citi indian oil query?

citi indian oil query?

59°
Hacker
Deal Cadet
80
286
2

I am using this card but 1reward points=1 rupee of oil and 150rs purchase gives 1rs for online transactions. Is there any best card for fuel than this card. I am doing monthly 1.2lakhs transactions..

20 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
318
692
12

Indian oil rewards are most suitable for fuel only.. only for fuel 1reward=1rs fuel…

Missing
Deal Cadet
318
692
12

That too only for selected iol outlet when card swipped using citibank machine only

Hacker
Deal Cadet
80
286
2
Dealkitalash wrote:

Indian oil rewards are most suitable for fuel only.. only for fuel 1reward=1rs fuel…

you are rewriting my post. I am speaking about fuel transactions only

Hacker
Deal Cadet
80
286
2
Dealkitalash wrote:

That too only for selected iol outlet when card swipped using citibank machine only

No Issue. I have fixed bunks in my area. Do u have any other card with utmost features

5c557a286e276869038097
Deal Cadet
134
632
10
Dealkitalash wrote:

That too only for selected iol outlet when card swipped using citibank machine only

Citi Bank has removed this restriction starting this year. Now you can swipe on other machines too and get rewards.

Missing
Deal Cadet
318
692
12
Expand
Konquerror wrote:

Citi Bank has removed this restriction starting this year. Now you can swipe on other machines too and get rewards.

Oh thats great… Does it also mean we can use card at any petrol pump? Or still its only selected petrol pumps..?

Hacker
Deal Cadet
80
286
2
Expand
Dealkitalash wrote:

Oh thats great… Does it also mean we can use card at any petrol pump? Or still its only selected petrol pumps..?

nope

Now redeem points on your phone instead of Citi EDC with a simple 3-step process. Complete the payment of your transaction at any bank’s EDC at authorized IOC outlets:

1. Receive a redemption link via SMS*

2. Confirm the number of Turbo Points to redeem

3. Click ‘Redeem Now’ to pay with points

If you decide not to redeem, your Turbo Points will continue to accumulate and never expire

Hacker
Deal Cadet
80
286
2
myfungang829 wrote:

For fuel, this is the best card

some people are speaking about standard chartered?

Tenor
Deal Lieutenant
2,498
3467
33
Expand
Konquerror wrote:

Citi Bank has removed this restriction starting this year. Now you can swipe on other machines too and get rewards.

I filled the petrol of 180 but they charged me 191.80 … And it was iol outlet

Amazo evolved 1
Deal Cadet
129
306
8
Expand
ayushiVijay wrote:

I filled the petrol of 180 but they charged me 191.80 … And it was iol outlet

Most of the cards provide surcharge waiver over 400 rs. If not you need to pay surcharge.

Tenor %281%29
Deal Cadet
51
276
3
Expand
ayushiVijay wrote:

I filled the petrol of 180 but they charged me 191.80 … And it was iol outlet

There is no surcharge, when paid on IOL pump on citi machine, waived off, next day when paid on NON Citi machine on IOL pump.

However, there is a surcharge applied on transactions done below 400 and more then 5000.

Tenor
Deal Lieutenant
2,498
3467
33
Expand
Bhalla_here wrote:

There is no surcharge, when paid on IOL pump on citi machine, waived off, next day when paid on NON Citi machine on IOL pump.

However, there is a surcharge applied on transactions done below 400 and more then 5000.

The whole story is like… I filled petrol with 180 and they charged me 191.80..then they waived off just 1.90.. So i called them that i got surcharged extra… The next day they waived off 9.90… So complete waived off… But later i came to know.. That IOL pump wasn’t listed in that limited iol list🤪..

Tenor %281%29
Deal Cadet
51
276
3
Expand
ayushiVijay wrote:

The whole story is like… I filled petrol with 180 and they charged me 191.80..then they waived off just 1.90.. So i called them that i got surcharged extra… The next day they waived off 9.90… So complete waived off… But later i came to know.. That IOL pump wasn’t listed in that limited iol list🤪..

Yes, though most of the pumps are listed, but lot many are not.

Tenor
Deal Lieutenant
2,498
3467
33
Expand
Bhalla_here wrote:

Yes, though most of the pumps are listed, but lot many are not.

Thats the case why it wasn’t waived off completely.. Becoz that wasn’t listed ??

Tenor %281%29
Deal Cadet
51
276
3
Expand
ayushiVijay wrote:

Thats the case why it wasn’t waived off completely.. Becoz that wasn’t listed ??

i have been at times got trapped in this …had to fill on iol not listed, and paid surcharge.

Thumbimgcrop 1438052280907
Deal Subedar
243
1703
21
Expand
ayushiVijay wrote:

Thats the case why it wasn’t waived off completely.. Becoz that wasn’t listed ??

Correct. The waiver is applicable only in listed iocl pumps in metro/tier 1 cities only.

Thumbimgcrop 1438052280907
Deal Subedar
243
1703
21
Expand
prabha.avum wrote:

some people are speaking about standard chartered?

Which card are you talking about in scb..?
If its scb super value titanium card, then the cash back is limited to purchase if 2000 per month, not worth in your case.

If its about the scb ultimate card, ignore it as the reward redemption options are close to none and it is now as bad as the now ignored cards of yes bank.

Missing
Deal Cadet
111
260
3
Expand
prabha.avum wrote:

some people are speaking about standard chartered?

Standard chartered has reduced the limit to 2000, i.e in a month only total transaction of 2000 will get cashback (earlier it was 4000)

I am planning to surrender this standard chartered Bank card.

Missing