BSNL Under Urgent Financial Distress, Sends Out...

BSNL Under Urgent Financial Distress, Sends Out Letter to Government Asking for Help

152°
Cropped483645689
Deal Lieutenant
220
4817
43

https://telecomtalk.info/bsnl-government-financ...

BSNL’s liabilities of employee salaries for the June month stand at Rs 13,000 crore

66% of BSNL’s revenue was spent on employee benefits, retirement benefit accruals and more

22 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
120
498
12

So what will happen with bsnl now??
Will it be closed? What will happen with account balance? Do i have to burden a huge loss? Can i survive without bsnl???

Ninja tune
Deal Cadet
155
789
11
aalemaaro339 wrote:

So what will happen with bsnl now??
Will it be closed? What will happen with account balance? Do i have to burden a huge loss? Can i survive without bsnl???

BSNL has to be shut down.
Mote Bhai imp ka hukum hai

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
198
4
Expand
nimod wrote:

BSNL has to be shut down.
Mote Bhai imp ka hukum hai

As if they were making profits all these years? Govt can’t keep pumping money into a dead entity. One of the worse managed psu’s, this is what happens when those adept to typewriters are given ipad’s.

Cropped197106562
Deal Cadet
108
925
18

@ganeshs8 Check this.

Missing
Deal Cadet
122
230
5
Expand
arunrush680 wrote:

As if they were making profits all these years? Govt can’t keep pumping money into a dead entity. One of the worse managed psu’s, this is what happens when those adept to typewriters are given ipad’s.

Get your fact clear,. Govt doesn’t pay for salaries of BSNL officials. Bsnl pays salary to its staff .

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
119
6580
113

ek din bolte hai – no salaries company will shut next day news comes all is well BSNL launching new plans govt working to save PSU’s

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
198
4
Expand
aftabz wrote:

Get your fact clear,. Govt doesn’t pay for salaries of BSNL officials. Bsnl pays salary to its staff .

BSNL has written to the government for immediate funding to continue operations, including paying Rs850 crore (over $122 million) worth of salaries in June.

Missing
Deal Cadet
122
230
5
Expand
arunrush680 wrote:

BSNL has written to the government for immediate funding to continue operations, including paying Rs850 crore (over $122 million) worth of salaries in June.

Govt owes money to BSNL for many different projects. It’s BSNL right to ask money back
Till now BSNL paid salary + all other costs from its pocket

Images
Moderator
268
14638
233
Expand
arunrush680 wrote:

As if they were making profits all these years? Govt can’t keep pumping money into a dead entity. One of the worse managed psu’s, this is what happens when those adept to typewriters are given ipad’s.

+1
Privatise BSNL 100%.

18157365 1092022577569460 9015892503473472591 n
Deal Subedar
122
1085
19

I’m waiting for closure. It’s still far away pensive

18157365 1092022577569460 9015892503473472591 n
Deal Subedar
122
1085
19
Expand
hese wrote:

+1
Privatise BSNL 100%.

Or giving it to Mota bhai. He can use the infrastructure (outdated) but still customer base and all other things. Will be best for everyone

Missing
Deal Cadet
122
230
5
Expand
P_A_N_K_A_J wrote:

Or giving it to Mota bhai. He can use the infrastructure (outdated) but still customer base and all other things. Will be best for everyone

So that Mota bhai can take more loans, first ask Mota bhai to pay back loan of nearly 1 lak crore 😀

Missing
Deal Cadet
57
266
1

Election over. Now hope of getting easy package is brim. Lets see how this unfold.

Dont waste my time
Deal Subedar
47
1436
33
Expand
aftabz wrote:

Govt owes money to BSNL for many different projects. It’s BSNL right to ask money back
Till now BSNL paid salary + all other costs from its pocket

Keeping my sheer hatred for BSNL lazy ass employees aside, I wonder how many people actually realise this FACT! Those who say awaiting closure of BSNL or give away assets to Reliance etc., do they even understand what they are talking about?

This entire nation’s internet infrastructure was built by BSNL over the years. The reason we have broadband internet in India is because of BSNL. Yes, those undersea cables might be old infrastructure but still that’s what laid the foundation. Even the mobile towers which Voda, airtel used to use was BSNL’s property (maybe still is, I don’t keep track any more).

Yes, their employees is the reason why that company has gone downhill over the years, but still, the insane amount of money BSNL is due from Indian government, they are legally, morally – basically in every way entitled to ask that.

BSNL should be revived no matter how much cost is involved. Obviously this utterly idiotic, corrupted and incompetent government will come up with plenty different ways to skip paying BSNL their rightful dues but meh that’s exactly what I expect from this govt.

PSB mergers. BSNL bankrupted. Really, these are your clues, these are literally the dots one should be able to connect to get the picture of what the hell actually has been going on in this nation for last few years, but of course kids and even matured adults nowadays are more interested to listen to someone’s speech to make their own imaginary case over the hard economical facts which are right before their eyes.

Good grief.

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
198
4
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

Keeping my sheer hatred for BSNL lazy ass employees aside, I wonder how many people actually realise this FACT! Those who say awaiting closure of BSNL or give away assets to Reliance etc., do they even understand what they are talking about?

This entire nation’s internet infrastructure was built by BSNL over the years. The reason we have broadband internet in India is because of BSNL. Yes, those undersea cables might be old infrastructure but still that’s what laid the foundation. Even the mobile towers which Voda, airtel used to use was BSNL’s property (maybe still is, I don’t keep track any more).

Yes, their employees is the reason why that company has gone downhill over the years, but still, the insane amount of money BSNL is due from Indian government, they are legally, morally – basically in every way entitled to ask that.

BSNL should be revived no matter how much cost is involved. Obviously this utterly idiotic, corrupted and incompetent government will come up with plenty different ways to skip paying BSNL their rightful dues but meh that’s exactly what I expect from this govt.

PSB mergers. BSNL bankrupted. Really, these are your clues, these are literally the dots one should be able to connect to get the picture of what the hell actually has been going on in this nation for last few years, but of course kids and even matured adults nowadays are more interested to listen to someone’s speech to make their own imaginary case over the hard economical facts which are right before their eyes.

Good grief.

BSNL has incurred losses of over 90000 crs in the last decade. 16000+Cr debts. 75-80% employee cost whereas pvt co’s pay just 5%.
I stay right next to a bsnl office in Bangalore which is HUGE with only employees loitering all day. A JTO who works there says ‘my job is just to check readings thrice a day(5 mins job)’. He runs his own real estate business too. Is this how psu’s are managed?

Dont waste my time
Deal Subedar
47
1436
33
Expand
arunrush680 wrote:

BSNL has incurred losses of over 90000 crs in the last decade. 16000+Cr debts. 75-80% employee cost whereas pvt co’s pay just 5%.
I stay right next to a bsnl office in Bangalore which is HUGE with only employees loitering all day. A JTO who works there says ‘my job is just to check readings thrice a day(5 mins job)’. He runs his own real estate business too. Is this how psu’s are managed?

I live 1.5 kms away from our local BSNL office, where I’ve been on multiple occasions over past few years, be it to pay landline bill or to lodge a complaint because my broadband was slow and all, and the picture was same there. A big ass building, where they all were loitering about; like they were actually paid to do that. The JTO you speak of, or maybe it was some other high-ranking official, can never remember these designations anyway, post a complaint lodged by me, would come to my residence in person, along with his 2 or 3 tech engineers who would actually try to fix the problem, while that JTO would stand in our garden and observe our guava and papaya tree and talk about that with my father, whether these taste good and basically coming to the underlying intention of whether he can take one or two or not eventually, LMAO.

Then again, I go to the nearest UCO Bank, and see their employees either drinking tea or playing Candy Crush or Doodle Jump, again, with full attention like they are actually paid to do that.

So I stopped judging, especially differentiating the public sector employees of different areas. They are all almost the same, BSNL is nothing special in this regard.

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
198
4
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

I live 1.5 kms away from our local BSNL office, where I’ve been on multiple occasions over past few years, be it to pay landline bill or to lodge a complaint because my broadband was slow and all, and the picture was same there. A big ass building, where they all were loitering about; like they were actually paid to do that. The JTO you speak of, or maybe it was some other high-ranking official, can never remember these designations anyway, post a complaint lodged by me, would come to my residence in person, along with his 2 or 3 tech engineers who would actually try to fix the problem, while that JTO would stand in our garden and observe our guava and papaya tree and talk about that with my father, whether these taste good and basically coming to the underlying intention of whether he can take one or two or not eventually, LMAO.

Then again, I go to the nearest UCO Bank, and see their employees either drinking tea or playing Candy Crush or Doodle Jump, again, with full attention like they are actually paid to do that.

So I stopped judging, especially differentiating the public sector employees of different areas. They are all almost the same, BSNL is nothing special in this regard.

The bsnl office near my home is a 2acre property in the heart of city. I’ve never seen people coming to even pay their bills. Recently they had a banner of their new product ‘wings’ only for a few days. Later when I asked the jto said we knew the plan wouldn’t be successful, ppl prefer pvt co’s. You just can’t blame the govt all the time, psu’s like Hal have unions which are feared by top management. They do 0 work all day.

Missing
Deal Cadet
122
230
5
Expand
arunrush680 wrote:

The bsnl office near my home is a 2acre property in the heart of city. I’ve never seen people coming to even pay their bills. Recently they had a banner of their new product ‘wings’ only for a few days. Later when I asked the jto said we knew the plan wouldn’t be successful, ppl prefer pvt co’s. You just can’t blame the govt all the time, psu’s like Hal have unions which are feared by top management. They do 0 work all day.

Whatever you say that might be correct. But have ever been to villages , if there is bank running it’s just because of BSNL, from last 2 years private players are telling they start ftth services , but still not started. That also in big cities. Who will give connection to villages..

Yes the old employees of BSNL who knows nothing are the main problem for the growth of company.
But in my opinion BSNL should stay in market.

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
198
4
Expand
aftabz wrote:

Whatever you say that might be correct. But have ever been to villages , if there is bank running it’s just because of BSNL, from last 2 years private players are telling they start ftth services , but still not started. That also in big cities. Who will give connection to villages..

Yes the old employees of BSNL who knows nothing are the main problem for the growth of company.
But in my opinion BSNL should stay in market.

People are not asking the govt to abruptly close bsnl, they don’t need 1.75 lakh employees. Let them scale down their operations where it’s not profitable,introduce performance based incentives/promotion, encourage voluntary retirement scheme so it doesn’t spoil their livelihood, sell their prime properties to cut down losses & debts. Wont last long if it continues to operate the way it is doing now. End of the day it’s the taxpayers who’ll have to bear the burden.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
119
6580
113
Expand
arunrush680 wrote:

BSNL has incurred losses of over 90000 crs in the last decade. 16000+Cr debts. 75-80% employee cost whereas pvt co’s pay just 5%.
I stay right next to a bsnl office in Bangalore which is HUGE with only employees loitering all day. A JTO who works there says ‘my job is just to check readings thrice a day(5 mins job)’. He runs his own real estate business too. Is this how psu’s are managed?

even some of the MTNL employees in Mumbai say we just come to office for the sake of coming the phone surrender fellow says we hardly have any work here… confused

Cropped483645689
Deal Lieutenant
220
4817
43

BSNL , employees ka jawab nahi joy joy .
Ek bar BSNL office me
sim card ko Airtel se BSNL me port karne Gaya tha to   us bande ko 45 minutes ka time laga tha. Sim card ka port process me . Jo ki real me 5 minutes ka kaam hai .

Missing