BSNL 4G is offering download speeds above 15Mbp...

BSNL 4G is offering download speeds above 15Mbps, now present in most of South and West India

191°
Missing
Deal Lieutenant
119
6580
113

BSNL 4G is offering download speeds above 15Mbps, now present in most of South and West India

BSNL is rapidly expanding its 4G network in several Indian states before commercially rolling out the service. Subscribers are reporting faster Internet speeds.

https://www.indiatoday.in/technology/news/story...

sunglasses
17 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
6,598
21774
259

The Download speed is around 25-40Mbps & Upload 6 Mbps.. where I tested it
Very impressive as of now (Less user base) https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/567075/original/Screenshot_2019-05-23-04-05-56-54_2.png?1558565260https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/567076/original/Screenshot_2019-05-23-04-08-23-80_2.png?1558565273

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4187
133
getready wrote:

The Download speed is around 25-40Mbps & Upload 6 Mbps.. where I tested it
Very impressive as of now (Less user base)

So lets keep it that way…

Less user base means, biggie bigger speeds..

Images
Shopping Friend
225
14164
176
getready wrote:

The Download speed is around 25-40Mbps & Upload 6 Mbps.. where I tested it
Very impressive as of now (Less user base)

Plans same as 3g?

Cropped240179392
Deal Subedar
814
1537
24
Expand
myliferockkss wrote:

Plans same as 3g?

Yeah

Missing
Deal Subedar
270
2819
37
harpreetsinghmaan638105 wrote:

Content has been removed!

My primary is Airtel postpaid. Then there is Jio, Voda and BSNL for fallback. But I think to access 4G you need a 4G enabled SIM, which can be had only if you are staying in one of those areas and would not be available for roaming persons.

Missing
Deal Cadet
91
226
2

Is BSNL 4G deployed in Bangalore/KA circle??

Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
6,598
21774
259
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

My primary is Airtel postpaid. Then there is Jio, Voda and BSNL for fallback. But I think to access 4G you need a 4G enabled SIM, which can be had only if you are staying in one of those areas and would not be available for roaming persons.

BSNL 4G is not available yet in Bengaluru but you can get the 4G sim from their exchanges

Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
6,598
21774
259
santosh_blr wrote:

Is BSNL 4G deployed in Bangalore/KA circle??

Not yet
Might take 6 more months easily, they’ve no idea when it will start
For now, they are charging 100rs for 4G sim. Might be free in the future for a short while

Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
6,598
21774
259
Expand
myliferockkss wrote:

Plans same as 3g?

Yep grin
Was able to download 1GB Game via PlayStore in about 5min
I had to make a short stop in kancheepuram on my way to Chennai and that is where I found 4G signals on my phone (I had no idea about this before)
There is no VoLTE yet, so it will be 2G for calls

I tested the speed during off-peak hours (4am to be precise) and the download speed was varying from 2.5 – 4 Mbps
Its almost 2x / 3x speed I get here in Bengaluru (Heavily Populated region) at 4am for BSNL 3G ( 1.2 – 1.5 Mbps )
So day time I get around 700Kbps – 1Mbps for BSNL 3G, with 4G expecting 1.5-2Mbps easily

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4187
133
Expand
getready wrote:

Yep grin
Was able to download 1GB Game via PlayStore in about 5min
I had to make a short stop in kancheepuram on my way to Chennai and that is where I found 4G signals on my phone (I had no idea about this before)
There is no VoLTE yet, so it will be 2G for calls

I tested the speed during off-peak hours (4am to be precise) and the download speed was varying from 2.5 – 4 Mbps
Its almost 2x / 3x speed I get here in Bengaluru (Heavily Populated region) at 4am for BSNL 3G ( 1.2 – 1.5 Mbps )
So day time I get around 700Kbps – 1Mbps for BSNL 3G, with 4G expecting 1.5-2Mbps easily

The problem with BSNL are not the speeds but their infrastructure seems konkey..

I can easily get 500Kbs in downloads.. But trying to read DD causes all kinds of problems. Many times it will even time out. Same with other web sites. If I am downloading, clicking on a link will cause speeds to go to 0 and crash.. In a few minutes it will start up again and then work.. The difference between unskilled labor and skilled..

Missing
suspended
50
20
0
getready wrote:

The Download speed is around 25-40Mbps & Upload 6 Mbps.. where I tested it
Very impressive as of now (Less user base) https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/567075/original/Screenshot_2019-05-23-04-05-56-54_2.png?1558565260https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/567076/original/Screenshot_2019-05-23-04-08-23-80_2.png?1558565273

is day speed similar, could you check?

Missing
Deal Cadet
138
729
30

I have the same issue with Airtel in Chennai. Pages time out, Speed goes to zero and crashes

Cropped2109712364
Deal Cadet
307
244
5
Expand
alienteck wrote:

The problem with BSNL are not the speeds but their infrastructure seems konkey..

I can easily get 500Kbs in downloads.. But trying to read DD causes all kinds of problems. Many times it will even time out. Same with other web sites. If I am downloading, clicking on a link will cause speeds to go to 0 and crash.. In a few minutes it will start up again and then work.. The difference between unskilled labor and skilled..

True

Images
Shopping Friend
225
14164
176
Expand
getready wrote:

Yep grin
Was able to download 1GB Game via PlayStore in about 5min
I had to make a short stop in kancheepuram on my way to Chennai and that is where I found 4G signals on my phone (I had no idea about this before)
There is no VoLTE yet, so it will be 2G for calls

I tested the speed during off-peak hours (4am to be precise) and the download speed was varying from 2.5 – 4 Mbps
Its almost 2x / 3x speed I get here in Bengaluru (Heavily Populated region) at 4am for BSNL 3G ( 1.2 – 1.5 Mbps )
So day time I get around 700Kbps – 1Mbps for BSNL 3G, with 4G expecting 1.5-2Mbps easily

Nice!! thats a loot 🙈🙈🙈

Images
Shopping Friend
225
14164
176

@getready Any jhol to get Karnataka 3G sim swapped with 4g in Maharashtra? stuck_out_tongue

Giphy
Deal Cadet
76
826
8

should I go with BSNL then ???
Planning for MNP from TATA Thokomo

Download
Shopping Friend
4
28176
458

Go for BSNL #BoycottJio (and others of course)
stuck_out_tongue New movement

Missing