Digibank By Dbs will be close or freeze if Adha...

Digibank By Dbs will be close or freeze if Adhaar Address is outside Branch Location.

182°
Thumbimgcrop 1446660389636
Deal Cadet
90
173
1
Digibank By Dbs will be close or freeze if Adhaar Address is outside Branch Location.
Deal Expired

https://go.dbs.com/a...ss
If customers address updated in  Aadhaar records is not within locations where DBS is present, which is not allowed as per regulatory guidelines.
If the same is not done, we shall be forced to freeze your account.

Go and Check profile section of Dbs App it will notify this.
Users who are from where dbs branch located foes not face this issue.https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/569834/original/IMG_20190610_160001.jpg?1560162610
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/569835/original/IMG_20190610_155730.jpg?1560162823

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/569837/original/Screenshot_2019-06-10-16-09-44-629_com.dbs.in.digitalbank.png?1560163262

  • Expired about 1 month
24 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

Yes my account freezed

Thumbimgcrop 1446660389636
Deal Cadet
90
173
1

Mine is full savings account using from last 4 years now they are doing this in the name of new rule.

Daily%20bonanza
Deal Hunter
118
6369
183

What does freeze means? What about the money in the account.. It’s savings account..

Thumbimgcrop 1446660389636
Deal Cadet
90
173
1
The_Dark_Knight wrote:

What does freeze means? What about the money in the account.. It’s savings account..

They are providing account closure option in app where we can add beneficiary bank for transferring remaining balance. Cc provided this information and suggesting to close if dbs is not present in your area. Right now my account is not freeze so i transferred all.

Cropped8481297867373247552
Deal Major
310
23524
233

Cc told me that this will be Applicable to the All Customers who opened their Account after 20th April 2018

Thumbimgcrop 1446660389636
Deal Cadet
90
173
1
Pablo_Kismibar wrote:

Cc told me that this will be Applicable to the All Customers who opened their Account after 20th April 2018

and who opened before 2018 in 2015-16

Cropped8481297867373247552
Deal Major
310
23524
233
Expand
mspokhariya17192 wrote:

and who opened before 2018 in 2015-16

U don’t have to worry if u r not receiving any notification , Mostly this will Applicable to customers of 2018 , as per cc info

Thumbimgcrop 1446660389636
Deal Cadet
90
173
1
Expand
Pablo_Kismibar wrote:

U don’t have to worry if u r not receiving any notification , Mostly this will Applicable to customers of 2018 , as per cc info

when you hit profile settings you will recv notification if your address is outside branch location and cc is saying this is applicable to all just confirm this with them after your msg.

Cropped8481297867373247552
Deal Major
310
23524
233
Expand
mspokhariya17192 wrote:

when you hit profile settings you will recv notification if your address is outside branch location and cc is saying this is applicable to all just confirm this with them after your msg.

I haven’t received any mail or Notification related to this
U can talk to cc & Clear Ur doubt
18002094555

Thumbimgcrop 1446660389636
Deal Cadet
90
173
1
Expand
Pablo_Kismibar wrote:

I haven’t received any mail or Notification related to this
U can talk to cc & Clear Ur doubt
18002094555

Then you address will be in inside branch location area. and cc clearly mentioning that there is no time or date fixed for account freeze but it will it is update after 25 may and notifications are going to everyone it will take time to reach all and freeze of account or may be they will take this rule back.

Cropped8481297867373247552
Deal Major
310
23524
233
Expand
mspokhariya17192 wrote:

Then you address will be in inside branch location area. and cc clearly mentioning that there is no time or date fixed for account freeze but it will it is update after 25 may and notifications are going to everyone it will take time to reach all and freeze of account or may be they will take this rule back.

I opened my account in 2016 in Delhi while my Adhar Address is in Rajasthan , I opened profile settings in App , No notification showing for Adhar Address update , cc told me the same , u don’t have to worry since u opened Ur Account in 2016 , u will not face any problem

Thumbimgcrop 1446660389636
Deal Cadet
90
173
1
Expand
Pablo_Kismibar wrote:

I opened my account in 2016 in Delhi while my Adhar Address is in Rajasthan , I opened profile settings in App , No notification showing for Adhar Address update , cc told me the same , u don’t have to worry since u opened Ur Account in 2016 , u will not face any problem

Same i had done in 2016 my adhaar address is of uk.but cc saying diffrent thing to me i had tweeted them also about this, same thing will happen in future with both of us we are dbs user since 2016.https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/569839/original/Screenshot_2019-06-10-16-53-25-063_com.twitter.android.png?1560165861

Screenshot 2019 05 18 10 53 14 876 com.google.android.gm
Deal Cadet
2
754
9

User since 2016. No issues for me. blush
My brother applied two months back and he got a notification to update the address.

123
Deal Subedar
287
1259
22

Damn. ! Even CC R’s are not very much updated with this new update.

I’ve been told that, incase I lose my exisiting card then I’ve 2 update address in Aadhar which should be lie in a branch location.
Till expiry of card account is going to work.

BUT I think they are sending notifications to everyone gradually. Have to wait and see.

No branch here in Kerala. And I’ve been using this for almost 4 years .

123
Deal Subedar
287
1259
22
mspokhariya17192 wrote:

Mine is full savings account using from last 4 years now they are doing this in the name of new rule.

Did you update your address after doing KYC of digibank ?
I’m asking about Aadhar / bank app.

Recently ?

Thumbimgcrop 1446660389636
Deal Cadet
90
173
1

no

Missing
Deal Cadet
69
184
3

Is there any option to know when did we open the account?

Screenshot 2019 05 18 10 53 14 876 com.google.android.gm
Deal Cadet
2
754
9
andromeda wrote:

Is there any option to know when did we open the account?

Go to manage debit card section.  It will show the first debit card issued date.

Download
Deal Subedar
153
2058
131

transferred amount

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

We wish to inform you that as per RBI guidelines* on KYC dated 20th April 2018, any customer wanting to open a bank account must submit one of the Officially Valid Documents (OVD) with the current residence address.
Your digiSavings account no XXXXXXXX0887 was opened using Aadhaar authentication based on your consent.
We wish to highlight that the address provided by you does not match your Aadhaar (OVD) address maintained in our records and therefore does not meet the above RBI guidelines.

i got this msg yesterday sad

Pikachu
Deal Cadet
78
902
40
Expand
JaiKrish1031 wrote:

Go to manage debit card section.  It will show the first debit card issued date.

@RK_PRO
i too got notification recently. Debit card transaction are failing.
@altecher @mspokhariya17192 @rajesh66544778
So guys ur dbs acs are closed now ?!!!! (after updating address) please update….

123
Deal Subedar
287
1259
22
Expand
vickyVicky wrote:

@RK_PRO
i too got notification recently. Debit card transaction are failing.
@altecher @mspokhariya17192 @rajesh66544778
So guys ur dbs acs are closed now ?!!!! (after updating address) please update….

Not yet. I’m from Kerala and there is no branch here..so let’s see

Pikachu
Deal Cadet
78
902
40
Expand
altecher wrote:

Not yet. I’m from Kerala and there is no branch here..so let’s see

You got notification June month. You still didn’t update your address in bank account, and can able to use the account ? Were you able to use debit card still now ?

123
Deal Subedar
287
1259
22
Expand
vickyVicky wrote:

You got notification June month. You still didn’t update your address in bank account, and can able to use the account ? Were you able to use debit card still now ?

No notifications yet.
When I asked CC about this new policy, they said as long as no intimation from our end / quote “God forbid , if you lose your existing DC,  you are all good with DBS”.
Using the debit card with no issues

Missing