Good vegetarian restaurants in Munnar and Alleppey

Good vegetarian restaurants in Munnar and Alleppey

112°
Cropped 749861292
Deal Subedar
129
1395
21

Hi All,

I am visiting Munnar and Alleppey over next few days.
If you’re a local then please suggest me some good vegetarian restaurants.

19 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
50
135
8

I had visited munnar 1month back and there is a restaurant coming on the way when u go to munnar. The restaurant is Saravana Bhawan and it is very good restaurant with full of traditional recipes… Also its 100% pure veg… There are less veg hotels in munnar this is the best and rare hotel u will find
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=...

In alleppey we ate food from our hotel restaurant only… It was good 4star hotel with less rstes

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
135
8
namanmakkar wrote:

I had visited munnar 1month back and there is a restaurant coming on the way when u go to munnar. The restaurant is Saravana Bhawan and it is very good restaurant with full of traditional recipes… Also its 100% pure veg… There are less veg hotels in munnar this is the best and rare hotel u will find
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=...

In alleppey we ate food from our hotel restaurant only… It was good 4star hotel with less rstes

Make sure u visit Eravikulam National Park… as it is the best place for the best view of munnar’s beauty and wildlife… Also i suggest u to visit kanyakumari also for nature view on sea shore and sunset/sunrise view

Missing
suspended
50
17
0
Expand
namanmakkar wrote:

Make sure u visit Eravikulam National Park… as it is the best place for the best view of munnar’s beauty and wildlife… Also i suggest u to visit kanyakumari also for nature view on sea shore and sunset/sunrise view

all these inputs appreciated.
so this (star rated, but economical) hotel seemed to have decent hygienic, vegetarian food?
could you please share that name also, which hotel is that.

when eating outside (sometimes even at friends or relatives) one has to simply lower one’s expectation or compromise on kitchen sharing ingredients and utensils between veg and meat based meals.

Large peace symbol
Deal Subedar
63
2074
23

Try for Udupi restaurants in google maps. Most of the areas you will get that nearby .

@namanmakkar do you know what and why they serve that pinkish warm water along with dosa.?

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
135
8
BARCODE wrote:

Try for Udupi restaurants in google maps. Most of the areas you will get that nearby .

@namanmakkar do you know what and why they serve that pinkish warm water along with dosa.?

Its with jeera…as per my aspect or chukunder

Cropped27069613
Deal Subedar
394
1545
18

I went there in winter time and it was difficult to sleep in night due to cold out there.
eravikulam park is nearby munnar, you can add that in your list..
check if you can book in advance because you have to wait more in queue to get bus tickets.
enjoy alappuza backwaters..
check if you can visit padmanabh mandir as well..

46518697 2469454063095338 7352322572903514112 o
Deal Subedar
28
2090
78

Welcome to my hometown aka GOD’S OWN COUNTRY wink

Cutee
Deal Subedar
264
2120
27
mrKool_JJ wrote:

Welcome to my hometown aka GOD’S OWN COUNTRY wink

Which is your hometown Alleppey or Munnar ? Btw I just returned from my trip in God’s own country. As always it was wonderful.

Cutee
Deal Subedar
264
2120
27

@sardasa1

As suggested by @namanmakkar Saravana Bhawan is a good Veg restaurant and is available in Alleppey too in District Court Road around half km from boat jetty.

46518697 2469454063095338 7352322572903514112 o
Deal Subedar
28
2090
78
Expand
DealDroid wrote:

Which is your hometown Alleppey or Munnar ? Btw I just returned from my trip in God’s own country. As always it was wonderful.

i am from tcr..

Cropped 749861292
Deal Subedar
129
1395
21
Expand
namanmakkar wrote:

Make sure u visit Eravikulam National Park… as it is the best place for the best view of munnar’s beauty and wildlife… Also i suggest u to visit kanyakumari also for nature view on sea shore and sunset/sunrise view

As per government order Eravikulam National Park stays closed in Feb & March due to breeding season of Nilgiri Thar (just got to know after reaching Munnar yesterday) sad Kanyakumari is very far from here. We don’t have so much time in this trip. May be next trip I will plan for Kovalam and Kanyakumari only.

Cropped 749861292
Deal Subedar
129
1395
21
Batman_X wrote:

I went there in winter time and it was difficult to sleep in night due to cold out there.
eravikulam park is nearby munnar, you can add that in your list..
check if you can book in advance because you have to wait more in queue to get bus tickets.
enjoy alappuza backwaters..
check if you can visit padmanabh mandir as well..

Padmanabh mandir is in Alleppey or Munnar or somewhere else?

Cropped 749861292
Deal Subedar
129
1395
21
Expand
mrKool_JJ wrote:

i am from tcr..

All this time I thought you’re from Mumbai.

Cropped27069613
Deal Subedar
394
1545
18
Expand
sardasa wrote:

Padmanabh mandir is in Alleppey or Munnar or somewhere else?

Its near trivandrum..
You need to travel 150 km more from alleppey.
Kovalam beach is there as well.

Cropped 749861292
Deal Subedar
129
1395
21
Expand
Batman_X wrote:

Its near trivandrum..
You need to travel 150 km more from alleppey.
Kovalam beach is there as well.

So, this will also be covered in next trip as we only have today for Munnar, tomorrow for Alleppey and day after tomorrow we are returning.

Cropped27069613
Deal Subedar
394
1545
18
Expand
sardasa wrote:

So, this will also be covered in next trip as we only have today for Munnar, tomorrow for Alleppey and day after tomorrow we are returning.

I was there in kerala for 60+ days, so travelled as much as I can.
I remember eating non veg mostly when I was in munnar, so can’t suggest any veg restaurants.
Enjoy your trip.

46518697 2469454063095338 7352322572903514112 o
Deal Subedar
28
2090
78
Expand
sardasa wrote:

All this time I thought you’re from Mumbai.

But now in live in Mumbai

Missing