Cheater Zomato

Cheater Zomato

91°
Missing
Deal Newbie
70
35
0

Guys, this is to bring into the notice how zomato is fooling around the customers. Just try and compare prices of restaurant food items versus swiggy. I checked it for a couple of restaurants – Tick-eat, mulund west and Family tree, Mulund west and noticed that the price of all food item were inflated by Rs 20 to Rs 40. Applying coupons doesn’t count at the end when they are overcharging in comparison to food aggregator like swiggy.

14 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
Cropped 67832584
Deal Cadet
204
847
8
stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

All are almost same.
I too noticed this , just to check online food delivery pricing.and found prices inflated .

Tumblr nfaqajuvfr1tgz4rco1 500
Deal Captain
0
8112
89

This is what happens when the food delivery partners keep charging 30% as their fee for providing the service. Restaurants are left with hardly any margins for themselves.

PS: still no clue why the menu pricing differs between swiggy and zomato for the restaurants you are talking about.

Giphy
Deal Cadet
76
826
8

bro all food delivery apps have same rates with slight difference only
I compared the rates and found sometimes you will get cheap food in swiggy and sometimes in zomato etc.
and it also depends on the offers which they provde

Missing
Deal Newbie
51
62
1

I have stopped using zomato now. many restaurant prices are high in Zomato than swiggy & actual restaurant price. Like here biryani price is 125 in swiggy but 160 in zomato..also u get free delivery in swiggy if u are super else Rs 10 but zomato charges Rs10- 20 for delivery

46518697 2469454063095338 7352322572903514112 o
Deal Subedar
0
2119
81

After all they have sponsored RCB toungueout
This is how everyone makes money mahn…
I bought evening snacks from a place nearby me via swiggy and the cart total was 200rs then i had one 100rs off code used that so my bill was 100rs and finally used my mobi sc to get that for free yesterday evening.

Only if i get some good discounts i order something.

Images
Deal Lieutenant
16
5024
65

Op,Zomato is not running any Charity it’s all about “BUSINESS” n it’s not called CHEATING if u don’t like better stay away n look for other alternative…

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
361
6
chetanc12 wrote:

Op,Zomato is not running any Charity it’s all about “BUSINESS” n it’s not called CHEATING if u don’t like better stay away n look for other alternative…

I agree with your point about not using zomato services. However charging more for same food is unethical (not sure if it’s illegal or not). People should not use these food delivery service when they can not guarantee quality control.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0
chetanc12 wrote:

Op,Zomato is not running any Charity it’s all about “BUSINESS” n it’s not called CHEATING if u don’t like better stay away n look for other alternative…

There is something called business ethics. Better study about it

Images
Deal Lieutenant
16
5024
65
Expand
farsinm457952 wrote:

There is something called business ethics. Better study about it

Y I need to study it? anyway what ethics ur talking off?? U want free food 365 days r u want LOOT offers everyday??

If u don’t like there service better stay away from n they have no problem with that as they already making hell heck of money…

Missing
Deal Cadet
31
939
12

Restaurant are free to define there own pricing.
Zomota / Swiggy / Uber eat charge 15 to 25% of bill amount as commission, so Restaurant just to compensate themself and make sure they are not at loss, they inflate the pricing.

Similar goes with hotel industry. You walk in & bargain you may get good discount. Does that mean goibibo / mmt / yatra or any OTA are offering discount but showing inflated price, so are they doing cheating by selling at inflated price?

Images
Deal Lieutenant
16
5024
65
Expand
DaBomb wrote:

I agree with your point about not using zomato services. However charging more for same food is unethical (not sure if it’s illegal or not). People should not use these food delivery service when they can not guarantee quality control.

Is it people r u don’t like service??

Till now I haven’t had single pblm with there service when it comes to charging for food it will always differ from one to another it doesn’t mean unethical..

Anyway y ur still using when u Don’t like ? Better MOVE on..

Tumblr nfaqajuvfr1tgz4rco1 500
Deal Captain
0
8112
89

First things first. Zomato or Swiggy has no control on what pricing the restaurant sets on the platform, it’s up to the restaurant.

Second thing, compared to restaurant dine-in prices are higher on Swiggy, Zomato etc. This is more noticeable over the past 8 to 10 months or so after the GST changes made for the restaurant industry.

We used to shell out 18% GST on food we have at restaurants before (28% for star hotels) and restaurants were also allowed for input tax credit. The food delivery platforms apart from charging 25% to 28% as their commission on the bill they also charge 18% GST on the commission amount. Restaurants before had an option to take this 18% GST paid to delivery platforms as input tax credit but now that the government reduced the GST to 5% for restaurants and removed provision of input tax credit the 18% GST paid to delivery platforms is an additional burden to the restaurants. To accommodate this extra burden they are being forced to increase the pricing on food delivery platforms compared to what they offer in the restaurant.

The platforms actually have a strict policy to not allow restaurants to have variable pricing but because of this GST complexity even they are turning to be lenient for now. These platforms all together have been appealing to the ministry to allow them to bill 5% GST as well on the services being provided to restaurants and this is being discussed as of now.

On why there is a discrepancy between the pricing offered on Zomato compared to Swiggy for a few restaurants there can be multiple reasons.
1. Good restaurants that generate decent volume of sales get a special privilege from delivery platforms for a bit reduction in commission so may be Swiggy is charging them lesser commission and hence the margin is passed on to the end customer by offering food at lower price.
2. May be the person who operates the content on these apps on behalf of the restaurant forgot to update prices on Zomato or on Swiggy accordingly.

In short, Zomato has absolutely no control on what the restaurant prices the food on their platform. They have a few rules set but end of the day it’s all up to the restaurant. Zomato isn’t a cheater here!

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
361
6
Expand
chetanc12 wrote:

Is it people r u don’t like service??

Till now I haven’t had single pblm with there service when it comes to charging for food it will always differ from one to another it doesn’t mean unethical..

Anyway y ur still using when u Don’t like ? Better MOVE on..

Cool down buddy, don’t be zomato advocate and that too for free. You did not face any issue till now, does that mean other people won’t face any issue either? That’s what you want to say??
For your kind information, I have ordered food thrice from food delivery companies till today. First time was with Uber eat. They messed my order (delivered wrong product). 2nd was with zomato and it was ok (food was as cold as ice but item was what I ordered). 3rd time was again with zomato and they messed up everything. I had ordered veg Momo and veg fried rice. What I got was chicken Momo and chicken fried rice. I am non veg, so it was not too shocking for me when I accidentally eat momo., However if consumer was pure vegetarian then what would happen.
Note: so don’t say just because your experience was smooth, everyone will have similar experience. After these 3 times I stopped using any food delivery platform. I prefer home made food.

Images
Deal Lieutenant
16
5024
65
Expand
DaBomb wrote:

Cool down buddy, don’t be zomato advocate and that too for free. You did not face any issue till now, does that mean other people won’t face any issue either? That’s what you want to say??
For your kind information, I have ordered food thrice from food delivery companies till today. First time was with Uber eat. They messed my order (delivered wrong product). 2nd was with zomato and it was ok (food was as cold as ice but item was what I ordered). 3rd time was again with zomato and they messed up everything. I had ordered veg Momo and veg fried rice. What I got was chicken Momo and chicken fried rice. I am non veg, so it was not too shocking for me when I accidentally eat momo., However if consumer was pure vegetarian then what would happen.
Note: so don’t say just because your experience was smooth, everyone will have similar experience. After these 3 times I stopped using any food delivery platform. I prefer home made food.

I am not zomato advocate thats ur assumption more over as like ur experience I share mine too..

As I said till I haven’t faced any pblm so I am HAPPY with it probably u may be facing delivering to ur location..

Anyway 1st preference should be given to home made food n that’s “GOOD”…

Missing