Hotness Facebook users: Beware FB tracking you offline ...

Hot Deal Facebook users: Beware FB tracking you offline as well a serious threat to your privacy

485°
Missing
Deal Cadet
109
628
13

Are you aware of a new feature that Facebook added since the February 1st update?

Many of you probably don’t know that over the past 8 weeks Facebook has been monitoring and tracking what you do when you’re offline and not on Facebook.

I suggest you to look now as you won’t believe what they see.
To see what they are seeing,

🔷Go to Facebook settings➡️scroll down to Your Facebook Information➡️Click on Off-Facebook Activity.

You can see the list in Manage Your Off-Facebook Activity.

To shut it down… in the same setting, click on ‘More Options’ Go into Manage Future Activity and turn it off.

You may want to clear the history as well.

27 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
Missing
Community Angel
42
31608
517

Apps are more data hungry than websites, always use websites as much as possible

Missing
Deal Subedar
143
1064
22

Thanks bro, just got surprised to see all my app on Facebook, even Facebook have saved data of my upstox and 5paisa.

Missing
Deal Subedar
15
1013
9
Sunasuna wrote:

Thanks bro, just got surprised to see all my app on Facebook, even Facebook have saved data of my upstox and 5paisa.

What data of upstox?

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
1347
11

No Facebook, No Whatsapp…Only Telegram!

Missing
Deal Captain
45
10692
73
Time_pass wrote:

No Facebook, No Whatsapp…Only Telegram!

Good smile. No fb since 2014

Missing
Deal Cadet
313
483
4

@Shahskm good info. I dont use facebook app. Use only website and right now turned off this activity. Vu

Missing
Deal Subedar
143
1064
22
Expand
cocay wrote:

What data of upstox?

I really don’t know what data they were having of my upstox, but at the time of deactivation I got list of some apps on Facebook page which I use it regularly, am surprised to know how they came to know about this apps as I never links this apps with Facebook for log in. Nor am having Facebook/messenger app installed on my phone, am using Facebook only through browser.

Missing
Deal Cadet
17
735
16

Even if u do this… They still have permissions to track you… Just that it won’t show up to u.. Useless to do it anyways

Missing
Deal Cadet
111
355
3

Facebook, Google, tiktok, etc primary business is your privacy

Missing
Deal Cadet
54
360
0

Thanks nice info vu

Missing
Deal Subedar
266
1454
29

Desidime.com and other websites or apps have shared your activity with Facebook.

Also, even if turned off -
We’ll still receive activity from the businesses and organisations you visit. It may be used for measurement purposes and to make improvements to our ads systems, but it will be disconnected from your account.

Missing
Community Angel
42
31608
517
nomag wrote:

Desidime.com and other websites or apps have shared your activity with Facebook.

Also, even if turned off -
We’ll still receive activity from the businesses and organisations you visit. It may be used for measurement purposes and to make improvements to our ads systems, but it will be disconnected from your account.

FB runs on data, they cant stop collecting that, disabling this is just for mental satisfaction stuck_out_tongue

Missing
Deal Cadet
109
628
13
Expand
androgame wrote:

FB runs on data, they cant stop collecting that, disabling this is just for mental satisfaction stuck_out_tongue

What about deleting account 😉… I deleted in 2017.

Missing
Community Angel
42
31608
517
Expand
Shahskm wrote:

What about deleting account 😉… I deleted in 2017.

They keep all date at backend .
Once you have arrived on internet , you can never depart wink

Missing
Deal Cadet
352
972
13

I have also observed this thing few times since last 2 years. Fb is listening to our conversations even in offline. Once I was talking about a random topic with friends like ‘Sheikh in Dubai and middle east might have much more money than richest people in world but that is not accounted anywhere’. Then after 10 minutes I was just scrolling through fb and it suggests a random article ‘showing worth of sheikh in Dubai and middle east’.

Same incident happened one more time with me and I uninstalled the app. Now I open fb through my browser if needed on mobile also.

Missing
Deal Cadet
109
628
13
Expand
androgame wrote:

They keep all date at backend .
Once you have arrived on internet , you can never depart wink

Haha right bro. It’s inevitable. After all we never read t&c privacy policy while signing up anywhere it clearly mentions that they can use our data & share to any 3rd party… Sad part and we can’t raise any question on it except restricting ourself.

Missing
Community Angel
42
31608
517
Expand
Shahskm wrote:

Haha right bro. It’s inevitable. After all we never read t&c privacy policy while signing up anywhere it clearly mentioned that they can use our data & share to any 3rd party… Sad part and we can’t raise any question on it except restricting ourself.

There’s no way out of protecting privacy these days bro, only the unlisted tribes living in some jungle are safe stuck_out_tongue

Missing
Deal Subedar
9
2368
88
androgame wrote:

Apps are more data hungry than websites, always use websites as much as possible

I only give them those permissions which are actually needed. If they force me to give all permissions i directly uninstall it.

Missing
Deal Cadet
109
628
13
Expand
androgame wrote:

There’s no way out of protecting privacy these days bro, only the unlisted tribes living in some jungle are safe stuck_out_tongue

Hmm.. remember some days before one dimer was worried about his Google drive private content 😅

Missing
Deal Subedar
9
2368
88
Sunasuna wrote:

Thanks bro, just got surprised to see all my app on Facebook, even Facebook have saved data of my upstox and 5paisa.

flushed confused
Missing
Deal Cadet
109
628
13
Expand
mrKool_JJ wrote:

I only give them those permissions which are actually needed. If they force me to give all permissions i directly uninstall it.

Same here… Thanks to my pixel for wonderful privacy management.

Missing
Deal Cadet
109
628
13
Sunasuna wrote:

Thanks bro, just got surprised to see all my app on Facebook, even Facebook have saved data of my upstox and 5paisa.

We never know what more things they will be sharing. Hope credentials are safe.

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
1347
11

DISABLE COOKIES AS WELL!
(But you will need to log in again and again)

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
7
3451
78

facebook website from desktop also mining data when no logged in also
how to stop that ?

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
418
3266
85
SARDARKHAN wrote:

facebook website from desktop also mining data when no logged in also
how to stop that ?

logout fb and clear all browser data.

use fb only in incognito mode or best use fb in tor browser only.

Na rahega bas na bajega basuri

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
7
3451
78
Expand
siddudeagarwal wrote:

logout fb and clear all browser data.

use fb only in incognito mode or best use fb in tor browser only.

Na rahega bas na bajega basuri

ok going to do this

thanks and kg

I am getting bored at home
I swear once this corona is over
insta and fb will not get traffic from me at least

sad that I dont have alternate for whatsapp as others use it extensively confused

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
418
3266
85
Expand
SARDARKHAN wrote:

ok going to do this

thanks and kg

I am getting bored at home
I swear once this corona is over
insta and fb will not get traffic from me at least

sad that I dont have alternate for whatsapp as others use it extensively confused

Am sure you will love this. Infotainment category

https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-onlin...

Missing