Hot Deal

Can we pay HDFC credit card bill using 500/1000 notes??

309°
Deal Lieutenant
bookface

Can we pay HDFC credit card bill using 500/1000 notes??

500s are accepted at electricity bill, water bill, tax etc so are banks allowing us to pay credit card bills too using 500 notes?

@hese @DealSeeker @saymyname @Achilles @Magus

16 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Critic Critic
Link Copied

I don’t see any reason for them to deny. It’s going to be accounted anyway.

Perfectionist Perfectionist
Link Copied

@bookface Yes. But your bank/card might have some extra charges for cash-deposits. Moreover, all cash deposits of 50K or more do require PAN card even for credit card payments.

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied

@bookface I dont think so. I am getting msgs from Vodafone to pay bills online only. As they are not accepting bill payments with 500/1000 Rs Note.

Same goes with HDFC Credit Card. I think !

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
@Magus wrote:

I don’t see any reason for them to deny. It’s going to be accounted anyway.

Cc is not one of the exempted categories allowed to accept Specified notes,
That should be deposited in bank only for your account.

Moreover, if someone can show the credit against cc account he can easily show the credit in cc too.
What’s the diffwrence., except ?

Cc or bankers will collect the funds at your home if you r Mallya !?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
@DealSeeker wrote:

@bookface Yes. But your bank/card might have some extra charges for cash-deposits. Moreover, all cash deposits of 50K or more do require PAN card even for credit card payments.

Fr cc payments…. no matter wht the amt is…. thy ask fr PAN card…. frm my exp wid Indus…..

Link Copied

U can pay but you will have to stand in long queue.

Link Copied

I don’t think they will accept it directly as ccard payment alone without any linking… If you have a bank acct, it may be routed thru it or it will be treated as a cash deposit (which will appear in the efiling site later).

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
@DealSeeker wrote:

I have only 25k bill. I can deposit in bank and pay using netbanking but just wanted to know if there’s another way around.

Dimer Of The Year 2012 Dimer Of The Year 2012
Link Copied
@bookface wrote:

@DealSeeker wrote:

I have only 25k bill. I can deposit in bank and pay using netbanking but just wanted to know if there’s another way around.

Better do that

Link Copied
@heisnotdifferent196 wrote:

@DealSeeker wrote:

Fr cc payments…. no matter wht the amt is…. thy ask fr PAN card…. frm my exp wid Indus…..

I have rarely made cash payments to my credit cards, but Citi has never asked for PAN card when I did. Heck, I even made three consecutive payments of 49K once and they still didn’t.

Let’s keep in mind that all payments (cumulative) above a certain limit (whether cash or bank transfers) do get reported by credit card banks under the AIR to the ITD.

Link Copied
@bookface wrote:

@DealSeeker wrote:

Well, there would be no difference in your experience with depositing cash whether you make the deposit to your bank account or to your credit card directly — the queue would still be there. So, yes, depositing first to your bank account seems like a better idea to avoid any unforeseen charges.

You can always check the T&Cs for your credit card to find out whether there is any cash deposit charge and then act accordingly.

Link Copied
@bookface wrote:

@DealSeeker wrote:

If you have an un-accounted money yes you should go this way and deposit to your cc in cash as cc transactions are not getting reported by bank to itr as they act as loan accounts.

Recently banks are seeing NPA accounts getting activated and money being returned. This is because it is unaccounted money and they can’t deposit in CA or SA

If this would had been done when mallya was here, it would have really helped banks to get back the money.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

अब तो लगता है इंकम टैक्स (आयकर) विभाग में हवलदार लगना ही पड़ेगा। 😎😎😎

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
@19 Female Gurgaon wrote:

अब तो लगता है इंकम टैक्स (आयकर) विभाग में हवलदार लगना ही पड़ेगा। 😎😎😎

we have Deal Inspector here

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

credit card is also an account. there is no restrictions to deposit to accounts. normally your PAN is already mapped to the cc account.,

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Yes we can pay the old 500 and 1000 rupees notes to citi bank credit card payment
Important Notification
Please note:
You can visit any of our branches with valid photo ID proof for depositing your old INR 500 and INR 1000 notes till 30th December, 2016.
You can also withdraw money at our branches up to INR 24000 per week and at ATMs up to INR 2500 per day, subject to an overall cap of INR 24000 per week.
There are no restrictions on any kind of non-cash payments by cheques, demand drafts, debit or credit cards and electronic fund transfer.
You can pay your Credit Card and Loan dues by using your old INR 500 and INR 1000 notes till 30th December, 2016. Cash deposits to the Citi credit card or loan, over INR 50000, will only be accepted up to the credit limit or outstanding amount, of the card or the loan. All these deposits are subject to the usual reporting, as well. Fees and Charges on credit card payments apply.
https://www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/Standa...

replyuser
Click here to reply