[Citibank] Changes in rewards structure of Rewards Card wef Nov 25, 2016

112°
Deal Lieutenant
disclaimer

Thank you for using your Citi Rewards Card.

We would like to share these updates to the rewards scheme on your card, which become applicable from 25th November, 2016.

Introducing New Redemption Partners
Amazon (100 points=Rs 15, https://pgi.billdesk.com/pgidsk/pgmerc/amazon/A...)
Makemytrip (100 points=Rs 25)

Introducing the Monthly Spend Bonus
The current quarterly spend bonus program will be replaced with an easier monthly program – earn 300 additional reward points per month on monthly spends of 30,000 and above.

10X Rewards : No change

Birthday and Renewal Bonus : Both these bonus reward programs will be discontinued.

You can continue to enjoy the easy and convenient option of instant redemption of reward points at leading merchants and online partners. Additionally, the other benefits on your Citi Rewards Card also continue – earn 10X reward points at apparel and departmental stores, redeem points towards gift vouchers or simply against the card outstanding and more.
Please note, there is no change in the value of the reward points# you hold, nor do they expire.

We value your relationship and assure you of the best services at all times.
Warm regards,
Manager
Customer Service

The quarterly bonus program for October – December 2016 will be fulfilled as per the existing offer construct.
Please note there is no change in Most Important Terms and Conditions (MITC) and Cardmember Terms and Conditions.

4 Comments  |  
4 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

The Amazon redemption option is a joke, for 15 paise per point… Especially when you can redeem for 35 paise per point statement credit on the rewards card

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

It’s sad to see that Citi which once dominated CC landscape in India is slowly slipping away. Rewards card was a very good beginners card. I hope Citi doesn’t screw up Premier miles.

@DealSeeker

Perfectionist Perfectionist
Link Copied
@cybertechie wrote:

It’s sad to see that Citi which once dominated CC landscape in India is slowly slipping away. Rewards card was a very good beginners card. I hope Citi doesn’t screw up Premier miles.

@DealSeeker

I agree with your sentiments in general, bro. But here they have only added new redemption options. The option and value to redeem for statement credit is still intact (1 point = Rs.0.35).

As for Premier Miles, they did already do some damage when they reduced the value of 1 mile to Rs.0.45 from Rs.0.5. If they damage it further, I will have to start using other cards as my primary mode of payment.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
@a1992 wrote:

The Amazon redemption option is a joke, for 15 paise per point… Especially when you can redeem for 35 paise per point statement credit on the rewards card

Statememt credit needs min 5000 points, so not an option for all.

Good thing is that value of points for cash redemption is not changed.

replyuser
Click here to reply