Croma Gift Card, - Fraud Deal Posted on 14 Sep 2019

220°
Deal Newbie
Maverick.Friend

Did anyone get cheated by one deal posted on 14 Sep 2019, regarding “Free Croma Gift Card on Amazon” , which was posted here on DesiDime?

I got cheated and became a victim of that fraud deal. I recently detected the fraud in my Amazon account.

I searched fir that deal page but could not find it on DesiDime. As far as I remember, the deal was about Amazon giving out free Croma gift cards. There was a link posted on the deal page, which I had clicked and then something happened which I don’t exactly remember. And after that I checked my Amazon account and found nothing related and so I closed that deal page and moved forward to other posts thinking that the deal was a fake and timepass post.

But recently when I was checking my Amazon account, I discovered that there is an Order for Croma Gift Card of Rs. 500 from my account and Money debited from my Amazon Pay account. The gift card of Rs. 500 was sent to some ‘[email protected]’. And it came as a shock to me that someone has stolen money from my Amazon account via Croma Gift Card, through a deal posted here on DesiDime.

I checked with Amazon Fraud Management Team and they confirmed that this was indeed a fraud committed.

So has anyone also got cheated like me from that Free Croma Gift Card Deal on 14 Sep 2019??

24 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Did anyone get cheated by one deal posted on 14 Sep 2019, regarding “Free Croma Gift Card on Amazon” , which was posted here on DesiDime?

I got cheated and became a victim of that fraud deal. I recently detected the fraud in my Amazon account.

I searched for that deal page but could not find it on DesiDime. As far as I remember, the deal was about Amazon giving out free Croma gift cards. There was a link posted on the deal page, which I had clicked and then something happened which I don’t exactly remember. And after that I checked my Amazon account and found nothing related and so I closed that deal page and moved forward to other posts thinking that the deal was a fake and timepass post.

But recently when I was checking my Amazon account, I discovered that there is an Order for Croma Gift Card of Rs. 500 from my account and Money debited from my Amazon Pay account. The gift card of Rs. 500 was sent to some ‘ramkapur’ gmail account. And it came as a shock to me that someone has stolen money from my Amazon account via Croma Gift Card, through a deal posted here on DesiDime.

I checked with Amazon Fraud Management Team and they confirmed that this was indeed a fraud committed.

So has anyone also got cheated like me from that Free Croma Gift Card Deal on 14 Sep 2019??

Community Angel Community Angel
Admin
Link Copied

@Maverick.Friend as we were discussing over chat, can u pls help us with more details, as what kind of link it was or it was short url or direct amazon.in , just incase you remember user who shared it.

Admin
Link Copied

also if possible can you share screenshot of that amazon order history, that it went to that mail id.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

The Amazon Fraud Management guys deleted the Order from my history, saying they need to sanitize my account and investigate.

View 2 more replies
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

@bumblefoot No unfortunately I do not remember the User name or the exact name of the Deal topic. But ‘Free Croma Gift Card’ was mentioned as part of the topic. And regarding the links, I am sorry, I do not recollect the type of links it contained.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

@Maverick.Friend which browser you used that time? and try to find that topic on your browser history.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Could not find anything related to that topic on browser history. FYI, I mostly use the DesiDime and Amazon Apps.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

U don’t have any screenshot??
Like deal/any details related,amt deducted from ur amz acc,that txn details,amz customer support details..

Nothing u have???

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

@chetanc12 I have shared above those details, whatever info I have.

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Was it really on DD?😱😱May be you got some phishing sms or email. And another croma deal on DD and getting confused like deja vu or something. Go to that browser history check the link. Try to remember the date time.
And don’t be worried Amazon team will refund your money

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Yeah I am 100% sure it was a deal posted on DD. I remember about clicking the link on that post to see what follows. But don’t exactly remember all the nitty gritty of that post.

I use the DD and Amazon apps mostly.

And its not about the money. Its about the SECURITY aspect that I am more concerned and interested in. I do not want crooks to cheat people and fellow dimers by exploiting any software/security loopholes.

Admin
Link Copied

@Maverick.Friend we are cross checking it from our end as well. So far no luck with any such thread. we are still checking our database.

Edit : you sure it was deal not comment or post ?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I am not absolutely sure about this, though it should have been in all probability a Deal, because I regularly check the Deals page by default. But I am not 100% sure.

Admin
Link Copied

We looked up at all deleted deals of 14th September and found nothing which said about FREE Croma Gift card….
If there was indeed such a link, then it can affect many users… and there would be also some traces which we would have.
If you find more details, kindly share with us too and we can also block those type of content

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Which software you are using I also want to find some deleted topics….

View 1 more reply
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

@Maverick.Friend
You sure its a deal and not a message over PM?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

It was not a message over PM.

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied

this is weird

Super Moderator Super Moderator
Link Copied

I have read similar posts where someone took access of a user’s amazon account and then used up their Amazon GC balance by ordering croma GCs. Could it be possible that this episode is totally unrelated to DD link?
@bumblefoot
@admin
I have noticed that whenever a user clicks on a link, the user number (22238) is appended to the redirecting URL. Is it possible to check all the links that this user was redirected to, on 14th sept, from DD?

Generous Generous
Link Copied

i think hacker posted cookie stealing/phishing page link instead original amazon link.

replyuser
Click here to reply