[CC fraud] SCB credit card charged in VND. Beaw...

[CC fraud] SCB credit card charged in VND. Beaware of E-Batua

Vote up smileyx5
Score: 6 Votes: 6
Avatar29868 1
Deal Cadet
0
51
260
14

I have stadrad chartered super value credit card. 2 hours back it got charged for 16000064 VND (44000 INR) @ facebk *xxxxxx.

Blocked the CC. But dispute is not filed. cust care told to wait 24-48 H to raise the dispute as merchant will take that much time to confirm it. Do I really need to wait till the merchant confirmation to raise the dispute?

I used this card only in amazon, grofers, Abhi Bus & E-batua.
I think E-batua is the culprit as we have to enter the card details in their app before going to PayU payment gateway. But there is one more option to directly go to PaUMoney gateway

What precautions we can take to avoid it?

Credit/Debit Card usage guidelines
1. Never save card details in any site. Remove auto saved ones
2. Disable international transactions / Lower the limit of international transactions
3. If option is there then always enter your card details in payment gateway
4. If card account provides VCC use it.

Any other suggestions?

@DealSeeker, @A2Zdeals, @enapster, @hiteshparmar.007104 @GoogleCA, @Tejaa, @companion, @deals44u, @axc, @mayank21712, @thunderguy, @bookface, @dhaval0910, @raghupro, @Win7Ult, @Win7Ult, @Spock, @Paisa_de, @Plato, @rajrocks, @sANyAmG, @esakkiraja, @rpal

PS.
I saved my CC only in Abhibus

Transaction dates (Made only 1 transaction in all online sites)
Abhi bus – 05-05-2017
E-Batua – 19-06-2017
Grofers – 09-07-2017

33 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
Tumblr nfaqajuvfr1tgz4rco1 500
Deal Lieutenant
26
0
6088
71

How can we limit international transaction limit on the card? I have never seen such feature on either my ICICI card or Citibank card.

Sad to hear such stories, very difficult to trust new websites lately. Hope you get your money reverted.

B4e8bef6 672f 4289 873c ec8c9357627d edited
Critic
4
1
4204
84

@BaMbU You will have to wait till it appears in your unbilled transactions. You got the notification for payment authorization.

Family in hand %28good%29
Deal Subedar
0
209
1214
24

Unfortunate and dangerous… https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

True that best protection would be to not use card at all on unknown sites, and not save on ANY site. However, practically, we (me included) do keep saving cards most of the time, especially on sites where we do regular shopping!

Reason-Mainly for convenience, but also supported by faith that companies involved in the financial txn / payment process must have been taking adequate precautions…So personally, I think its ultimately about maintaining a safe balance between safety vs convenience and requirement to do txns => On high trust sites like Amazon, Flipkart, may be we can save details w/o much concern, but on new or least trust sites, we can and should avoid saving this info…

Despite this, we are all exposing our selves to risks (incl frauds, hacking of sites, password thefts) by very activity and its nature… if one is hyper sensitive, one may carry less risk…we differ in risk aversion or risk appetite… So let’s just all basic precautions-and a little more, and couple it with following ‘best practices for doing financial txns on internet or even offline’, and we should be fine 99.9% of the time…..?

Images %288%29
Deal Cadet
10
27
774
2

thank you your post is useful will not use ebatua like website

Hacker detected
Deal Subedar
0
80
2120
54

bro it is not necessary that e-batua might be the culprit ,
it may be possible that e-batua had a weak security and the hackers obtained the cc details through their site .

 20170305 121502
Deal Subedar
0
58
2000
32

Wat about otp ?

Sachin tendulkar1
Deal Subedar
3
137
1868
30

https://www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/... – Already i discussed this here. Credit cards are stolen from some gateway and they are using it for fraudulent purchases. I request you to contact the bank once again and report it . you cannot go by what they say as your main priority is to report it and one cannot wait for 48 hours since merchant will claim the amount. Same thing happened in my case and i reported it immediately. It will take anytime between 45-60 days to resolve the issue. Moreover report this to facebook here https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/649167531... @BaMbU

E-Batua App: Refer & Earn-Free Rs.20 Bank Cash Per Referral – Never ever trust these kind of deals for the sake of giving them your aadhar number or your card details.

I do suspect E-batua since you just clear your cache in the app and try to login. It will not allow you to login https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif Just to collect the details, they played us smart….. All report this app in playstore.

@DealSeeker
@A2Zdeals
@axc
@mayank21712
@thunderguy
@Tejaa
@bookface
@companion
@dhaval0910
@GoogleCA
@enapster

Avatar29868 1
Deal Cadet
0
51
260
14
hackerboys wrote:

bro it is not necessary that e-batua might be the culprit ,
it may be possible that e-batua had a weak security and the hackers obtained the cc details through their site .

I meant the same bro https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Avatar29868 1
Deal Cadet
0
51
260
14
deals44u wrote:

https://www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/... – Already i discussed this here. Credit cards are stolen from some gateway and they are using it for fraudulent purchases. I request you to contact the bank once again and report it . you cannot go by what they say as your main priority is to report it and one cannot wait for 48 hours since merchant will claim the amount. Same thing happened in my case and i reported it immediately. It will take anytime between 45-60 days to resolve the issue. Moreover report this to facebook here https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/649167531... @BaMbU

E-Batua App: Refer & Earn-Free Rs.20 Bank Cash Per Referral – Never ever trust these kind of deals for the sake of giving them your aadhar number or your card details.

I do suspect E-batua since you just clear your cache in the app and try to login. It will not allow you to login https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif Just to collect the details, they played us smart….. All report this app in playstore.

@DealSeeker
@A2Zdeals
@axc
@mayank21712
@thunderguy
@Tejaa
@bookface
@companion
@dhaval0910
@GoogleCA
@enapster

I doubt E-batua directly involved in it. Due to their weak security measures data might got hacked. Thanks for the FB link

Sachin tendulkar1
Deal Subedar
3
137
1868
30
Expand
BaMbU wrote:

I doubt E-batua directly involved in it. Due to their weak security measures data might got hacked. Thanks for the FB link

I don’t recognise a charge or I was overcharged is the option you need to choose on FB. you would have got some 10 Digits code. Put that code there so that they can block the fraudster.

Bro, i will not blame payumoney as all my other cards are safe and i used payumoney for other site transactions too. e-batua was involved in this definitely since whoever used this site on June for transactions got their data stolen and misused.

Missing
Deal Cadet
2
127
996
12

Don’t fall for these apps for 10-20rs.. Always ensure you are using a payment gateway for transactions.. Better safe than sorry..

Avatar29868 1
Deal Cadet
0
51
260
14
mayank21712 wrote:

Don’t fall for these apps for 10-20rs.. Always ensure you are using a payment gateway for transactions.. Better safe than sorry..

Not for 20. I tried it for greater cause https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Sachin tendulkar1
Deal Subedar
3
137
1868
30
Expand
BaMbU wrote:

Not for 20. I tried it for greater cause https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Thanks for contacting Facebook. We appreciate your patience.

Keeping your personal and financial information safe is our priority. I’ve investigated these charges and believe your account has been compromised. I’ve refunded all fraudulent purchases back to the original source. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refunded purchases to appear in your account.

The next time you log into Facebook, you’ll notice some steps to help you secure your account. This ensures that no one else will have access to your profile.

In addition to following these steps next time you log in, please take the following security measures:

- Never click suspicious links
- Pick a unique, strong password
- Never give out your email address or password
- Only log in at www.facebo...om
- Update your browser
- Run anti-virus software

Learn more about keeping your account safe: https://www.facebook.com/help/securitytips?...cr

If you continue to have security issues, let us know and I’ll investigate further. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,

Anni

Avatar29868 1
Deal Cadet
0
51
260
14
Expand
deals44u wrote:

Thanks for contacting Facebook. We appreciate your patience.

Keeping your personal and financial information safe is our priority. I’ve investigated these charges and believe your account has been compromised. I’ve refunded all fraudulent purchases back to the original source. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refunded purchases to appear in your account.

The next time you log into Facebook, you’ll notice some steps to help you secure your account. This ensures that no one else will have access to your profile.

In addition to following these steps next time you log in, please take the following security measures:

- Never click suspicious links
- Pick a unique, strong password
- Never give out your email address or password
- Only log in at www.facebo...om
- Update your browser
- Run anti-virus software

Learn more about keeping your account safe: https://www.facebook.com/help/securitytips?...cr

If you continue to have security issues, let us know and I’ll investigate further. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,

Anni

Somehow I missed your tag. I tried to raise the complaint. But it was showing ‘no advertising account’. Any idea?

Sachin tendulkar1
Deal Subedar
3
137
1868
30
Expand
BaMbU wrote:

Somehow I missed your tag. I tried to raise the complaint. But it was showing ‘no advertising account’. Any idea?

Just create a simple advertising account and then tell them that this charge doesnt belong to you.

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
53
200
2

Just email them and clearly tell them you have not made this transaction and hence you are not going to pay for it. wait for them to reply. they will send you an upgraded card.

Avatar29868 1
Deal Cadet
0
51
260
14
ymind13 wrote:

Just email them and clearly tell them you have not made this transaction and hence you are not going to pay for it. wait for them to reply. they will send you an upgraded card.

Is it? @DealSeeker

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
52
92
1

In scb online banking, i sent an email asking to block international transactions. They said it cannot be done and asking for the international tramsaction to raise dispute.

Avatar29868 1
Deal Cadet
0
51
260
14
shariffbasha wrote:

In scb online banking, i sent an email asking to block international transactions. They said it cannot be done and asking for the international tramsaction to raise dispute.

yes. there is no option to disable international transactions

Avatar29868 1
Deal Cadet
0
51
260
14

Money refunded by facebook https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif. thanks @deals44u. But ~140 rs not refunded. Any idea, how can we get back them?

Sachin tendulkar1
Deal Subedar
3
137
1868
30
BaMbU wrote:

Money refunded by facebook https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif. thanks @deals44u. But ~140 rs not refunded. Any idea, how can we get back them?

yes that 140 Rs is the fluctuation charge for $ which you cannot overturn. Anyways 140 rs is okay when you compare to the huge sum https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Avatar29868 1
Deal Cadet
0
51
260
14
Expand
deals44u wrote:

yes that 140 Rs is the fluctuation charge for $ which you cannot overturn. Anyways 140 rs is okay when you compare to the huge sum https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

That means if $ price was more we would have got more refund https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Sachin tendulkar1
Deal Subedar
3
137
1868
30
Expand
BaMbU wrote:

That means if $ price was more we would have got more refund https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

yes you are absolutely right.

Avatar29868 1
Deal Cadet
0
51
260
14
Expand
deals44u wrote:

yes that 140 Rs is the fluctuation charge for $ which you cannot overturn. Anyways 140 rs is okay when you compare to the huge sum https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

SCB has credited the 136 rs difference amount https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_surprised.gif

Sachin tendulkar1
Deal Subedar
3
137
1868
30
Expand
BaMbU wrote:

SCB has credited the 136 rs difference amount https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_surprised.gif

Then too there is a difference of 4 Rs https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif thank SCB since Kotak asked me to raise another dispute for it.
Useless to the core is kotak as they dont have proper customer service at all.

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
63
130
1

@BaMbU @deals44u Recently I have also been a victim of this facebook ad transaction. I visited the facebook link shared by you but there is no option of “I don’t recognize this transaction or I was overcharged” option in that menu. Please revisit the link and help guys.

Sachin tendulkar1
Deal Subedar
3
137
1868
30
nandzy wrote:

@BaMbU @deals44u Recently I have also been a victim of this facebook ad transaction. I visited the facebook link shared by you but there is no option of “I don’t recognize this transaction or I was overcharged” option in that menu. Please revisit the link and help guys.

Pls see the PM what i have mentioned.

Missing