Flipkart Launches eKart Courier Service for Con...

Flipkart Launches eKart Courier Service for Consumers in Bangalore and NCR

Score: 8 Votes: 8
Score: 8 Votes: 8
Score: 8 Votes: 8
Score: 8 Votes: 8
Score: 8 Votes: 8
Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
38015
643

Received an email today from Flipkart with the following image:

https://i.imgur.com/4LGergg.png


Basically, they have opened up their internal logistics service to consumers in Bangalore and NCR (for now). So the package pickup pincode has to be in either of these areas, but the delivery pincode could be in any of their serviceable areas.

Website: https://www.ekartcouri...om (intermittent outages currently https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif)

Related News Article: http://yourstory.com/2016/05/flipkarts-ekart-co...

23 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar
1
246
1126
13

It’s likely because they’re not generating enough volumes for eKart to be profitable in the near term, unlike ATS from Amazon as the latter’s business is booming https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Sad to see the state of affairs but FK brought it upon themselves, the CC support is still apathetic to users’ plight!

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
7
98
3604
33

Not serving all PIN codes.

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
38015
643
@disclaimer wrote:

Not serving all PIN codes.


Nah, not all pin codes. But, as per the linked YourStory article, they do serve about 3800 pin codes.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
7
98
3604
33
@DealSeeker wrote:

@disclaimer wrote:

Not serving all PIN codes.


Nah, not all pin codes. But, as per the linked YourStory article, they do serve about 3800 pin codes.

Apologies for the ambiguity but I meant NCR and Bangalore pin codes for pickup.

Thumbimgcrop 1450249086032
Deal Subedar
1
128
1982
16

@@krishna429333@@ bro please read msg

ad bot
1
1
1
1
Ad Bot

I found this sponsored content on one of the ad networks.

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
38015
643
@disclaimer wrote:

Apologies for the ambiguity but I meant NCR and Bangalore pin codes for pickup.

I see. Well, that wasn’t expected. But considering that even Amazon Now (the grocery service) is still restricted to select pin codes in Bangalore after more than a year of starting their operations, this launch situation for a Flipkart’s venture is somewhat understandable.

Giphy %282%29
Deal Lieutenant
6
219
4802
47
@DealSeeker wrote:

@disclaimer wrote:

Apologies for the ambiguity but I meant NCR and Bangalore pin codes for pickup.

I see. Well, that wasn’t expected. But considering that even Amazon Now (the grocery service) is still restricted to select pin codes in Bangalore after more than a year of starting their operations, this launch situation for a Flipkart’s venture is somewhat understandable.


Sir u write bestest English in Desidime. If you are so well literated why are you kill time on DD? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
38015
643
@19 Female Gurgaon wrote:

…If you are so well literated why are you kill time on DD? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif

You say that with the assumption that being literate educated and killing spending time on DD are two mutually exclusive things. They are not.

As for why I spend my time here, I have my reasons. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Osho
Critic
21
169
13308
214
@DealSeeker wrote:



As for why I spend my time here, I have my reasons. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif


Yes. DealSeeker, the Great does not move even his little finger without a reason. But the reasons are all private. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Osho
Critic
21
169
13308
214
@19 Female Gurgaon wrote:

Sir u write bestest English in Desidime. If you are so well literated why are you kill time on DD? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif


That’s one of the BESTEST English I have ever come across. Keep it up! https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Fire brand bal thackeray   life and times   photos 1563
Deal Subedar
1
131
2784
24
@19 Female Gurgaon wrote:

@DealSeeker wrote:

@disclaimer wrote:

Apologies for the ambiguity but I meant NCR and Bangalore pin codes for pickup.

I see. Well, that wasn’t expected. But considering that even Amazon Now (the grocery service) is still restricted to select pin codes in Bangalore after more than a year of starting their operations, this launch situation for a Flipkart’s venture is somewhat understandable.


Sir u write bestest English in Desidime. If you are so well literated why are you kill time on DD? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif

Looks like you haven’t come across @Mr.Spock yet https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif
When it comes to @DealSeeker ,There are only two things you can do.
1.Appreciate him.
2.Do the first thing again https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif
Desidime is blessed to have you sir.

Images
Moderator
2
214
13526
208
@sagardrokr wrote:

@19 Female Gurgaon wrote:

@DealSeeker wrote:

@disclaimer wrote:

Apologies for the ambiguity but I meant NCR and Bangalore pin codes for pickup.

I see. Well, that wasn’t expected. But considering that even Amazon Now (the grocery service) is still restricted to select pin codes in Bangalore after more than a year of starting their operations, this launch situation for a Flipkart’s venture is somewhat understandable.


Sir u write bestest English in Desidime. If you are so well literated why are you kill time on DD? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif

Looks like you haven’t come across @Mr.Spock yet https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif
When it comes to @DealSeeker ,There are only two things you can do.
1.Appreciate him.
2.Do the first thing again https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif
Desidime is blessed to have you sir.

Loop https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

India
Deal Major
4
96
15144
122

Whats common between @DealSeeker and Virat Kohli ?

Both can make us fall in love again and again. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

P.S. Do not take otherwise. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Thumbimgcrop 1450249086032
Deal Subedar
1
128
1982
16

@@DeakSeeker@@ sir ki English ab to chat karne par bhi dar lagta hai kahi koi galati na nikal jae. 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌
You must start English coaching on dd..

Thumbimgcrop 1450249086032
Deal Subedar
1
128
1982
16
@sukhichd710 wrote:

@@DeakSeeker@@ sir ki English ab to chat karne par bhi dar lagta hai kahi koi galati na nikal jae. 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌
You must start English coaching on dd..

lol new name invented deakseeker 😂 😂 sorry @DealSeeker

Open uri20161119 27009 2xv7rv
Deal Captain
0
276
10781
160
@$hubham wrote: …t’s likely because they’re not generating enough volumes for eKart to be profitable in the near term
…Sad to see the state of affairs but FK brought it upon themselves…

i have mixed reactions nod and disagreement on this actually.

keeping aside the ‘brought it upon itself’ part for the moment; everyone has the right and rather responsibility towards their investors/ equity holders to maximise the returns and create every opportunity for the same. including long term vision/ steps towards the same.

before i can take up the case of FOSL, i’d like for others/you to note

that it is standard process to reverse merge companies (sister concern to parent) or change holding patterns where there arecross holdings OR to de-link businesses and hive them off into a separate entity for monetising the same later.


in telecom
Reliance http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f4706bc6-783b-11db-be... , Bharti http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSBMA00024620.... , BATATA Idea http://in.reuters.com/article/idea-tower-idINBO... Tata Telee , even BSNL :shocker: http://www.livemint.com/Companies/TGBfK5AyXV6Yf...

back in 2006-2008, all of ’em wanted to make hay while the sun shines ( बहती गंगा में हाथ धोना / behati Ganga mei haath dhona)

These were times when, random big businesses wanted to infiltrate ‘the great’ Indian market http://www.business-standard.com/article/compan...


now cut to these high burn rate, here today gone tomorrow mushrooming companies.. fondly called start-ups and ..quick to shut-down [some even shut-up.. as in they start-up then shut-down, but again get revived so: shut-up]

not just them (Flipkart), Jabong’s Gojavas went third party ( this number http://www.desidime.com/searches/18001...46 used to connect to Jabong staff back then). many others tried to make the best use of capacities or scale units up to make them look lucrative in the marriage market valuations/ sell-off market.

Snapdeal too dabbled to create paper companies to do financial jugulary. interestingly read the very last line here http://www.financialexpress.com/article/industr...

if every Tom Samganda and Harry from DTDC to Mahindra to TVS or even India Posts have an on-line sales/sites dedicated logistical wing with its separate valuation and new monies from investors. then why not idiotickart ? http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/20... this is as per planned progress

..
.
as for speculations and chest thumping that ATS is profitable or EKL isn’t.. well it might get construed as an empty rhetoric.
one month one portal says we are number one by sales, next month the next one.
and believe you me, all these arms squeeze the sellers like hell. the logistics company gets paid for every order even when the dummy orders are placed by frustrated or mischievous customers or parcel refused on genuine orders.
so an EKL or ATS is no different from an IPS (India Post) or DHL/Fedex who get paid the carriage costs.

I think the logistical services are are in-fact a good money making racquet and help subsidise the losses from other blunders or forced mergers.
really can not speak on the service aspect or Customer Care as i stopped even looking at Flipkart for anything (for self).
do get sometimes forced to check it on demand of younger relatives. but i prefer to avoid that whimsical organisation like the bubonic plague.

W563
Deal Subedar
8
407
2767
105

Op,
It depends. Indeed its a very good move by them. I can leverage my efficiency. Suppose FK delivers a package and I want to send one I can opt for them instead of doing all the chores.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
7
98
3604
33
@Sherl wrote:

Op,
It depends. Indeed its a very good move by them. I can leverage my efficiency. Suppose FK delivers a package and I want to send one I can opt for them instead of doing all the chores.


You still buy from flipkart https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

W563
Deal Subedar
8
407
2767
105
@disclaimer wrote:

@Sherl wrote:

Op,
It depends. Indeed its a very good move by them. I can leverage my efficiency. Suppose FK delivers a package and I want to send one I can opt for them instead of doing all the chores.


You still buy from flipkart https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

It depends on the offer. To empty my wallet I am hunting for deals, Last was Adidas sipper which is still lying inside the package,

Madhavan
Deal Subedar
11
72
2458
73
@Sherl wrote:

@disclaimer wrote:

@Sherl wrote:

Op,
It depends. Indeed its a very good move by them. I can leverage my efficiency. Suppose FK delivers a package and I want to send one I can opt for them instead of doing all the chores.


You still buy from flipkart https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

It depends on the offer. To empty my wallet I am hunting for deals, Last was Adidas sipper which is still lying inside the package,


their offer on apparels are still good every other day.

W563
Deal Subedar
8
407
2767
105
@maddydilip wrote:

@Sherl wrote:

@disclaimer wrote:

@Sherl wrote:

Op,
It depends. Indeed its a very good move by them. I can leverage my efficiency. Suppose FK delivers a package and I want to send one I can opt for them instead of doing all the chores.


You still buy from flipkart https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

It depends on the offer. To empty my wallet I am hunting for deals, Last was Adidas sipper which is still lying inside the package,


their offer on apparels are still good every other day.


Dont think so. Still AMazon takes me here.
When Flipkart hits 75% its good but not their regular offers.

Open uri20161119 27009 2xv7rv
Deal Captain
0
276
10781
160

thenku for posting this update @DealSeeker https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

coming as it is late, i only tried to test/book it last night and it seems to be in order in the initial steps i tried.

it is a writing on the wall that once the sharks (Jack Ma, Sears type guys or Ikea etcetera) get their bite of the market, folks like FOSL will have to seriously work on duping the public https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif to fund them. [Transaltion: launch an IPO drive to mop funds]

EKL already went B2B for third parties long back, good that they are trying full utilisation by going B2C too and C2C too ! [is there any such abbreviation as C2C :OOPS: ]


slightly tangential, but every-time i find a Vistaara or IPS or Bluefart or durgati disturbing my peace for pick-up or dehlivery, rather than the in-house services of the portals

i make it a point to register my displeasure.

of late, it is surprising to find that in locations like Tier II cities.. or even in say; Indore

folks like ATS or Bluedart who often get 4000-5000 tracking ids daily, are not more interested to pay others on job work basis rather than having contractual labour themselves.

ATS in Indore (unconfirmed) I am told by staff, has had people (delivery boys) quitting for personal or professional reasons and the attrition of even 60-70% is being compensated by out-sourcing the deliveries and pick-ups to contracted agencies.

i see good future for even half as systematic organisations as Bluedart or EKL in the long run in the domestic cargo business, especially if this mad rush sustains for a decade or two.

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
38015
643
@Spock wrote:

i see good future for even half as systematic organisations as Bluedart or EKL in the long run in the domestic cargo business, especially if this mad rush sustains for a decade or two.


Fully agree! The same is also true for corrugated/other packaging materials. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Missing