ई-वॉलेट कंपनियों के भविष्य पर सवाल

206°
Deal Lieutenant
bluewine

भारी कैशबैक और डिस्काउंट के दम पर बिजनेस बढ़ाने में लगी पेटीएम जैसी ई-वॉलेट कंपनियों के भविष्य को लेकर सवाल उठने लगे हैं। देश के दिग्गज बैंक एचडीएफसी के एमडी और सीईओ आदित्य पुरी ने इन कंपनियों के बिजनेस मॉडल पर तीखी टिप्पणी की है। पुरी का कहना है कि ई-वॉलेट बिजनेस में पैसा नहीं है। ऐसे में 500 रुपये के बिल पर 250 रुपये का कैशबैक देने वाला बिजनेस टिक नहीं सकता। पुरी ने पेटीएम के बिजनेस मॉडल पर भी तीखी टिप्पणी की।

भारत में मोबाइल वॉलेट के कारोबार पर बात करें तो ये भारत में 22,000 करोड़ रुपये से ज्यादा का हो गया है जिसके 2022 तक 32,000 करोड़ रुपये होने की उम्मीद है। देश भर में पेटीएम के 18-19 करोड़ और मोबिक्विक के 3.2 करोड़ यूजर्स हैं। वहीं फोन पे के 1 करोड़ और फ्रीचार्ज के 3.5 करोड़ डाउनलोड हो चुके हैं।

18 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
  • Sort By
Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

ओयेss ओयेss ओयेss
पुरी मांगोगे तो सारी गरमा-गर्म कचौड़ी देंगे,
कैशबैक को नज़र लगाई, सर पे हथौड़ी देंगे|

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Konse Brand ki ?

View 2 more replies
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

HDFC wants to show off, by underestimating e-wallets. Forget cashback HDFC will try to recover money from customer by showing this and that fee, if possible they will try to create fees.

It’s easy to pass comments PURI, kuch karke dikhavo pehle.

Puri Shuri toh khatey rahengey.

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

+1… Looks like comment coming more out of frustration than any substance as they have already missed the bus and finding hard to stay put… https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

View 4 more replies
Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied

Cashback dene wale ko problem nahi hai.. Cashback lene wale ko problem nahi hai.. Iss puri ko kyu free mai problem ho rahi hai

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Becoz with Puri Bhaji is not given.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

I am surprised by such comments coming from a person of his position. Paytm to a very large extent is moving towards what they wanted. They gave CB on electricity payments but now they don’t and it doesn’t mean people have stopped using paytm for paying electricity bills. In the absence of other offers I prefer to still pay my electricity bill on paytm because of the ease it offers (I don’t trust mobikwik to a large extent and freecharge is ok but still I don’t use them). Someday all offers across wallets dries up and we would still continue to most likely use paytm for all the billing needs as it is trusted and can be done with ease.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Bakre ko halaal karne se pehle kuch khilaya-pilaya jaata hai. This HDFC CEO must understand this.

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied

what a intelligence of ceo/md of one of top indian bank .
kake agar loss hi h to kaiko payzapp launch kia , that too from HDFC . even given so many offers in past 1 year and still giving .
Now things are out of control and paytm is no doubt no 1 in this business . no one is even close , and payzapp is not even in top 4 even after giving so many offer , failed to gain major hold , that’s why saying oh no wallet business is useless , grapes are sour !
and he forgot/ignored that paytm offers are now almost finished in compare to other wallet companies , check past 4-5 month offers . paytm is now only investing money in spreading business . donno about others but paytm is not going anywhere with its current module and business environment .

Link Copied

When you can’t flourish self, then curse others
Mr. Puri had/has a strong vision for HDFC & like it or don’t like it, HDFC continued to maintain profit growth rate of 15-20%
They were among those bankers who cried foul when Paytm / mobikwik gained traction as they were earning big time with their banking offerings
So it was obvious they didn’t like someone new eating their share. They could never grasp that fact
Payzapp launch was just to counter these non banking wallets & mind it they have India earned money to burn which they did over last one year
But peculiar thing with hdfc is that want to earn from every business they do & this payzapp is cutting their throat
It may not bring their NIM down or impact profitability much still they know with increasing digitization & increased usage of these wallets their share may reduce a bit over a longer period
His comment is nothing but venting out of inner pain
They as a business rule never wanted to be in this rat race but are forced to burn their pockets https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif
Eventually all wallets will reduce monetary benefits & offer ease of use, convenience, on-the-go as benefit
To sustain for long term that’s necessary & I find his comments relevant in business sense but as end beneficiary for us those are not positive https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

@ranjithsai01
@cody
@Plato
2nd division laave chora to samjho jaise fail
Pani puri, bhel puri, sev puri ya Bhaaji puri
Sari Puri achchi lagti hai, Chahe use karo ghee ya tel
@BatraJi

Link Copied

@blue wine

Tujhe shayad yaad hoga, Tere jawaani ke Dino me Rajasthan Patrika was sold for 2.25-2.50, Dainik Navjyoti etc all had similar rates, RP even charged so much for obituary ads
But then came Dainik Bhaskar which initially threw papers for free & cut rates to 1.50, had many color pages not b/w (black & white not blue wine https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif ) like RP used to give https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_evil.gif
Initially RP & others tried to fleece us by those emotional editorial about costing & pricing but after seeing drop they reduced their rates too
Competition is necessary for any system & existing hook holders never like new entrants eating their business
Same goes with ecomm

@gotrajk
@Alpha.Barood
@yogeshgemini

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Ya I remember that .. We used to get so many colored paper with danik bhaskar.. They also did a survey before launching..

replyuser
Click here to reply