Deliver food and work part time to make 50000/m...

Deliver food and work part time to make 50000/month... Eatting of product not part of job..

294°
15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4187
133

Swiggy confirmed that incomes of their delivery staff have increased. “As Swiggy continues to witness a strong growth in the number of monthly orders, our delivery partners have been able to carry out a higher number of deliveries," a spokesperson for Swiggy said by email. “Since they are paid per order, the increase in number of orders fulfilled by them has resulted in an increase in pay-outs."

Such delivery boys now earn between ₹ 25,000 and ₹ 50,000 per month, depending on factors such as the number of deliveries completed and the distance they cover, according to interviews with more than a dozen delivery staff and executives. It’s a sharp rise from the ₹ 10,000-25,000 the workers earned last year. Incomes of the blue-collar workers have risen by at least 25-30% on average compared with last year partly due to higher incentives.

https://www.livemint.com/Companies/cYbdfsYk93HF...

34 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
6,514
21756
257

Last time I enquired, the food delivery guy said he was earning 60k pm

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4187
133
getready wrote:

Last time I enquired, the food delivery guy said he was earning 60k pm

Well guess today was the last time I give them a tip then.. This is like the Uber/Ola days when they were making 5L a month and paid off their cars in 3 months.. Now prices for rides have shot sky high and the cars look like they been through a riot..

Images 1502386303556
Deal Lieutenant
115
3590
40
getready wrote:

Last time I enquired, the food delivery guy said he was earning 60k pm

Wow!

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
119
6580
113
getready wrote:

Last time I enquired, the food delivery guy said he was earning 60k pm

flushed 60k pm for food delivery rolleyes
15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4187
133
Expand
desiman wrote:
flushed 60k pm for food delivery rolleyes

They get from rs40 to rs80 per delivery.. also if its further than 2km they get extra. But in cities they can do 4 or 5 deliveries in an hour.. So if you do it properly and experienced you make good money. I would not consider it a full time permanent job though. Its like delivering paper..

Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
6,514
21756
257
Expand
desiman wrote:
flushed 60k pm for food delivery rolleyes

Check this article
https://thewire.in/business/foodpanda-ola-drive...
It was the situation couple of months back but usually the first two month salary he got is what most of the active food delivery guys make

Missing
Deal Cadet
91
638
7

Eating of product not part of job laughing

Giphy
Deal Cadet
76
826
8

It needs own vehicle & driving license to became a delivery boy in Swiggy, Zomato, Uber eats etc.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
119
6580
113
Expand
getready wrote:

Check this article
https://thewire.in/business/foodpanda-ola-drive...
It was the situation couple of months back but usually the first two month salary he got is what most of the active food delivery guys make

in mumbai had overheard two swiggy guys talking one was saying the other now the rates are down from 40 to 35 per delivery and was cribbing as to how to survive on this

the restaurants too have raised the prices rage

Xzugh6w
Entertainer
1,031
18052
227

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/562058/medium/5777788giphy.gif?1556000490

Download
Shopping Friend
1
28170
455

Is this the net amount after removing all overheads ?
Then its really great, i dont know why still unemployment is there
Cant consider this a technical job

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4187
133
Expand
getready wrote:

Check this article
https://thewire.in/business/foodpanda-ola-drive...
It was the situation couple of months back but usually the first two month salary he got is what most of the active food delivery guys make

Is this like the water delivery guys making 300,000 a month? Its doable after the initial investments.. And you are willing to work hard.. Making 10,000 a day would mean 200 deliveries..

And too many lazy people looking to make big money.. That’s greed.. Sooner or later demand stops. Just because you think you should be making 50,000 a month while those with PhD’s are making like 30,000 is not sustainable.. anyone who believes he can make such high incomes and takes the job is surely out of reality with the real world.

IF I could save 200 on a food order of 500, I would go pick it up but they wont do that. Instead they want to pay someone 200 to do it and charge me for it.. They told me I could go pick it up after paying 500..

 91 97979 89295 20190504 121504
Deal Cadet
101
464
11

All result of their hard work… More work more money…

Added perks if order gets cancelled they can eat it.

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4187
133
androgame wrote:

Is this the net amount after removing all overheads ?
Then its really great, i dont know why still unemployment is there
Cant consider this a technical job

Its gross.. But it is still a great income stream. The thing is too many undesirables get into the game seeing the easy money and then it all turns into crap. Many bought new cars seeing how they could pay it off in under 6 months.. But after 3 years now those cars look run down and barely working. They don’t even bother to clean it or maintain it. They thought after 6 months of paying it off, they were going to make 1-2lakhs a month and put it in the bank and work for 10 years and retire..

But rates for users have gone up 3-4x what it was in the beginning. And service had dropped through the floor.. No one wants to actually work to make the money. the BSNL syndrome.

Download
Shopping Friend
1
28170
455
Shahskm wrote:

All result of their hard work… More work more money…

Added perks if order gets cancelled they can eat it.

Had a doubt regarding this, who bears the loss if customer complains about an order , restaurant or swiggy or both ?
Some restaurant owner here ?

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4187
133
Expand
androgame wrote:

Had a doubt regarding this, who bears the loss if customer complains about an order , restaurant or swiggy or both ?
Some restaurant owner here ?

restaurant will always bear the cost!!!! It would be part of the terms and conditions they have to accept to be in the game. Why should someone like swiggy bear responsibility bear the cost of a bad product? I know like Amazon will eat the cost but then they will charge the producer.. The producer always has the choice of not selling to amazon.. That’s why we get service from swiggy and amazon.. Because they are not eating the cost. Remember how it was before. No service and then get the run around. Even cancelled order and such are paid by the producer.

Customers use like amazon and swiggy because they don’t have to deal with producers and their reluctance to give service or warranty.. Producers use them because of the huge volume and steady income. But there is a lot of grumbling.. I say better them than us..

Tumblr nfaqajuvfr1tgz4rco1 500
Deal Captain
319
8112
89

Just a temporary situation to build their system on all ends. Let me see if they still pay up such huge salaries and incentives and still turn profitable. As long as they build up their coffers with loads of money from investors they go to any extent in the name of customer acquisition and partner acquisition.

See what’s happening with Uber, they have such a diminished presence in Southeast Asian countries (dominated more by local players like Grab) right now and are cutting down their aggressive campaigns as well lately. Such moves are bound to happen when the company focuses more on staying profitable eventually. Read today’s piece on the Ken Blog about Uber, the same applies for any platform that incentivises partners and customers in the name of acquisition and pumps in huge amount of money to improve GMV which eventually will improve valuation for further rounds of funds raised.

Shared from today’s email from Ken

“I will apply for an Indian citizenship if I have to.” – Travis Kalanick during a visit to India, Dec 2016

“Dara doesn’t believe India is ready. He believes that the market doesn’t have depth.” – a former Uber India official, April 2019

What a difference just two years can make. That’s how long it took for Uber India to go from take-no-prisoners to maintain-status-quo. Gone is the aggression, deep discounts and driver incentives. After strategically retreating from most of Southeast Asia, many thought India would be the last of the large global markets Uber would fight to win. But under new CEO Dara Khosrowshahi, the company has dialled down its ambitions for India. Because, you see, before Khosrowshahi became Uber’s CEO, he was CEO of Expedia. Which has been busting its ass in India since 2009, but to no avail. MakeMyTrip continues to maintain a vice-like grip on the market. Which perhaps explains Khosrowshahi’s relative disinterest in continuing to pour billions into a market that is still led by arch-rival Ola.

The ramifications of Uber’s cooling attitude are being felt by its driver partners, whose earnings are plummeting. From being chased, rewarded and treated like rockstars just a few years ago, they’re now desperately searching for some silver lining to hold on to. Many are finding their apps deactivated because they did not paste a sticker saying “UBER” on their rear windshields (Uber insists it be put on all vehicles it finances). It’s impossible to imagine the 2016-era Uber do something so bureaucratic and wasteful.

“My whole day is going to go to waste. Who is going to pay for this lost time?” asks a driver, perhaps rhetorically.

Read Ashish and Pradip’s story into the taming of a once fiery dragon: https://the-ken.com/story/ubers-retreat-from-...a/ (15-minute read)

 91 97979 89295 20190504 121504
Deal Cadet
101
464
11
Expand
androgame wrote:

Had a doubt regarding this, who bears the loss if customer complains about an order , restaurant or swiggy or both ?
Some restaurant owner here ?

In the cancelation scenario both of them bears the loss .. If there is any mistake from delivery agent end then it gets deducted from their payout.

Tumblr nfaqajuvfr1tgz4rco1 500
Deal Captain
319
8112
89
Expand
alienteck wrote:

restaurant will always bear the cost!!!! It would be part of the terms and conditions they have to accept to be in the game. Why should someone like swiggy bear responsibility bear the cost of a bad product? I know like Amazon will eat the cost but then they will charge the producer.. The producer always has the choice of not selling to amazon.. That’s why we get service from swiggy and amazon.. Because they are not eating the cost. Remember how it was before. No service and then get the run around. Even cancelled order and such are paid by the producer.

Customers use like amazon and swiggy because they don’t have to deal with producers and their reluctance to give service or warranty.. Producers use them because of the huge volume and steady income. But there is a lot of grumbling.. I say better them than us..

Swiggy aggregating restaurant delivery is a different ball game compared to aggregators such as Amazon. Amazon sells goods that have tangible specifics that are more standardised. Example: a videocon TV is a videocon TV irrespective of where you get it from.

Whereas Swiggy is a delivery partner for food which has no standard definition in terms of taste and presentation. If that’s not enough in terms of asserting a standard, a person’s palate varies as well and each person has an affinity towards food prepared in a certain way.

If a customer claims the food to be bad, how can you quantify what’s bad? Even the best of the food might not be liked by one and all so how can the restaurant be blamed in every scenario and eventually be penalised?

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4187
133
Expand
raghupro wrote:

Swiggy aggregating restaurant delivery is a different ball game compared to aggregators such as Amazon. Amazon sells goods that have tangible specifics that are more standardised. Example: a videocon TV is a videocon TV irrespective of where you get it from.

Whereas Swiggy is a delivery partner for food which has no standard definition in terms of taste and presentation. If that’s not enough in terms of asserting a standard, a person’s palate varies as well and each person has an affinity towards food prepared in a certain way.

If a customer claims the food to be bad, how can you quantify what’s bad? Even the best of the food might not be liked by one and all so how can the restaurant be blamed in every scenario and eventually be penalised?

The customer is ALWAYS right. Otherwise he wont be a customer any longer. Your choice.

Tumblr nfaqajuvfr1tgz4rco1 500
Deal Captain
319
8112
89
Expand
alienteck wrote:

The customer is ALWAYS right. Otherwise he wont be a customer any longer. Your choice.

True in a way but you have to understand that for B2C aggregators the B – business as well as C – customers are customers for the aggregating platform. It’s the aggregator’s responsibility to have strong rules protecting their business partners as well as customers.

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4187
133
Expand
desiman wrote:

in mumbai had overheard two swiggy guys talking one was saying the other now the rates are down from 40 to 35 per delivery and was cribbing as to how to survive on this

the restaurants too have raised the prices rage

swiggy going Uber now.. Last week I noticed Pizza hut adding in rs60 for a rs500 pizza for packaging charges. This week Swiggy is adding surge delivery charges. Went to order earlier today and decided to cook at home..

67351 541779905843911 1711691732 n
Deal Subedar
213
1490
46
Expand
alienteck wrote:

swiggy going Uber now.. Last week I noticed Pizza hut adding in rs60 for a rs500 pizza for packaging charges. This week Swiggy is adding surge delivery charges. Went to order earlier today and decided to cook at home..

You dont have Swiggy super ?

67351 541779905843911 1711691732 n
Deal Subedar
213
1490
46

Soon. Discounts for the customers, and salaries of the delivery agents, both will decrease.

Just like it has happened with Ola and Uber. High charges for customers, less salaries for drivers.

Kgf
Deal Subedar
20
1137
20

I wanna go for this as a part time job for 3-4 months. I wonder where to start 🙄

Dp
Deal Lieutenant
151
3336
46
getready wrote:

Last time I enquired, the food delivery guy said he was earning 60k pm

Damn !!! Need to leave this IT sector. Not even earning half of this sad

Kgf
Deal Subedar
20
1137
20
Expand
Topsey wrote:

Damn !!! Need to leave this IT sector. Not even earning half of this sad

After 10 years, you will be earning atleast 10lakhs per year if you’re atleast passably good at your job, while the delivery guys will be earning less than 3lakhs per year at that time. Think before you wish for something.

Cropped1422108492
Deal Cadet
498
625
6
Expand
G-Gowda wrote:

After 10 years, you will be earning atleast 10lakhs per year if you’re atleast passably good at your job, while the delivery guys will be earning less than 3lakhs per year at that time. Think before you wish for something.

Then, what’s your income per month from the regular job that you yourself want to do it as a part time?

Kgf
Deal Subedar
20
1137
20
Expand
dgreatgambler007 wrote:

Then, what’s your income per month from the regular job that you yourself want to do it as a part time?

Jobless now. But if you wanna go and deliver food permanently, be my guest.

Missing