Beware of Amazon order cancellation policy arou...

Beware of Amazon order cancellation policy around cashback

83°
Missing
Deal Newbie
54
30
0

Here is a scenario from recent Amazon sale.

1. Buy stuff worth 5000. As per offer you get 1000 amazon pay balance
2. You cancel the order for some reason

Here is what you would expect in an ideal scenario
1. Order is cancelled
2. Cashback is cancelled (taken back)
3. Money spent 5000 rupees refunded to source (credit card etc.)

As simple as that.

Here is what Amazon would do

1. Deduct amazon pay cashback of 1000 rupees from transaction amount of 5000
2. In this case 5000-1000=4000. Refund 4000 to your source (Credit Card etc.)
3. After cancellation your real cash of 1000 rupees gets converted to amazon pay balance
4. You are left with 4000 in source credit card and 1000 in amazon pay.

I don’t find it fair. Requested amazon customer care to revert and refund 5000 in full to credit card but they declined.

13 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
Images
Deal Cadet
138
579
9

This is the standard for all sites that provide cb. Any cb will be adjusted while refunding

Tenor %281%29
Deal Cadet
51
276
3
adrishya wrote:

This is the standard for all sites that provide cb. Any cb will be adjusted while refunding

agreed. This is standard.

Md 5a686577a583d%282%29
Deal Cadet
53
366
6

Take it to their Twitter account. This is really unfair

Missing
Deal Cadet
52
149
1

It’s not new ,it is been this way since amazon pay launch.

Untitled 1
Critic
494
4262
122
adrishya wrote:

This is the standard for all sites that provide cb. Any cb will be adjusted while refunding

Yep. This is standard. They have explained it very well with each offer along with examples. Maybe OP do not pay attention to the terms.

Download
Shopping Friend
1
28170
455

I think would be cumbersome for sites to refund back, usually banks charge some fee on that as well, so even the sites are legibly gaining something out of their loss

Missing
suspended
442
6318
77

I think OP wants to be compensated in some way… sad toungueout

Dp
suspended
50
258
2

@ OP, this is their standard procedure. However, if you escalate to their highest team over email, they might just give in and refund. There is no harm in trying…

At times, they may offer you some compensation against it. However, looking for compensation for every little thing is not right.

Missing
Deal Cadet
183
866
13

its a win win situation for amazon and they hedge their bets with this policy.

Pikachu
Deal Subedar
84
1049
42
adrishya wrote:

This is the standard for all sites that provide cb. Any cb will be adjusted while refunding

Amazon has come up with loving Amazon gift cards. (Even cashback is gift card). So asking them to lock and send that bank… Is a great initiative. But they won’t do it

Missing
Deal Newbie
54
30
0

Their cashback is restricted to theirs and their partners only. Also it comes with an expiry date of one year.
Is it fair get your real cash converted to such restricted and expiring cashback?

15ec882d723737c537ed6785a9cd5f5b
Perfectionist
3,183
60452
522
pkgin2002 wrote:

Their cashback is restricted to theirs and their partners only. Also it comes with an expiry date of one year.
Is it fair get your real cash converted to such restricted and expiring cashback?

To avoid this there are two options for them.

1. Keep cashback locked till return policy or give cashback after return policy – This also many users dont like, they want instant

2. Take back the cashback in case of refund
Then again if you would have used partial/full cashback amount in the meantime, leads to complications and is difficult to manage.

So this is the only choice

E2
Deal Cadet
70
386
5
Expand
avgn wrote:

To avoid this there are two options for them.

1. Keep cashback locked till return policy or give cashback after return policy – This also many users dont like, they want instant

2. Take back the cashback in case of refund
Then again if you would have used partial/full cashback amount in the meantime, leads to complications and is difficult to manage.

So this is the only choice

yep they should do like paytm., i mean cashback should be given at least after shipping the product, so if the seller don’t ship it we get the total money back to bank.

Missing