Fraudulent card transactions rising

Fraudulent card transactions rising

238°
2fe5af7d59a843a54c81864e000af6fa0fc719e3 hq
Deal Cadet
2
206
670
8

Last week I got an otp for my scb card without my using it or knowing, at irctc, hence had to block it and request replacement.

Yesterday, i received one sms stating my axis card was used for some one dollar at facebook.com, so I immediately blocked it, and what followed next is a slew of that card usage started from high amount which was declined and the person starts using it for various amounts before stopping till he reached 30 rupees usage, all declined …. all which I got alert in form of email messages stating all declined

It is on the rise .. not sure where they got the details, as i use cards everywhere… Be careful guys

27 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
0
66
188
7

🙄U r trying to say something serious but from the second sentence onwards I don’t understand in which language you are to trying to convey it🤷🏻‍♂️
Kindly re-edit it

791361346 il 340x270 484745109 s3f2
Deal Cadet
0
71
464
6

contact to branch manager , stating that problem , if amount deducted without providing otp , money will be reversed

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
16
64
4830
94

OMG what happened to Digital India Cashless society

sunglasses
Missing
Deal Cadet
0
66
188
7
handsome wrote:

contact to branch manager , stating that problem , if amount deducted without providing otp , money will be reversed

No it won’t be. My F-I-L already lost 25k in such a way and bank manager claims that Hez not responsible. What’s fishing is…… On the same day he went to give complain there are few other customers by the time he reached the bank who faced the similar issue. Looks like they might be attacking the banks which are poorly secured.

Independence day15
Blogger
6
211
3667
48
desidude2013 wrote:

OMG what happened to Digital India Cashless society

sunglasses

Bhai uski help kar sakte h to karo . Faltu me panic create mat karo .

btw how do you shop online ? bcoz digital txn to pasand hi nhi apko .

Independence day15
Blogger
6
211
3667
48

Op either you used card on unsafe site which saved and leaked details or card cloning case . while using ATM check slot properly where you insert card .
And avoid pos machines for main card . check here https://www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/...

Better to have 2 bank accounts one as a main account and keep all funds there .
2nd account for all online offline transactions .
Avoid mobile for online txn if you can’t search spyware on mobile .
Use incognito mode/antivirus safe mode for online txns .
Set up otp method for all cards , don’t use fixed password option Like VBV for debit/credit cards .
Block international txn on your debit card if you don’t need it .
Once i heard companies provide insurance facility for credit cards , so avail such service if you can find such .
And many other ways which one should search before becoming digital/online geek .

………..

also i am sure most of people here save card details on websites for faster checkout , so it is unsafe , they may claim it is saved in encrypted form , but recently hacking of all twitter account passwords , in past zomato and other companies hack enough to prove how much fund they spend on security .
so don’t save card details even on a trusted website , or use secondary account for such txns .

Missing
Deal Subedar
3
120
2012
26

The thing is card frauds happened in past too but were not reported that much because of lesser usage. Today when many using it unsafely as they rarely aware of risk and also how to keep themselves safe, they are at receiving end. People lock down their homes, their cars or whatever they feel as precious and can be taken care off but with CC/DC, they are too much careless. Not all but many. There is a feature to limit no. of txn and amount but they won’t use it or don’t know about it. There are ewallet cards available which they can use but even at high risk offline places they use their main card directly as they found other methods to keep themselves safe time consuming.

The worst thing people do is give their pins to other. Even a family member should not know about it until you fully trust him or he/she not a high spender. I never used my main cards on any website and I don’t give a damn to offers but again if you want to avail offer better not to store card info and keep a check on daily limit amount. Once you use it, visit netbanking or App and lower down limits and modify it when you need more. We don’t require high value txn everyday.

My advice-

People should make others aware too on how to be safe with these day to day things which are slowly becoming part of life.

1. Use alternate physical card like Pockets, Udio or whoever provides for offline txn rather than original card which can be for ATM cash txn only. Don’t do cash txn for little amounts as that will increase the risk of ATM fraud by copying data as you don’t know which ATM is having slot with mala fide intentions.

2. Use netbanking more than cards for online and yes pockets have option for netbanking too so you don’t need to use your original ones too. Other payment banks can fulfill the same purpose like Airtel Payments Bank or Paytm. If you still want to use keep checking your Txn Amt limit anf after use bring it down.

3. Your CC/DC limit should be modified according to need every week.

4. Virtual cards are another safe methods like provided by HDFC netsafe which I use mostly for electricity bills on Paytm.

5. Your passwords, pins should be hard to guess and must not be written anywhere. Don’t use same passwords or Pins for different cards.

6. Never throw your ATM receipt without fully destroying it as it reveals your balance info. when you go for txn like Mini Stmt etc.

7. For online txn, you should always keep track of where you use your info and as told before never store card info no matter how big claims of safety are made. Entering it won’t hurt your fingers either.

8. eWallet serve the purpose for many online txn but never keep big balance and add whenever you need. Don’t go for many eWallets as you don’t know which one will leak your data. stuck_out_tongue

9. The mobile number registered with main bank account should not be used at unsafe websites just for sake of offers. My bank RMN is actually the number which is never shared even with my owns and it is registered to banks only. Aadhaar has different number than bank. grinning

10. Backup and delete your SMS regularly as apps these days can access it and reveal info. about your bank details.

Lastly, help others to be safe by telling them. Though companies and banks do put up banners and info is written everywhere yet people are mostly ignorant and even if it is in their native language they don’t want to give it a damn look.

132
Deal Subedar
1
33
1352
49

How come these things r happening? @desidude2013
R u transacting in sites where in there is no kind of encryption provided?
Provide the list of transactions (online) done in the past few weeks so that you can jot your problem as in where did this fraud happen..

I personally dont use my dc quite nowadays well as far as the upi no is concerned i alteast do 2 upi transactions/day o.O

This is worrying my now..

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
16
64
4830
94
Expand
Mirror wrote:

Bhai uski help kar sakte h to karo . Faltu me panic create mat karo .

btw how do you shop online ? bcoz digital txn to pasand hi nhi apko .

what panic did i create??? i was asking what happened to The Great Digital India Initiative

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
16
64
4830
94
mrKool_JJ wrote:

How come these things r happening? @desidude2013
R u transacting in sites where in there is no kind of encryption provided?
Provide the list of transactions (online) done in the past few weeks so that you can jot your problem as in where did this fraud happen..

I personally dont use my dc quite nowadays well as far as the upi no is concerned i alteast do 2 upi transactions/day o.O

This is worrying my now..

i have not posted the topic bro…. check the OP…

132
Deal Subedar
1
33
1352
49
Expand
desidude2013 wrote:

i have not posted the topic bro…. check the OP…

u had posted that digital india comment hence i did tag u.

Independence day15
Blogger
6
211
3667
48
Expand
mrKool_JJ wrote:

u had posted that digital india comment hence i did tag u.

laughing

.

by the way already posted my experience which a person should use to avoid such misuse of card . it can happen to anyone if he/she ignore security .

i expected at least in this thread people will share their experience or help the person who is under attack of hackers .

also admin should post a sticky thread for all people specially newbies to avoid all online frauds and even offline fraud with digital technology . you cant run away from technology only bcoz of lack of knowledge and fear of hacking .

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
16
64
4830
94
Expand
mrKool_JJ wrote:

u had posted that digital india comment hence i did tag u.

thats what – i also as a citizen want to know – how much secured is digital India???

the govt just keeps blasting speakers… go online, digital blah blah…. what security do they provide…

is our money safe….

Independence day15
Blogger
6
211
3667
48
Expand
desidude2013 wrote:

thats what – i also as a citizen want to know – how much secured is digital India???

the govt just keeps blasting speakers… go online, digital blah blah…. what security do they provide…

is our money safe….

how government is related to this thread .

if someone have not full knowledge of using such things , we should help him like a elder brother . we should not create panic and ask him oh no don’t use debit card / netbanking .

and esa to hai nhi aap debit card use nahi karte , so baki logo ko govt ka nam leke kyu dara rahe ho . wase bhi bank issues card , not the govt . security is concern of that bank

kal ko flipkart ka account hack ho gya to bologe digital india ka kya hua .

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
16
64
4830
94
Expand
Mirror wrote:

how government is related to this thread .

if someone have not full knowledge of using such things , we should help him like a elder brother . we should not create panic and ask him oh no don’t use debit card / netbanking .

and esa to hai nhi aap debit card use nahi karte , so baki logo ko govt ka nam leke kyu dara rahe ho . wase bhi bank issues card , not the govt .

i use net banking only as of now…. sunglasses

again – where is the panic??? is asking questions creating panic

rolleyes

so govt is not responsible for safety of people money???? wah sahi hai bidu

laughing
Independence day15
Blogger
6
211
3667
48
Expand
desidude2013 wrote:

i use net banking only as of now…. sunglasses

again – where is the panic??? is asking questions creating panic

rolleyes

so govt is not responsible for safety of people money???? wah sahi hai bidu

netbanking bhi digital india me hi aata h .

and if you don’t know how to use netbanking then it also can be hacked .

if you share your OTP with hacker and then say govt return my money . if someone clone your card . in such cases govt is responsible ?

and i request you again keep this politics limited to political section , if you can help the OP then do otherwise please don’t do what you do all time .
you people have power to divert any topic to govt , master , 56 inch .

Independence day15
Blogger
6
211
3667
48
chingumboy wrote:

The thing is card frauds happened in past too but were not reported that much because of lesser usage. Today when many using it unsafely as they rarely aware of risk and also how to keep themselves safe, they are at receiving end. People lock down their homes, their cars or whatever they feel as precious and can be taken care off but with CC/DC, they are too much careless. Not all but many. There is a feature to limit no. of txn and amount but they won’t use it or don’t know about it. There are ewallet cards available which they can use but even at high risk offline places they use their main card directly as they found other methods to keep themselves safe time consuming.

The worst thing people do is give their pins to other. Even a family member should not know about it until you fully trust him or he/she not a high spender. I never used my main cards on any website and I don’t give a damn to offers but again if you want to avail offer better not to store card info and keep a check on daily limit amount. Once you use it, visit netbanking or App and lower down limits and modify it when you need more. We don’t require high value txn everyday.

My advice-

People should make others aware too on how to be safe with these day to day things which are slowly becoming part of life.

1. Use alternate physical card like Pockets, Udio or whoever provides for offline txn rather than original card which can be for ATM cash txn only. Don’t do cash txn for little amounts as that will increase the risk of ATM fraud by copying data as you don’t know which ATM is having slot with mala fide intentions.

2. Use netbanking more than cards for online and yes pockets have option for netbanking too so you don’t need to use your original ones too. Other payment banks can fulfill the same purpose like Airtel Payments Bank or Paytm. If you still want to use keep checking your Txn Amt limit anf after use bring it down.

3. Your CC/DC limit should be modified according to need every week.

4. Virtual cards are another safe methods like provided by HDFC netsafe which I use mostly for electricity bills on Paytm.

5. Your passwords, pins should be hard to guess and must not be written anywhere. Don’t use same passwords or Pins for different cards.

6. Never throw your ATM receipt without fully destroying it as it reveals your balance info. when you go for txn like Mini Stmt etc.

7. For online txn, you should always keep track of where you use your info and as told before never store card info no matter how big claims of safety are made. Entering it won’t hurt your fingers either.

8. eWallet serve the purpose for many online txn but never keep big balance and add whenever you need. Don’t go for many eWallets as you don’t know which one will leak your data. stuck_out_tongue

9. The mobile number registered with main bank account should not be used at unsafe websites just for sake of offers. My bank RMN is actually the number which is never shared even with my owns and it is registered to banks only. Aadhaar has different number than bank. grinning

10. Backup and delete your SMS regularly as apps these days can access it and reveal info. about your bank details.

Lastly, help others to be safe by telling them. Though companies and banks do put up banners and info is written everywhere yet people are mostly ignorant and even if it is in their native language they don’t want to give it a damn look.

@desidude2013 hope this post and my post is enough to help you how to save yourself from hacks . also you can google and know how to avoid hacks , i was seriously not aware that you even don’t use debit or credit cards bcoz of such fear .

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
16
64
4830
94
Expand
Mirror wrote:

netbanking bhi digital india me hi aata h .

and if you don’t know how to use netbanking then it also can be hacked .

if you share your OTP with hacker and then say govt return my money . if someone clone your card . in such cases govt is responsible ?

and i request you again keep this politics limited to political section , if you can help the OP then do otherwise please don’t do what you do all time .
you people have power to divert any topic to govt , master , 56 inch .

Digital India initiative was pushed more by this govt – so its their responsibility to make people aware and provide security one cannot just lay hands off that I am not responsible if people loose money…. if hackers are so powerful that means some where security is not fullproof…

be it any govt – they can write off // waive off loans but when it comes to this part then they say we cannot help

rolleyes
Independence day15
Blogger
6
211
3667
48
Expand
desidude2013 wrote:

Digital India initiative was pushed more by this govt – so its their responsibility to make people aware and provide security one cannot just lay hands off that I am not responsible if people loose money…. if hackers are so powerful that means some where security is not fullproof…

be it any govt – they can write off // waive off loans but when it comes to this part then they say we cannot help

rolleyes

sorry not interested to stretch it more in this important thread , but you can ask same in political section will definitely reply .

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
16
64
4830
94
Expand
Mirror wrote:

@desidude2013 hope this post and my post is enough to help you how to save yourself from hacks . also you can google and know how to avoid hacks , i was seriously not aware that you even don’t use debit or credit cards bcoz of such fear .

i dont have credit card…. and debit card i avoid using it online or offline…. only net banking is what i use…

sunglasses
Missing
Deal Lieutenant
16
64
4830
94
Expand
Mirror wrote:

sorry not interested to stretch it more in this important thread , but you can ask same in political section will definitely reply .

thank you very much for your reply…

sunglasses
2fe5af7d59a843a54c81864e000af6fa0fc719e3 hq
Deal Cadet
2
206
670
8
mrKool_JJ wrote:

How come these things r happening? @desidude2013
R u transacting in sites where in there is no kind of encryption provided?
Provide the list of transactions (online) done in the past few weeks so that you can jot your problem as in where did this fraud happen..

I personally dont use my dc quite nowadays well as far as the upi no is concerned i alteast do 2 upi transactions/day o.O

This is worrying my now..

I have doubts that some of the petrol stations are doing these, as i used both these cards for petrol…

I never transact in any unknown website, i only use the cards only in the reputed websites/apps, so even they are not safe these days, its better that all credit card companies come up with virtual cards for all our online usages.

132
Deal Subedar
1
33
1352
49
Expand
Varada wrote:

I have doubts that some of the petrol stations are doing these, as i used both these cards for petrol…

I never transact in any unknown website, i only use the cards only in the reputed websites/apps, so even they are not safe these days, its better that all credit card companies come up with virtual cards for all our online usages.

as far as refuelling my car tank is concerned, i always prefer iocl pumps.
and yes i do pay through my dc flushed
What’s going on cry

L4ud4kxe 400x400
Deal Subedar
23
1,006
1503
10

I can’t understand, how anyone can do unauthorise txn. without OTP? Is it possible?

791361346 il 340x270 484745109 s3f2
Deal Cadet
0
71
464
6
Expand
jaydeep_sunny wrote:

No it won’t be. My F-I-L already lost 25k in such a way and bank manager claims that Hez not responsible. What’s fishing is…… On the same day he went to give complain there are few other customers by the time he reached the bank who faced the similar issue. Looks like they might be attacking the banks which are poorly secured.

they will help , mu cousin got his money back . it will take around 15 days process .

00000915
Deal Cadet
0
288
482
4
Imharsh wrote:

I can’t understand, how anyone can do unauthorise txn. without OTP? Is it possible?

It is possible becarefull using online and offline. Now a days fraud transaction rising. Use card only if need and in other words carry cash offline. It will be risky somewhere smile

Independence day15
Blogger
6
211
3667
48

sharing this video again , please must watch it . people are so careless they only learn lesson after a big loss . it may not be related to op issue , but this kind of fraud are now rising in india .
.

..

also beware of sim card cloning , hyderabad crime branch shared a post on sim card cloning . scammers cant simply clone anything if you are smart , they do play tricks and you will fall in trap ..

Missing