Hot Deal

Deliver food and work part time to make 50000/month... Eatting of product not part of job..

339°
Analyst
alienteck

Swiggy confirmed that incomes of their delivery staff have increased. “As Swiggy continues to witness a strong growth in the number of monthly orders, our delivery partners have been able to carry out a higher number of deliveries," a spokesperson for Swiggy said by email. “Since they are paid per order, the increase in number of orders fulfilled by them has resulted in an increase in pay-outs."

Such delivery boys now earn between ₹ 25,000 and ₹ 50,000 per month, depending on factors such as the number of deliveries completed and the distance they cover, according to interviews with more than a dozen delivery staff and executives. It’s a sharp rise from the ₹ 10,000-25,000 the workers earned last year. Incomes of the blue-collar workers have risen by at least 25-30% on average compared with last year partly due to higher incentives.

https://www.livemint.com/Companies/cYbdfsYk93HF...

34 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
  • Sort By
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

Last time I enquired, the food delivery guy said he was earning 60k pm

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Well guess today was the last time I give them a tip then.. This is like the Uber/Ola days when they were making 5L a month and paid off their cars in 3 months.. Now prices for rides have shot sky high and the cars look like they been through a riot..

View 15 more replies
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Eating of product not part of job laughing

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

It needs own vehicle & driving license to became a delivery boy in Swiggy, Zomato, Uber eats etc.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/562058/medium/5777788giphy.gif?1556000490

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied

Is this the net amount after removing all overheads ?
Then its really great, i dont know why still unemployment is there
Cant consider this a technical job

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Its gross.. But it is still a great income stream. The thing is too many undesirables get into the game seeing the easy money and then it all turns into crap. Many bought new cars seeing how they could pay it off in under 6 months.. But after 3 years now those cars look run down and barely working. They don’t even bother to clean it or maintain it. They thought after 6 months of paying it off, they were going to make 1-2lakhs a month and put it in the bank and work for 10 years and retire..

But rates for users have gone up 3-4x what it was in the beginning. And service had dropped through the floor.. No one wants to actually work to make the money. the BSNL syndrome.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

All result of their hard work… More work more money…

Added perks if order gets cancelled they can eat it.

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied

Had a doubt regarding this, who bears the loss if customer complains about an order , restaurant or swiggy or both ?
Some restaurant owner here ?

View 5 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Just a temporary situation to build their system on all ends. Let me see if they still pay up such huge salaries and incentives and still turn profitable. As long as they build up their coffers with loads of money from investors they go to any extent in the name of customer acquisition and partner acquisition.

See what’s happening with Uber, they have such a diminished presence in Southeast Asian countries (dominated more by local players like Grab) right now and are cutting down their aggressive campaigns as well lately. Such moves are bound to happen when the company focuses more on staying profitable eventually. Read today’s piece on the Ken Blog about Uber, the same applies for any platform that incentivises partners and customers in the name of acquisition and pumps in huge amount of money to improve GMV which eventually will improve valuation for further rounds of funds raised.

Shared from today’s email from Ken

“I will apply for an Indian citizenship if I have to.” – Travis Kalanick during a visit to India, Dec 2016

“Dara doesn’t believe India is ready. He believes that the market doesn’t have depth.” – a former Uber India official, April 2019

What a difference just two years can make. That’s how long it took for Uber India to go from take-no-prisoners to maintain-status-quo. Gone is the aggression, deep discounts and driver incentives. After strategically retreating from most of Southeast Asia, many thought India would be the last of the large global markets Uber would fight to win. But under new CEO Dara Khosrowshahi, the company has dialled down its ambitions for India. Because, you see, before Khosrowshahi became Uber’s CEO, he was CEO of Expedia. Which has been busting its ass in India since 2009, but to no avail. MakeMyTrip continues to maintain a vice-like grip on the market. Which perhaps explains Khosrowshahi’s relative disinterest in continuing to pour billions into a market that is still led by arch-rival Ola.

The ramifications of Uber’s cooling attitude are being felt by its driver partners, whose earnings are plummeting. From being chased, rewarded and treated like rockstars just a few years ago, they’re now desperately searching for some silver lining to hold on to. Many are finding their apps deactivated because they did not paste a sticker saying “UBER” on their rear windshields (Uber insists it be put on all vehicles it finances). It’s impossible to imagine the 2016-era Uber do something so bureaucratic and wasteful.

“My whole day is going to go to waste. Who is going to pay for this lost time?” asks a driver, perhaps rhetorically.

Read Ashish and Pradip’s story into the taming of a once fiery dragon: https://the-ken.com/story/ubers-retreat-from-...a/ (15-minute read)

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Ken is hiding behind a PayWall rage

View 1 more reply
Generous Generous
Link Copied

Soon. Discounts for the customers, and salaries of the delivery agents, both will decrease.

Just like it has happened with Ola and Uber. High charges for customers, less salaries for drivers.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

I wanna go for this as a part time job for 3-4 months. I wonder where to start 🙄

replyuser
Click here to reply