) 4712 1160. They would even call me before 9 am, disturbing my sleep with their stupid offers. One time I actually asked what is the offer, and they said some 285 rupees per month package which would give me Bengali channels and some other ghatiya Hindi channels and two sports channels (yeah TWO, probably DD Sports was one amongst them too). So basically they tried to activate a pack for which I would have had to pay Rs. 100 extra PM but in return get nothing basically. They also said this is a one-call-offer! I asked WTF is even that! They said if I don;t activate it within that call’s span the offer won’t be available for me anymore. I simply said a F and some other word and disconnected the call. Messaged airtel on twitter, to stop this clownish shit and they said within next 3 days they will activate DND on my number, LMFAO. Funny, even after they activated DND, these calls still came every morning and every afternoon. I would laugh, because all the nos. by then were blocked and they probably went out of nos. then.

I don’t blame airtel alone. Of course they are one of the biggest chors, everyone knows that. But this current DTH mess is created by TRAI. Some TS users, who are overly rich and paid like 800 rupees per month for less than 50 channels, got 10% benefit from this draconian new rule of TRAI and those chimps have started praising the new mandate. While all of us, the normal people, airtel DTH users especially (airtel DTH’s packages were the most economical out of any DTH player in the industry) got raped and murdered.

I would disconnect DTH right now if I didn’t have a senior citizen in my house. Things like this should never be supported. Emailing NODAL team is good, they do take action, but do tag them on twitter too, so that others can see.

Missing