Do not panic and take care of your mental healt...

Do not panic and take care of your mental health as well - COVID19

243°
Missing
Deal Captain
8
8504
96

I see loads of people sharing lots of interesting news about COVID19, sadly the reality is that most news evoke negative sentiments as we are globally battling a pandemic that’s of a proportion never seen in recent decades and even the best of the countries are not ready for it.

I would like to talk about the impact it has on ones mental health. Living in continuous fear, continuous negativity and in isolation can impact your mental health in no time. I am raising this concern from experience, I myself succumbed to it and have seen numerous friends going through similar sentiments. In the last one month my health has been affected adversely because of the panic I inflected on myself, in fact, I am currently taking meds for hypertension and facing panic attacks as well when I read about news related to coronavirus. I thought 100 times before speaking out about it publicly and I am pretty sure there are plenty around who are equally panicking about the situation so this post is for everyone out there requesting to stay mentally fit.

Trust what your governments are doing, there is only so much they can do and the rest depends on how we as citizens behave. Firstly, ensure you follow all government orders without any lapse, then ensure people around you follow the same. I see numerous people expecting their maids/drivers to show up even during lockdown, when a maid who works in several homes shows up at your home it beats the very purpose of a lockdown. Make people understand the necessity of a lockdown and ensure they follow it too.

there is no perfect way to go about how a government can handle covid19 so showcasing disappointment in the way your government deals with the situation can be understood but that isn’t the solution. As I said, trust your government please! It’s much needed now.

Coming back to the point, make sure to follow some basic steps to keep your mental health stable.
1. Stay away from social media, it just swallows you deep down without you realising it. There are tons of articles being thrown around with people showcasing how scared they are about the situation. Everyones negativity will keep pooling up on you and make you even more tensed.
2. Keep yourself engaged in daily activities – clean your home, start talking to people, play multiplayer games with cousins/friends, play games with your family, watch stuff on TV together with your family in your hall TV and not in your personal laptops.
3. Ensure you read only the likes of news18 or ndtv and only once or twice. If there is something important that one has to know it will be covered on the news sites. There is no point hunting down and reading all articles on twitter/facebook, I am not discrediting the authenticity of the articles but it’s just that the negativity is too much to handle.
4. Practice meditation, at least 30 minutes per day ( can split sessions). Trust me, it helps a lot to stay calm. Just the basic meditation of staying in a silent room and not thinking about anything at all can help loads. Other meditation technique that can help relieve stress a lot is ‘anulom vilom’, search for it on youtube to get guided videos.

17 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
190
373
16

Government should be trusted when they know what they are doing. The infection has already spread and nothing can stop it but just slow it down. But the government is not ready to listen or accept this. A million Indians must be having the Covid by now. Its simple, acknowledge the problem and then prepare for it by ordering ventilators. You cant prepare for something that you dont accept. Thats the fault with our government. They are not competent enough handle this.

Missing
Deal Captain
8
8504
96
F7-Dimer-Primer wrote:

Government should be trusted when they know what they are doing. The infection has already spread and nothing can stop it but just slow it down. But the government is not ready to listen or accept this. A million Indians must be having the Covid by now. Its simple, acknowledge the problem and then prepare for it by ordering ventilators. You cant prepare for something that you dont accept. Thats the fault with our government. They are not competent enough handle this.

They might be assessing the information internally and not revealing it out to stop people from panicking. Anyways, once private testing facilities go live this week (hopefully) I am sure the real picture will come out in public.

This post was meant only to just let everyone know that they have to take care of their mental health as well. We will be facing such unrest for many more months to come and we have to be mentally fit to handle it.

Missing
Deal Cadet
190
373
16
Expand
raghupro wrote:

They might be assessing the information internally and not revealing it out to stop people from panicking. Anyways, once private testing facilities go live this week (hopefully) I am sure the real picture will come out in public.

This post was meant only to just let everyone know that they have to take care of their mental health as well. We will be facing such unrest for many more months to come and we have to be mentally fit to handle it.

The best and only method to avoid panic is to keep public truly informed whats happening around them and what steps are being taken.

I appreciate your work bro. But Corona cant be prevented, government should instead focus on providing the hospitals and ventilators. How many hospitals have we created for whats going to come? 0

Missing
Deal Cadet
53
585
7

reactions everywhere pensive

Missing
Deal Captain
8
8504
96

Again, please do not dilute this thread’s purpose. I have edited my main post and deleted most content supporting government’s initiatives. Most of the content is only aimed at request others to ensure they stay healthy mentally as well.

Cheers!

Missing
Deal Subedar
653
1435
13
raghupro wrote:

Again, please do not dilute this thread’s purpose. I have edited my main post and deleted most content supporting government’s initiatives. Most of the content is only aimed at request others to ensure they stay healthy mentally as well.

Cheers!

Some are mentally ill and throwing there nonsense in every thread. Whether they know something useful or not but surely not helping anyone with their comments. You cannot do anything for that.

Missing
Tech Guru
1,397
2800
87

Thanks for this thread @raghupro

Missing
Tech Guru
1,397
2800
87

Here is CDC’s  Mental Health  guideline during home isolation/ quarantine:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov...pa


Things you can do to support yourself:

Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.

Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep, and avoid alcohol and drugs.

Make time to unwind. Try to do some other activities you enjoy.

Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.

Call your healthcare provider if stress gets in the way of your daily activities for several days in a row.

Reduce stress in yourself and others

Sharing the facts about COVID-19 and understanding the actual risk to yourself and people you care about can make an outbreak less stressful..

When you share accurate information about COVID-19 you can help make people fe…


Check the link for Full CDC guideline.

Missing
Deal Cadet
53
585
7
Expand
Alexios wrote:

Some are mentally ill and throwing there nonsense in every thread. Whether they know something useful or not but surely not helping anyone with their comments. You cannot do anything for that.

who said you can’t do anything smile you could very well IGNORE

dnt give them attention

Missing
Deal Cadet
59
409
6

Thanks for post op. People are ignoring their mental health. I came under depression 2 days back after thinking about all those irresponsible people who are treating it like normal cold (or even air) and its consequences. I am fine now though.
Note: If anyone is under depression or panic attack, then i will suggest you to stay away from forum/social media, play indoor games and watch tv series/movies (i prefer comedy). Also spend more time with your family/partner. It will help you lighten your mood (saying from personal experiences).

Missing
Deal Subedar
195
2910
40

Most of the young guys I know say the only thing that makes them feel good is fapping, but please please don’t indulge in it, it is most similar to drugs and alcohol ,

For starter read some motivating books.

I have just started reading the discovery of India

Missing
Entertainer
1,519
25466
265
AnnamalaiNryaa wrote:

Most of the young guys I know say the only thing that makes them feel good is fapping, but please please don’t indulge in it, it is most similar to drugs and alcohol ,

For starter read some motivating books.

I have just started reading the discovery of India

Found this is twitter:  https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/609077/original/IMG_20200324_103111.jpg?1585026097

Missing
Deal Subedar
195
2910
40
Expand
Tejaa wrote:

Found this is twitter:  https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/609077/original/IMG_20200324_103111.jpg?1585026097

He is joking right, can a guy do that many times scream

Missing
Deal Cadet
206
396
9
DaBomb wrote:

Thanks for post op. People are ignoring their mental health. I came under depression 2 days back after thinking about all those irresponsible people who are treating it like normal cold (or even air) and its consequences. I am fine now though.
Note: If anyone is under depression or panic attack, then i will suggest you to stay away from forum/social media, play indoor games and watch tv series/movies (i prefer comedy). Also spend more time with your family/partner. It will help you lighten your mood (saying from personal experiences).

Same happened with me, I have cold in all seasons and since last week I was doing well with no sneeze in two days suddenly I am started continues sneezing and I was like cold_sweat cold_sweat dizzy_face

Missing
Tech Guru
1,397
2800
87
Expand
sweetestone.k92998 wrote:

Same happened with me, I have cold in all seasons and since last week I was doing well with no sneeze in two days suddenly I am started continues sneezing and I was like cold_sweat cold_sweat dizzy_face

It could be due to allergies or stress induced.

Important symptom in Corona covid-19 case is cough. If have that and doesn’t get well then do covid-19 test

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
466
5834
123

A very good thread.
Anybody, please do not post any negatives to this thread.
Appreciate your co-operation smile

Missing